*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, how can anyone not like potatoes. You can do so many things with them and cook them so many ways!

Alright, picture this. We take the kids to Pizza Hut to celebrate DH's new raise that he just got this morning. DS decides to pitch a fit. DH takes him onto his lap, in the process DS kicks the table, flips a plate that sends a knife and fork into the air, the plate hits the platter of breadsticks and sauce and tips it sending the breadsticks into the air. Everything lands with a crash. DH was mad, all I could do was turn bright red and laugh.

August 3rd, 2013, 11:18 PM
Super Mommy
2am and Sahara finally decides to go to bed. Thankfully she will sleep until about 12 but I am done today. The house is a disaster area but im not cleaning it now. Gotta love teething babies lol
Jessimaaka likes this.
August 4th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I know! He's so weird!!! I'm slicing them thinly and then putting butter and crushed garlic on them, and wrapping in tinfoil on the bbq...YUM!

Hi Kelly!!!! Teething babies aren't the funnest lol. Hope you got some sleep!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 4th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Is it possible for pregnancy fatigue to hit already? I was dying today. I only did half my run, and I took a half an hour nap this afternoon. And I'm about to head to bed. I wish I could load up on coffee!!!! At least I remembered to pick up decaf this weekend.

Jess
August 5th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yes pregnancy fatigue is one of my first symptoms! its what prompted me to take a test with my oldest, that and i could smell my roommates bacon outside the house.

August 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM
sure is quiet in here! Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend (is it a long weekend in other provinces or is that just in ontario?)

August 5th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I have internet again! We moved the kids desktop last night to a better location and in the process messed up our internet. After fighting to make it work for a couple hours last night and then trying it again this morning I gave up and called in help. A guy I've known since elementary school, I was actually friends with his sister, still lives here in the village and runs a computer repair business. I called him to see if he could help us, it cost me $50 but he fixed our internet set up, made sure it worked on both computers and the ipod and replaced a faulty cable for us.

August 5th, 2013, 05:58 PM
YAY for internet! I go crazy when mine is out, im an addict

August 5th, 2013, 08:22 PM
My husband says I am too! He thinks I need help.

Spent the evening sitting outside by the fire. It was such a nice night, we cooked our meal over it, ate marshmallows and I read the kids poems from Shel Silverstein's books.

August 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM
sounds like a wonderful night! i havent had a fire/cookout in forever

August 6th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Sounds like an awesome night Caroline! And boo for no internet...at least its all in order now!

Trip went great! Cam did amazing, and is currently sleeping in his own crib. It was so funny, when I laid him down tonight, he gave a big contented sigh that he was in his own bed It was so sweet! And he went straight to sleep and hasn't made a peep since.

It was quiet in here over the weekend! I think its a mostly country-wide holiday? I know its not a stat though.

Jess
August 7th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Looks like its a movies and PJs day here. Already had once nice thunderstorm and they're calling for more as the day goes on.

I took the kids last night to meet up with a friend and her dd for some froyo. We had such a good time, I'm loving those make your own places. I got DS his own cup for the first time, he was so happy and sat very still eating the whole thing!

August 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Cam looooooves Yogen Fruz, I swear he eats half of mine.

We got Cam's birthday present...they have big heavy duty red wooden wagons on sale at TSC this week for $75 (regular $150). So we went and got it this morning and DH is building it.

And I'm headed out shortly to get my nails did My sister is treating me

Rainy thundery day here still and predicted to be for the rest of the day.

Jess
August 7th, 2013, 11:27 AM
mmm now i want some froyo!

August 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
The wagons are one sale? I've been looking for a new one. Must go check TSC!

August 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
They have two sizes...the small one is $129 and is not on sale...they said probably not till November. The larger one is regular $150, on for $75: 20" X 38" HEAVY DUTY WOODEN WAGON Its pretty big, but not super heavy, real wood, real wheels, very smooth, we love it!

Tornado watches ongoing here now...and the sun is out...its so weird!

Jess
August 7th, 2013, 05:26 PM
thats a nice looking wagon! great deal too

August 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM
We were excited to find it, DH's aunt told us about it.

No rain even here...I'm sad I didn't get to go for my run

Starting prep for Cam's birthday...got most of the food today, boiled eggs for devilled eggs my sister requested tonight. Party is on Saturday....about 40 people :/ DH's whole extended family needs to be invited or they see it as a personal slight. So its huge. And expensive as we're doing dinner.

And my dad is making 'painkillers', an alcoholic drink to serve...thank goodness it has pineapple juice in it so I can't have it (allergic) as we haven't told them we are expecting again yet...waiting till after Cam's birthday so he can have his special day.

I gave up on finding a smash cake, I'm getting a mini celebration cake from Zehrs and taking off their icing and sprinkles (they wouldn't leave one plain for me ) and decorating it myself. At least I ordered the cake today!!!! I was super productive! Tomorrow we work on scrubbing the house clean, Friday is cleaning and food...Saturday is us getting clean lol.

Jess
August 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
why wouldnt they leave it plain? thats silly!

August 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I was looking at it on the website. The runners are on sale half price too to make it into a sled in the winter. Now I'm just trying to decide if its worth buying it and the runners since we have lots of riding things for summer and really just need something I can use in the winter to get around, or if I just buy a really good sled.

Sounds like his party is going to be a lot of fun! I wish I lived closer to you I'd so do custom cakes for his party for you, a large one for the guests and a mini matching one for him to smash.

The guy who was fixing my computer came back today, the cable he had to order was in already so he came and installed it. He also fixed my printer that quit just after he came the first time. He did it all, 2 house calls and the new cable for less than $55 including tax. I was impressed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search