*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it will all be fantastic when you're done Jess!

I'm just done today. It got to the point that I actually screamed at my family, kids and DH, to get them to listen. For 9 hours I asked DD2 to take 1 towel and 1 sweater upstairs to put away, she wouldn't do it. For 2 weeks I've been asking DD1 to trim her nails and for 3 days I've been asking her to help wash some dishes, she refused. DH walked by the dehumidifier 3 times and refused to empty it. I have no idea why I need to flip my lid in order to get my family to realize that I mean business and I want a bit of help now and then!

August 9th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i hope tomorrow is better! I often feel like if i dont demand Dh do something he wont do it at all, but then of course im the bad one for being a mean old bossy witch

August 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Yep! I'm the bad guy! At least my little freak out got supper made and the kitchen cleaned up for me tonight. I don't know why it's so hard for my family to just look around and say, "Hey mom needs some help lets pitch in" or "Look I'm walking by this and it needs to be emptied/picked up/taken upstairs/whatever" and just do it.

And then to top it off, I was venting to my mom and her comment "well your DH works 10 hours a day, you should do everything around the house." Excuse me! I'm on call with the kids 24 hours a day! I'm up with them in the night, I'm up with them all day, I'm awake from 6am to midnight every day. I'm sorry I don't work outside the house but I do work in it! I really do think DH and the kids could help out once in a while, even if it is "my job", even people with jobs get breaks and holidays. I don't!

Sorry, I know I'm just whining tonight. Most of the time I really do enjoy being a SAHM and love doing it, but tonight it all just seems like too much.

August 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Having a much better day today. My mom took all three kids for me, I've been able to do some shopping by myself, get some laundry done and clean up the living room without kids messing up everything I do the minute I finish. Mom is even making supper for us tonight. I'm so happy to have a break today.

August 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Quiet in here today. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I made spicy dill pickles and taco dip tonight, have a zucchini to make cake out of and a new recipe that I want to try for jalapeno popper dip that I'm going to try tomorrow.

August 11th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm back!!! And that was INSANE. Never again. Until this little one's 1st birthday. We are NOT doing this for every birthday. Not a fan. Far too many people. So chaotic. People stayed till 1am at the campfire. I gave up at midnight...I think I did pretty good for a preggo! But no one knows so I had to hide it and didn't have an excuse.

Cam did fantastic with his smash cake....loves icing, started crying when we took it away. Once I'm more organized later this week, I'll try uploading the video (its kinda long, my mom kept panning the crowd instead of videotaping Cam). I'll post some pictures once I'm more organized too! His poop was tinged turquoise this morning

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 11th, 2013, 07:13 AM
i cant believe people stayed so late! i would have kicked them out LOL i dont do big parties

August 11th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I agree I would have kicked them all out too. DH's sisters have a tendency to overstay their welcome sometimes. I just get up and start cleaning up around them, putting chairs away and whatnot and when I'm done I make a comment about how nice it was to see them but I'm heading to bed. If that doesn't work I bluntly tell them that they don't have to go home but they can't stay here. That usually works.

August 11th, 2013, 09:57 AM
DH was drinking away with them so its not like I could do anything. I could have gone to bed I guess, but I hate leaving the mess for the morning. I am just SO glad its over. Cam's *real* birthday is tomorrow. It will be nice and low key and just the 3 of us. And then this week I have to decorate his shirt, and possibly reveal that I'm pregnant to my parents next weekend. Nervous! They will be excited, but still nervous.

Jess
August 11th, 2013, 06:09 PM
DH got stubborn tonight. We've had a blocked downpipe on our eves trough since we moved in, since it's supposed to rain again tomorrow he decided to wage war on it tonight. 2 hours and a bit of help from a neighbour later and it's running free. I'm hoping this means less water in our basement when it rains this time.

August 11th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Well, this momma is done for the night. I feel like I've done nothing but clean up poop and puke since 3:30 this afternoon. I should have the cleanest floors in town.

First DS pooped in his first pair of big boy underwear, no big deal it happens, but when I took him to the bathroom to clean him up he threw a fit, I had poop everywhere! Floors, walls, toilet, all down his legs, up his back and even in his hair! I love two year olds.

Then DD2 was helping us with garbage, got a whiff of something that made her gag and she started throwing up, all over my kitchen, then ran to the bathroom where she managed to hit the floors, walls, toilet and potty seat, not to mention all over her.

Now I'm sitting here with a sick cat because she decided to eat my chive plant and she's now throwing up all over the house.

Help me! My stomach isn't this strong!

August 12th, 2013, 12:26 PM
yuck! what an awful day that sounds like!! I hope today is better

August 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Ewww!!!!! I'd have vomited as well by that point!!! Hope today is better!

Here are some pictures of Cam's birthday....its my August album on FB, so the first few aren't birthday related. https://www.facebook.com/jess.perkov...7904032&type=1

Jess
August 12th, 2013, 04:52 PM
love the pics!! Cam is such a cutie and i am sooo jealous of your awesome backyard!

August 12th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Our backyard was really what sold us on the house...we have big plans for it in a few years when we have money again lol. Changing the deck and extending it out. We back onto a SUPER busy street which is the only downfall.

On that note....I'm no longer on EI!!! Today is my first day of vacation...2.5 weeks till back to work

Jess
August 12th, 2013, 05:39 PM
the first year goes so fast doesnt it! only 8 months until you get to be off with your babies!

August 12th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Eeeeee!!!!! I know! Yay! I'm going to hold off telling work until mid-October I hope...as long as I'm not showing...I heard you show earlier with your 2nd. We are SUPER busy in October until at least mid-month so I'm hoping people won't be noticing!

DH tore apart our ensuite this evening...its completely empty! He will mud and pull up the floor tomorrow. Then we'll get my dad to paint. Then lay new flooring. And after that, put in the new vanity, put the toilet back (we replaced that a year ago, so we don't need a new one, just needed to take it out to do the floor), and then a new mirror, lighting and toilet paper holder, hand towel ring, and towel rack. Hopefully done in a week!

Jess
August 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Great pictures. I also love your yard!

That's an ambitious project to do in a week! Good luck!

Today was much better here.

August 12th, 2013, 07:14 PM
The only holdup on the project might be my dad. When he can paint. I can't handle the smell (even when not pregnant) and DH is colour blind and can even mix up wet and dry on the wall so he's not allowed to lol. Its such a tiny bathroom it won't take long

Yay for today being a better day. Today was an ok day for us...it was Cam's actual birthday but I think his top front teeth are on the move again, so he is a drool monster and not sleeping well....I just spent 10 minutes in with him thrashing and freaking out and inconsolable....I needed a break, and 2 minutes later he put himself down. I'm debating starting CIO...like extinction since CIO with checks is not working at all. I feel bad, but I feel I have no other choice. He hasn't improved. And I can't jeopardize myself at work. Not that they'd let me go (I'm a high performer normally), but I like to live up to my reputation. Somehow I see 8:00 bedtimes in my future if CIO doesn't work.

Jess
August 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Oh I should mention my happiest news of the day.

Our house closed!! I'm so happy! We now only own 1 house. Never, never want to own 2 houses again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search