*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yay! fantastic news caroline, i cant imagine how awesome and relieved you must be feeling!!

August 13th, 2013, 06:42 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are so happy! Last night was the first night I slept right through to my alarm in a long time!

August 13th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay!!!!! Awesome news Caroline!!!!! I can't even imagine how stressful that was.

Off to exchange some of Cam's clothes today. He got a bunch of shorts in 18 month which he wears now, and won't be wearing shorts for too much longer, so I'm hoping to get them in 24 month so he can wear them next year and get more wear out of them.

He's wearing pj's that say "I think my dad is Batman" LOL

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 13th, 2013, 06:55 AM
if hes wearing 18 months now he might not fit 24 months a year from now, i learned that lesson the hard way!

August 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I agree, 24m is only 1 size up, and he won't be wearing shorts for a full year, he may be in 3T next year this time.

August 13th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Good thing they were all out of 24 months in both places I needed to change them! I got some shirts instead. He just switched to 18 months like 2 weeks ago, and he's got a skinny waist so I was thinking that might be ok, but you're right, its SO hard to judge!

So my loaner BlackBerry from Rogers....wasn't working unless I was at home and connected to my home internet. So I got fed up, went in today, and apparently the phone they sent me was set to connect to Telus? It says Rogers on the phone. When I walked in and explained my issue, they were like "Are you with Telus?" Yes, yes I'm with Telus but I walked into a Rogers to have my issue fixed. Seriously?! Regardless, they were able to fix it and it works now, but such a pain!

Jess
August 13th, 2013, 01:06 PM
what? thats so weird about your phone! glad you got it fixed

August 13th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I just want my regular phone back! Both mine and DH's were randomly turning off. And not turning back on for at least 10 minutes. Like I could be in the middle of typing a text message with a full battery and it would just shut off. This started the 2nd half of July. Well, we went in to have them looked at towards the end of July. Our warranty was up Aug 5, so we just sneaked in! Waiting to hear what's wrong with them, if its fixable, or if we keep the loaner phones. So frustrating.

I was just blown away that I was asked if I was with Telus. Do people actually walk into another carrier when they have an issue? I don't get it!

Such a weird day. Took Cam for a walk wearing pants and a sweatshirt. Not cool Mother Nature!

Jess
August 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
its cool out today for sure! this summer has been crazy with heat and cold

August 13th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I'm wearing pants to bed tonight instead of shorts...its supposed to go down to 6! Brrr!

One thing Cam got for his birthday was a real wood table and chair set. DH clear-coated it tonight so did no work on the bathroom. He needs to demo the floor next, and doesn't want to do it when Cam is sleeping so that may not get done till the weekend. But DH wants to paint now. Since no one but us will actually really see that room, I'm letting him try

Jess
August 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM
There's a flipping windchill tonight! What the heck? Temperature is 9 and it will feel like 6! I'm so not impressed!

On a happy note I've been accepted to attend a Brownie Super Event this fall! I'm so excited! I've never been accepted to anything like this before. I've been accepted to go to regional events, but this one is Provincial! I'll be spending 3 days in Toronto, they are having sessions run by Disney! EEEKKK! It will be hard to be away from my family for that long, but seriously I can't wait! It's also hard to spend this much money on just myself because it will cost $170 for food, accommodations, the bus and the event, but DH keeps telling me that I need to do something for myself and not always think about the kids, so I'm doing it.

August 14th, 2013, 04:11 AM
thats so cool caroline!

i hope your dh did ok with the painting jess, derek is a terrible painter too! he did the boys room when i was pregnant with Finn, OMG its soooo bad, im going to redo it when i redecorate their room

August 14th, 2013, 04:44 AM
My little man spent his first night in a big boy bed last night instead of the crib. It was kind of sad packing away the crib knowing that I have no more babies to sleep in it. They grow up too fast!

August 14th, 2013, 05:19 AM
how did he do in the big boy bed? I was so nervous the first few nights Ross and Will slept in toddler beds instead of cribs

August 14th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Ohh, sounds like fun Caroline! I'd only ever been to regional events as well. And of course you need to do something for you! Especially after all the stress you've had this summer.

He hasn't started painting yet...he wants to take up the floor first since we are also replacing the floor in there, which will require replacing the baseboards, which affects the painting. And he didn't want to do it while Cam was sleeping. So we'll see how things go! And he needs to paint during the day since we're taking down the light fixture too, so I'm guessing that will be done on the weekend. And I reminded him not to install the new floor before painting because I don't want to be scrubbing paint droplets off my new floor. I still have to pick out a light fixture, and toilet paper holder, hand towel holder and towel rack. Pretty sure I'm just going to get the same ones we put in the other bathroom, but I need to figure out where I got them

Yay for big boy bed!!!! How did he do? What did you do to prepare him for it?

Jess
August 14th, 2013, 06:31 AM
He did really well last night. We didn't prepare him at all. While we were out last night I made a comment to DH about how I wish we had set up his bed during the day so that DH would be home for his first night in the bed to help me in case we were up all night. So we came home, took down the crib, set up the bed and put DS in it. We did let DS help removed the screws from the crib and help put together the bed, talking about what a big boy he is now. He was so happy, the smile on that boys face was amazing. He fell right to sleep and this morning when I peeked in his room he was just sitting up in his bed smiling, he didn't even make an attempt to get out.

August 14th, 2013, 06:46 AM
thats awesome, im glad he did so well

August 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Awww, that's perfect! I hope it continues tonight. I love that he was involved in putting away the crib.

OMG, got to see a 7 week old chunky little girl today, she was SO sweet. When she smiles, her cheeks are so chubby, her eyes close She was soooooo cute! And sooooooo big for 7 weeks!

Jess
August 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
awww newborns, i think my Finn is little until i see a newbie and then it makes him seem so huge!

August 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM
She was born June 25, and is 15lbs...she a little chunk! Soooo cute!

I made these tonight...can't wait till everything cools and I can taste test!
Scotcheroos | The Girl Who Ate Everything
Handle the Heat Thick and Fudgy Toffee Brownies

I added chopped walnuts to the top of the brownies...nom nom nom!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search