*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made a jalapeno popper dip for supper tonight. It required me cutting up 6 jalapeno peppers, which is great and all except that I then rubbed my eye. My eye still stings.

I love chubby newborns! So sweet.

August 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That is the worst!!! I haven't had jalapenos in forever, they made Cam super gassy but now that he's only nursing at night, I can eat them again! Unless Squishy is not a fan...there is only 1 way to find out!

The Scotcheroos...AMAZING. I've never made them before. The brownies I have and I'll wait till tomorrow for them. They are delish too. But need to be completely cool.

Cam has been down since 6:30, he woke up at 7:15 after having a massive poop, and hasn't made a peep since. Now as soon as I hit post, I bet he wakes up lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Our jalapenos are ripe in the garden and there are lots of them so I'm coming up with new recipes to use some of them.

I need to look at your recipe and figure out what scotcheroos are.

I hope Cam stays asleep for you. So far night two of big boy bed is going well, DS has been sleeping since 8:30.

Just looked it up, I know what those are, just never knew what they were called! I love those things.

August 15th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i have no idea what Jess baked but im going to look them up! i have been craving sugar so bad lately its not even funny

i know what those are! my mom made them all the time, we didnt have a name for them though LOL

August 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Lucky you guys! I just got regular plain rice krispie squares as a kid lol. He definitely woke up like 5 minutes after I posted, and like 3 times last night. Ugh.

Last babytime today at the library Makes me sad! But we'll go back when I'm on mat leave again

Thank goodness this weekend is supposed to be nice, I'm sitting here in pants and a sweater!

Jess
August 16th, 2013, 07:42 PM
So today 3 girls came over, we all used to work on the same client at my old work, and 3 of the 4 of us were on mat leave, and the 4th doesn't work Fridays in the summer. So we had an 18 month old, a 12 month old (Cam) a 3.5 month old, and an almost 1 month old. SO awesome. And we forgot to take a picture. But it was awesome to get together with a bunch of mommies in real life and talk about stuff like I do on JM. We used to be stuck in an audit room together for 15 hours 6 days a week so we were pretty close. We are planning to do another one

In other news...I am so tired I want to go to bed, but my legs are like jello and I'm scared to get off the couch LOL.

Jess
August 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
We had our yard sale this morning. I'm so tired now. My front yard has no shade at all and it was getting really hot by 1pm when we decided to pack it up. I had 5 tables full of stuff plus a tarp for stuffies and clothes and large items and all I brought back into the house is one small plastic tote of stuff that I'm going to try to sell on Kijiji. Not all of it sold, the rest is off to Goodwill, but I managed to make over $200.

August 17th, 2013, 02:50 PM
thats awesome caroline!

August 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
$200 is awesome!!!! Is it bad I can't wait until we get to have yard sales and get rid of kid stuff? lol.

I had pizza for dinner! It was amazing! Mmmmm.

We're having a bonfire tonight and just relaxing. And going to a car show tomorrow. Busy busy!

Jess
August 17th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Well I was super lazy tonight. I ordered in, not even something I couldn't make myself, I ordered nachos and taco salad. It was very good though!

I was really impressed with the $200, that's almost half of what I need for our new living room furniture to complete our set.

A friend of mine with a boy about 6 months older than DS she was selling all his too small clothes. She sold me 2 bags full of clothes for $45, there's enough clothes there to be his entire fall/winter wardrobe and all brand name.
Irish_Wristwatch likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
That's amazing!

I'm going to this in September: https://www.facebook.com/TheParentBazaar?ref=profile

Typically things go for $1 or $2 (some things more, like snowsuits and such), so I'm planning to pick some stuff up for Cam and then some girly things in nb and 0-3 just to cover my bases lol.

Jess
August 18th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Cool event! I've never heard of it before but I see it's coming to my closest city too I may have to check it out.

August 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
ive never heard of that either! cool

August 18th, 2013, 05:32 PM
My friend told me about them when I was pregnant with Cam, she comes from Hanover to the one here, since this one is pretty big. It is pretty crazy, there's a $2 entrance fee for adults (kids free), and seriously, people RUN. They post things on the facebook page leading up to each one, like big ticket things that go fast like Ergos, and such. I just wander and look for good quality inexpensive items that I can use. Depending on when I get rid of baby stuff, I may rent a table...people tend to do really well at these things. And bartering happens too. I love these sales!

So we went to a huge car show this afternoon, it was awesome to wander and look at these crazy cool cars...DH was in his element, Cam chilled in his stroller and I wandered and got lots of vitamin D lol.

Such beautiful weather this week, and I was thinking of things I can do with Cam...but he starts daycare Wednesday I only have 2 more days with my little man. I really hope things go well. I had a chat with our DCP on Friday and I think he'll do good...she ended up having to send another little boy home after a week. He's always been at home with his mom, and he never went to any mommy & me things or anything around other kids. He would cry for hours. Cam is pretty stubborn, but the longest he's cried after I've left him is like 20 minutes. The only thing is, that's with my mom or sister who he is familiar with. He doesn't know this woman. But I still can't see him crying for like 4 hours. Especially if there are other kids around. He looooooves other kids. I don't start work till the Wednesday after, so I'm getting a mani/pedi, and going for a starbucks date with a friend on the first day...I know he's going to be overtired and sleep like **** at night until he adjusts. Forgive me if I'm distant this week!

Jess
August 19th, 2013, 04:47 AM
im sure he will do great! Most kids do well with daycare and other kids, but its good hes starting while you are home, just in case he does need you

August 19th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Makes me sad But we are going to enjoy today and tomorrow. He isn't going next Monday since she is taking a long weekend, but he has his 1 year appointment that day and is getting shots, so it won't be a fun day anyways. I can't believe its the end!

Jess
August 19th, 2013, 07:00 AM
It's only temporary, these next few months will go by so fast and you'll be pulling him back out to spend a whole year off with him again! I'm sure he'll have a great time playing with the other kids and making new friends.

DH wants to take the drive back to IKEA today and get the rest of our living room furniture so we have it all set up and our living room looking good for his birthday on Sunday. I'm so excited! Now if we can just stick to our budget this time and not buy anything that isn't on our list we'll be all set.

August 19th, 2013, 07:51 AM
ooo ikea! im jealous!!!!! I can never manage to stick to our budget there, i want everything!!!

August 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM
I Ikea, for certain things lol.

We are looking at making a reading nook either in Cam's big boy bedroom since there is space or the playroom. Using the cube shelves from there (not the big 16 cube ones, we have one of those already, but the smaller ones).

I'm glad there's an end in sight! 8 months! ahhh! Although depending on her space, I'm going to see if I can maybe send him two mornings a week so I can do mommy & me classes with the new little one. We won't be able to afford more than that so we'll see. This is all dependent on us liking her anyways during this stretch.

I went and took stock of my maternity bottoms...since I'm starting 21lbs lower this time around...everything is HUGE! I didn't get as far as tops but I'm sure they'll be massive too. I'm hoping to bridge the gap with some of my bigger clothes instead of having to buy new maternity stuff.

Jess
August 19th, 2013, 03:17 PM
You'll need the extra size once you start to show, at least I did. I was so much bigger with my second and third pregnancy, and I started to show earlier with each one too.

We did very good at IKEA today, we only bought one thing that wasn't on our list and it was only $14 extra. Now to assemble the rest of our living room. It will be so nice to have all matching furniture, we've never had that before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search