*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
thats a lot of jelly!

August 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's a ton of jelly, but my Mom and I both love it and I have a few people who I'm going to pass on jars to for little thank you gifts and such. It's such a rare treat around here since crab apple trees are getting harder and harder to find. Most people just have the decorative ones and you can't make anything out of those apples.

August 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
my mom makes apple butter, she always makes a ton whenever she does it too. Its super yummy so i dont mind, but she gives it as gifts too. I didnt know that there were decorative crap apple trees and ones that made good fruit... learned something new today!

August 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
mmmm, apple butter. I haven't had that in a long time, but I have no idea how to make it.

August 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
im not sure either, but its darn good

August 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
DS is insisting he wear big boy underwear today. Problem with this, the smallest size I can find is 2T and it falls right off of him. Upside is that it's after 9am and he has kept them dry so far.

August 23rd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Wow, a lot of jelly! We had a macintosh apple tree in our backyard, but it really attracted a lot of bugs and bees so we took it down...my SIL was devastated lol.

Yay for big boy underwear!!!! So funny it falls right off him hahaha. I can see that happening to Cam when the time comes, he's got such a tiny waist.

So today at the dropoff for daycare...I didn't even get his shoes off and he was running for downstairs...I think its safe to say he LOVES it! I am soooooo relieved. He didn't nap well yesterday but hopefully today will be better. His top two teeth are soooooooooo close to finally coming in, like white almost poking through. I'm hoping tonight...I've been saying that all week though lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 23rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
OK, only mom's can share and be happy about this! DS used the potty! He even stayed dry on our walk to the post office and back, I'm so proud of my little man.

August 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
yay thats awesome!!! Ross (3) is working on potty training, hes great at home and for small outings but he forgets when we go to the store or something like that

August 23rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Oh he's nowhere near ready for me to take him to a store without a diaper, and I put one back on him for nap time too. I'm just impressed that he came to us wanting to try and did it.

August 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
that is really awesome! Ross had no desire to use the potty at all until after he turned 3, im super jealous

August 23rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Yay!!!!!! I am not looking forward to that stage at all!

So....here's Cam today...they were playing in the backyard, and she has a deck at the side, and it has two steps down to the driveway when the gate is open. A little girl was being picked up, and she pinched herself when putting on her bike helmet, so the DCP made sure she was ok, but accidentally didn't close the gate the whole way. My determined little man opened the gate and proceeded to walk towards her, as he has absolutely no depth perception and he looooooves her. And smashed his head into the driveway I don't blame her in any way, its something I easily could have done as well. And he cried for all of 10 seconds and then totally forgot it even happened. She also called me right away and everything so I wasn't surprised when I came to get him...I did end up picking him up a little earlier. It looks super painful, but he didn't even flinch when I put more polysporin on it. We'll see how things go tonight.

Jess
August 23rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Awe, poor little guy! He's going to look like my DS soon.

August 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
awww poor Cam

August 23rd, 2013, 04:53 PM
I'm sure this is just the beginning but it still sucks. It could have been worse, at least he didn't need stitches or anything. Its more scrapes than anything and those usually don't really scar so hopefully everything will turn out ok. Unfortunately his 1 year appointment with the doctor is on Monday...I hope they don't judge :/

Jess
August 23rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
they wont! Accidents happen, i bet come monday it wont look near as bad, kids heal so much faster than the rest of us

August 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Bree's right, by Monday it won't look bad at all, kids heal amazingly quick. You're doctor shouldn't judge, keep in mind they see kids all the time. I've only had one doctor question bruising on any of my kids and she was just a student, my family doc actually told me she would question me more if my kids didn't have the occasional bump or bruise.

August 23rd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Ok, and I posted the picture on our PR FB group and two ladies are shocked I'm not pulling him and freaking out and p'd off, etc. etc. etc. Am I being too laid back about it? I don't think so...accidents happen, she called me right away, he wasn't in dire pain...but am I wrong? I'm new to this whole thing...I mean, if he has another accident next week, I'll be more inclined to be 'what the heck', but I know Cam can have tunnel vision and has no fear. So while it sucks that he hurt himself, with 4 kids running around, I don't think she can only look at my wild child 100% of the time...I think that's fair. But now I'm second guessing myself...

Jess
August 23rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
I think you need to trust your mommy gut. Youre the one who knows her and you know your child. He sounds like my Will, Will is fearless, he bonks his head and falls down more than any child ive met, its just him.

IMO it doesnt matter who watches your baby, at some point he IS going to fall, he IS going to get hurt, it might happen at a day care center with 2 teachers and 20 kids, or it might happen at home when grandma is watching only him. Thats just how kids are, especially toddlers.

IMO your daycare lady acted appropriately, called right away, explained the situation and was honest with you so if it were my kid, id send him back. If it happens all the time, id definitely reconsider it but if you trust her then i think hes good there

August 23rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
I agree you have to follow your gut. He's a toddler and accidents happen. Toddlers are adventuresome by nature, some more than others, and tend to get into things or try things that older kids wouldn't. You can't bubble wrap them.

Personal opinion I'd giver her the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident this time, your provider did act appropriately when it happened and he wasn't seriously injured. If he starts coming home hurt on a regular basis, then I'd question it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search