*~*August Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Well, its officially the second half of summer. 264 posts in July was amazing considering people had a lot going on and vacations and such. I challenge you to 275 in August

Some Celebrity Birthdays
4 - Maurice Richard
6 - Alexander Flemming (discovered penicillin)
16 - James Cameron
19 - Matthew Perry
21 - Kim Cattrall
21 - Carrie-Anne Moss
28 - Jason Priestley

Canadian Historic Events in August
1610 - Henry Hudson entered Hudson's Bay but thought he had found the Pacific
1784 - Province of New Brunswick formed
1873 - The first RCMP detachment was formed
1884 - The Calgary Stampede was formed -- it was then known as The Calgary Agricultural Society
1896 - Gold was first discovered in the Yukon Territory
1906 - Montreal, Quebec, suffered its first auto fatality
1944 - Parliament passed the Baby Bonus legislation
1957 - Saskatchewan became the first province to complete its section of the Trans-Canada Highway
1998 - The Supreme Court of Canada ruled Quebec could not unilaterally secede From Canada

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 1st, 2013, 05:12 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
August already! no way, how does the year manage to go by so quickly as an adult!

August 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM
I know! It makes me sad! And in 28 days I'll be back to work Good thing I have another mat leave to look forward to

So this morning....Cam managed to grab my coffee cup and dump it on himself. My only decaf tassimo disc I have to have decaf because I'm having coffee with a friend later. While I was cleaning everything up (the couch, the floor the side table, my weights and indoor runners that were under the table, and the pillow he was standing on), I turn around and he is at the top of the stairs we live in a back split, but based on the grade of the land, they dug a bit deeper and we have cathedral ceilings downstairs, so its a regular sized staircase of 13 stairs. I freaked out again and he started crying again. This day can only get better!!!

On a good note, I got a positive on a digi this morning so I'll be calling the doctor today.

Jess
August 1st, 2013, 07:54 AM
dont worry you only have 8 months of work for another year off! perfect timing!!!

oh man, thats why i have to keep the kids gated in the play area! i have fast monkeys too.

So do you have any intuition as to whether your having a boy or a girl? what about names?? Gah im going to have so much fun chatting pregnancy stuff with you

August 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Went to the Burlington Ikea yesterday since the North York one didn't have what we were looking for. Ended up spending way too much! Like hundreds over my budget! We went for closet pieces for the girls since there is no closet in either of their rooms. We bought them and a whole 3 piece entertainment unit for our living room. But the wood doesn't match our coffee and end tables so now DH wants to go back and buy the rest of the set so our whole living room matches. Anyone have a money tree I can use for a bit?

Oh and because DH and I are like the dumbest people on the planet we measured from the wall to the TV and from the TV to the other wall, but forgot to measure the space under the TV. So the cabinets on each side fit, but the centre piece for under the TV itself is 3 inches too long!

August 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM
No intuition...although looking at my chart, if we were swaying, I'd guess boy. But who knows! We'll stay team green (DH still wants to find out...), and I may do some gender tests

I've already started the name game, but DH doesn't want to talk names yet. Which is fine...we have lots of time. But it will be like last time where I come up with tons, and he vetos them...fun! I will keep you updated!

Isn't that always the way with Ikea Caroline! We want to get an entertainment unit from there for our tv as well. Boo for the wrong measurements! Anything you can do to fix it? And boo for not matching....are they far enough different that it looks obvious that you aren't trying to match them? If you find that money tree...share with me!!!

Jess
August 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM
i want to buy like everything from ikea LOL

When you get thinking about names make sure you share (if you share before baby arrives) i love baby name chat, and im totally thinking up names for baby #4 (even though that will never happen)

August 1st, 2013, 01:46 PM
This is the series working on doing our living room

HEMNES living room series - IKEA

So far we bought the narrow book case, the two drawer TV bench and the glass door cabinet with 3 drawers in the grey colour. We still want the rectangular coffee table and the two side tables in the same grey colour.

August 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM
thats nice! one day i will be able to have nice things in my house again LOL

August 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
We have very little furniture that is either new or ours. Most of the stuff we've been living with is old hand me downs or super cheap or borrowed. This is the first good furniture we've bought.

August 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM
pretty much all our furniture is hand me down too, i dont mind it much, because hey it was free, but some day i dream of having nice stuff, maybe when the boys are older, right now they would likely just ruin it all anyway

August 1st, 2013, 06:36 PM
That's one of my biggest fears now that we have it. I have a 2 year old who still colours on thing if the girls leave their markers out and drives his cars on everything! The girls I'm not worried about, I know they won't ruin it.

I'm exhausted tonight, I was ready for bed by 8:00, trying to stay up a bit longer otherwise I'll be awake at like 3am.

August 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Love that furniture! I really love the colour, what colour are your walls?

I had a similar table from there, not that line though, a cheaper line lol. It lasted not quite 4 years...Bama ran into it one too many times.

Out of our ENTIRE house...the ONLY furniture that was new...is our couch set and TV, and Ikea 16 block thing that our TV is currently on. Bedroom set, spare room furniture, Cam's bedroom furniture, our dining room set, kitchen table, front room couch / papasan chair / credenza thing....ALL hand me downs, and a few things from auctions (my dad has a slight obsession). The dining room set is actually a family heirloom that belonged to my great grandmother. Our house is very eclectic but one day we will have that nice stuff. But as I expect kids to colour on things, Cam poured coffee all over my new couch today already....I'm not buying nice stuff anytime soon!!!!

I will share about names, just not IRL I want to start looking and he keeps avoiding. I still really like Nolan for a boy, but there's no nn for it, so I dunno. Adeline and Arden are front runners for a girl, Adeline was our pick for Cam if he was a girl, and Arden I just love and DH is not a fan. I'm going to try and sway him. At least Cameron is a pretty versatile name It will be hard to find something that doesn't go with it!

Jess
August 1st, 2013, 08:29 PM
The one thing I really like about this line is that it's solid pine not fiber board. It costs more but hopefully being solid wood it will last longer.

Nolan is a nice name, but you're right it doesn't shorten. I really like Adeline!

August 2nd, 2013, 05:16 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have 9 weeks left and have NO name ideas yet!! Everything I come up with DH doesn't like, but he barely comes up with much!!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 2nd, 2013, 05:37 AM
im such a planner, i make dh talk baby names like as soon as there are 2 pink lines Adeline is super cute, it sounds great with Cameron, so does Arden. Youre right there arent many things that dont fit with it

August 2nd, 2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
We have 9 weeks left and have NO name ideas yet!! Everything I come up with DH doesn't like, but he barely comes up with much!!!
That's what DH and I were like with DS. I had a list of names, not a long one but at least it was some to choose from and DH didn't like any of them but wouldn't come up with any that he did like. It wasn't until my OB gave us my section date that DH actually seriously thought about names. Then I actually had to threaten him that if he didn't give me at least one name he liked that I was just going to name the kid and he'd have no say in it. He stayed up most of the night and when I got up in the morning Word was up on my computer with a single name written in bold. It wasn't my first choice but it was at least one on my list so we finally had our name less than 7 days before DS was born.

August 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
I think we have a boys name if we ever had another boy, its not one im overly keen on but i like the NN and Dh loves it. I have no idea what id name a girl if we ever had one though, i have a list that changes constantly of about 10 names

August 2nd, 2013, 06:43 AM
We had Cam's name picked out before we were even pregnant. We came up with our girl name for him about maybe 10 weeks before he was born.

So I think it will be either Adeline Faith or Arden Faith....and no name for a boy. I loooooove Issac (nn zac), but then his initials would be IP...and he'd get made fun of Time to pull out the name books again!!!

So I told my sister! And we went and got a plain t-shirt and fabric paint to make a big brother shirt for Cam. The smallest ones Carters carries are 2T and the ones online are super expensive and shipping makes it worse! So we're making one. Just waiting to see if my appointment can be changed (as per my other thread)!!!

Jess
August 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
At least you're thinking about initials. I didn't. I ended up with a BM for one of my girls

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search