Hate Letter

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm sure most of you have heard about this already since it happened in Canada (Newcastle, Ontario), but just posting to get it out there.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3115133&type=1

I am disgusted. I have been following this story since a friend of mine posted it. There's lots more coming out that you don't get from the letter.

- Sent to the grandmother, where he was spending mornings in the summer as his mom has progressive MS and he is a runner (like lots of kids with autism) so she cannot properly care for him while his father is at work
- He plays in a fenced in backyard...bouncing a ball

I'm sure there is more to the story, and that it will hopefully come out, but somehow I doubt they will find out who did it. Who would actually own up to writing that filth? I've read some places that some people believe the family wrote the note for sympathy especially as they seemed weird on the news...I'd seem weird on the news, all self conscious and such, so I personally wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

***Not trying to start a debate, just curious***

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i saw that on FB and the news! Its saddening to me how disgusting humans can be Obviously whoever wrote that filth has never taken the time to get to know that boy, some of the most wonderful people i know have had special needs.

It never even crossed my mind that the family wrote it, IMO thats pretty ridiculous, I too would probably seem strange on the news too, id probably be pretty nervous and upset about the entire situation

August 21st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw this as well. So sad. It also didn't even cross my mind that the family would be responsible for this. If the police find the person who sent it I don't think anything will happen as they have said it wasn't a hate crime.

August 22nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I was wondering what they could be charged with, not sure if it could go so far as harassment. It makes me super sad. I don't think its the family did it either, that was pretty awful.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 22nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
All i can say is thank god this.... thing was blessed with "normal" children. I honestly shudder to think of what would have happened if they were not.
August 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i would hope at the very least that is considered harassment to that family/child

August 22nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was struggling to understand why this wasn't a hate crime.... by the law a hate crime must be done publicly. HOWEVER, harrassment comes with a harsher penalty (no more than 10 years, vs hate crime's no more than a maximum of 5) so that makes me feel better.... I hope at the very least they publish the name of the person responsible should they find out who it is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search