~*~September Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yum, that sounds so good!!!!

Cam napped today! So I got to play with him after work and he was happy!!!! Best way to end the week!!

I think we're going to take Cam for his first haircut tomorrow...wish me luck!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 6th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
aww first hair cut, my Will was born needing a haircut - he got his first cut at like 4 or 5 months old. Finn is still bald though, i bet he will be over a year before he needs one

September 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tired tonight, it's only 9:30 and I'm ready for bed.

I took DS to his first playgroup this morning. I'm kinda a shy person and after my last experience with a playgroup, I was a little worried about going, but it turned out to be a good time. The moms were friendly there were quite a few little boys there and DS played really nicely with the other kids.

The spaghetti sauce turned out really good. We of course had to have some for supper tonight and I ate way too much. Mom and I are hoping as the tomatoes continue to ripen we'll get to make at least one more batch.

September 6th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Its almost 10 and I'm still awake!!!!!

I'm glad you had a good time at playgroup...I bet they can be intimidating at first. And yay for your DS playing with others!

Cam has needed a haircut for a few months, I've just been in denial Bald babies are so cute! Cam had so much hair we could see it on my 32 week u/s...a lot of it fell out and came back blonde. And I had no heartburn with him. I have heartburn almost every day for the past week...I hope this is not a continuing trend!!!

Jess
September 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM
i always have terrible heartburn while pregnant! Thank god i dont any other time

September 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The kids went to their dad's yesterday and I was completely useless today-I woke up at ten thirty, showered at four, did some laundry in between and read and watched tv. Tonight I went shopping. Tomorrow had better be more productive lol

Lucky mother to five!

September 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Nice and relaxing at least!!!

So its pouring here today. So we haven't left the house. So I doubt Cam will get a haircut lol. We still need groceries too. What a blah day!

Jess
September 7th, 2013, 09:42 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Birthday party preparations are underway in this house, Hannah turns ONE today! How does that happen?! We're having her party tomorrow afternoon!
September 7th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Happy Birthday Hannah!!!

September 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Happy birthday Hannah!!!! Hope the party goes well!!!!

Woohoo! Going to Kings Buffet for dinner...just what a preggo needs I am far too excited for this. We totally forgot to take something out to defrost for dinner and just realized it...oh darn

Forrest Gump is on TV. It is always on TV and I always watch it

Jess
September 7th, 2013, 02:29 PM
I just got back from seeing my friend and cuddling her 3 week old baby. He is so cute! I'm not sure if it helped or hindered my baby fever but I completely enjoyed it. We got all our kids together and went to a big street sale. There wasn't much, my friend and her mom got the best deals, I got a few little toys and a giant bucket of k'nex for the kids complete with motors and remote controls. If it all works I got a great deal, if not, well then I wasted my money but the kids will have fun with the rest of it.

September 7th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Birthday Hannah!!

Lucky mother to five!

September 8th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yay for deals! I hope it works!

Went to my friend's baby shower today She was on bedrest for 5 months and had her baby in July and we just got together to give her her gift today. It was awesome to see a little bitty baby! And my other friend who had her baby in July was there (9 days difference between them lol), and one who had a baby in May, and then 2 others that don't have kids and one other with 'older' kids (3 and 7). We threw her a separate shower, so we just took her out to a restaurant for brunch and gave her a playmat and a teether and some 6 month clothes. OMG, so many times I totally almost blurted out I'm pregnant. I also peed like 6 times in 3 hours. At the end, we started taking bets on who's next, and the popular vote was me (not one of the ones without kids!) so I almost told. But then since MIL STILL doesn't know I felt bad and couldn't.

Meeting with a midwife this week! And another next week. Then once I make my decision my u/s can finally be scheduled!!! Then I'll feel better.

Jess
September 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
They messed with the timing of my BB tonight! I'm not impressed.

So, DS has decided that sleeping is for the birds, he likes waking up in the night and going downstairs to play. The problem is he can undo our locks and open doors! So I've had to find a way to keep him in his room. I bought a tension fit gate and put it across his door last night. He woke up this morning, opened his door saw the gate and yelled "MAMA! You do this to me!!" then he collapsed on his floor in a little pile of tears! It broke my heart.

September 9th, 2013, 05:50 AM
i was sooo peeved about BB, we DVR it and it record at the normal time from 8-9 too bad we got 50 minutes of news first! i hope its on the on demand channel today

it stinks when they are upset, poor guy. Maybe if you put a few of his fave toys from downstairs in his room for him to play with in the AM he wont be so upset about being stuck

September 9th, 2013, 07:48 AM
This morning was a little better, he woke up at 6 and cried at his gate. I went and put him back in bed and he stopped crying at least. I'm not sure he slept but he stayed in his room and was quiet until it was time to get the girls up for school at 7.

I think I'm getting an interview for the merchandising job I applied for! The lady who works with my DH and who is helping me get the job asked my DH last night if I received a call from her boss on Friday. He told her no that we hadn't heard from him yet and she told him that he must be calling me today because she had been told that I was getting and interview. I'm excited and nervous. I've been out of the work world for a long time and I haven't done an interview in forever.

September 9th, 2013, 11:16 AM
good luck Caroline! thats so exciting

September 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Awww, your DS is so smart! I hope he gets used to being barracaded in

Exciting on the interview! You'll have to keep us posted! I can imagine its nerve-wracking considering entering the workforce. My mom was home for about 8 years before returning to work, I'm sure you will do amazing!

I had no issues with BB last night? I watch it on Global...what about you guys?

Cam was up from 2-5 last night. I need these teeth to break through. I can't focus during the day. I went to bed last night at 9:30 and still didn't get enough sleep. I wish workplaces had naptime!

Jess
September 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Well I didn't get the call again today. I guess I'm still in wait and see mode.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with Home Hardware. They are having a whole bathroom sale thing going on right now. I bought a bathroom vanity, a sink, a counter top, a tap and faucet set, a toilet, a cabinet for above the toilet, and all new towel/tp holders. They also had kitchen sinks on sale and I hate the one we currently have so I bought one of those too. I'm loving the sale but hating the damage I just did to my credit card. My DH is ready to shoot me! At least we'll finally be able to finish the bathroom though.

September 10th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Yay for finishing your bathroom! Can I just throw it out there that mine still isn't??? Needs the light fixture installed, and the toilet paper roll holder, and towel rack. And the vanity needs to be caucked (sp?).

I'm looking for a new laptop and there is NOTHING I like in my budget...I keep watching the flyers...hoping they want to sell off excess back to school stock soon!

Hopefully you get the call today Caroline!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search