~*~September Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Holy cow guys! Its September!!!!

Picking up where we left off....

Bree! SUCH cute pictures!!!! Love the giraffe one, too cute!

Caroline...what colour is the wood and what size is the width? I don't have a lot of space to work with but I think I can fit 18 inches in (can't find the darn tape measurer at the moment!). And can the wood be painted if it doesn't work lol? I was thinking of looking for an esspresso coloured trimmed one...I saw one at Walmart the other day for $44 but I think it was a bit too wide. I just want something simple so I can look at my full outfit, not only waist up, or from 15 feet away lol. The vanity we have in there is: 25-in Vanity | RONA, which is the only other thing than the toilet and shower, so I don't have a lot I need to match it to.

I am so slacking on calculating the posting points...I will get to it soon! I'm a few months behind!
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
September 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to find DH's tape measure and measure them. One is an oak trim, I think the other is white but I'd have to go take it out of storage to remember for sure. I don't see why they couldn't be painted.

September 1st, 2013, 03:12 PM
Oh, white would be fine too...that would match the trim, so no big deal. If you can get pics to PM me when you have a moment, that would be awesome

That's exciting you're doing a JM meet up - have you met her before?

Told DH's dad and his girlfriend today...they were happy for us They are pretty low key lol, so it was mentioned and moved on lol. They had a lot of fun with Cam though.

Save
Save
Save
September 2nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jumping in for a new month... it's so hard for me to keep up... 1-2 days away and I feel too far behind to bother posting.. but I'm gonna do it! I am!

September 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Jump in anytime Kalynn, I love hearing about little Arthur.

I'll try to get a picture and measurements of the mirrors tonight Jess, if I don't get carried away with getting the girls ready for school.

September 2nd, 2013, 04:37 PM
No worries, even if its a few days from now is fine.

Jump in Kalynn!!!! We change subjects so often its not needed to read far back

Soooooooo bloated today...I remember this feeling and its not pleasant! Can't wait till I get to the actual looking pregnant stage

Save
Save
Save
September 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How have you been feeling over all Jess? I remember feeling like I was HUGE really early on, but really I wasn't big at all... it was all bloat!

September 2nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
I'm all bloat right now. Pants that were too big, now fit in the waist...but at least I'm below pre-pregnancy compared to with Cam so I don't need to pull out the maternity clothes just yet. I was telling someone I popped the button on my jeans at work on Friday when I was sitting at my desk because it was too uncomfortable...here are two pics: 4 weeks in the morning and then 8w3d tonight...my bloat is worse at night so its exaggerated (sorry for the size!).

sweety_pie likes this.

Save
Save
Save
September 2nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
You are so cute!!

September 2nd, 2013, 07:40 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
youre adorable jess!

September 3rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Happy 1st day of School Caroline!!! I hope the girls have a great first day at their new school!

September 3rd, 2013, 06:09 AM
And with that, my girls are starting their first day at their new school! They were so excited this morning, and a little nervous too, they barely ate any breakfast so I hope they make it to lunch time. The bus came and they found out they ride a mini bus with only 6 seats on it and they met a little girl who lives just around the corner from us who also goes to their FI school, she's in grade 3 so just a year younger than DD1.

Now to sit her and wait for 4:40 to see how their day went. I'm making them their favourite home made mac and cheese for supper so that will take up part of my day.

September 3rd, 2013, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am feeling sad for myself today because my kids are getting so big. I always felt a little sad sending them off to kindergarten and grade 1 and then was just fine, but having my oldest go off to grade 11 is making me cry just typing it. I'll get over it, and I'll really like the routine of it all tomorrow, but for today I think I'm just going to be sad and lonely.........and have a clean house
September 3rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Lol Caroline, I totally imagine you as the mom in the commercial dancing around singing "its the most wonderful time of the year" LOL. I hope they have a great day!!!

Linda, that's crazy!!! Yay for a clean house though!!!

Popping on at work! Computer is mostly in order having a delicious taco salad for lunch and surfing the net while taking a break! The traffic was crazy this morning! I forgot what it was like during rush hour.

Save
Save
Save
September 3rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
LOL! Yes, I am so that mom! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love spending time with them, but since I do nothing else other than look after my kids I do love the down time that the school day gives me.

The house is so quiet with DS napping. I've got the kitchen cleaned up, finished putting up the closets in the girl's rooms, and I'm currently sitting with DS watching JAG uninterrupted.

September 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
quiet LOL whats that! I dont think my house will ever be quiet again

September 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
It didn't last long, DS decided he only needed a 45 minute nap today. He normally naps for a little over 2 hours in the afternoon so it made for a long whiny evening.

DD2 had a good day at school today, she's in a straight grade 1 class and a friend that she made at camp this summer is in her class and since it's FI which starts in grade one all the kids were new so she didn't feel out of place. She likes her teacher but has a really funny way of describing her. She's from Africa and her first language is French, which is awesome for the kids. From a six year old perspective, "she has very brown skin, short hair and she's hard to understand, and she won't let me come to her desk to ask questions I have to sit down before she'll answer me." DD2 seems to like her even if she does have to sit at her desk to ask questions, and the girl at the bus stop told us she's one of the nicest teachers, so I think it will be a good year.

DD1 is in a grade 4/5 split and is the only new grade 4, all the others have been together since grade 1, so she felt pretty centered out when she was called to the front to be introduced. She didn't say much about her teacher other than she's very strict and wouldn't let them speak English at all today. She also came home with a list of homework. According to the note home, homework will be assigned the first day of the week and the kids have until Friday to complete it. It's not a lot but looks like it when its all written out at once. Some of it isn't even homework, but rather a spelling list and a verb learn the tenses of for tests on Friday. The poor girl came home crying because she was so overwhelmed though. She never wants to go back. I'm really hoping tomorrow is a better day for her.

September 3rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Awww, I hope tomorrow is better for her too, that would be overwhelming. Have she been in FI since grade 1? I was in the separate school system so we never had that option. Cam will be going to a separate school as well so won't have that option...unless they offer it now.

Sounds like things will be great for your DD2!

I was busy at work today! Helped the day pass! Unfortunately Cam would not nap at daycare, so he was a BEAR when we got home. It was a complete fight until I put him down at 6pm....SO early. But he was ready. So I got to see him for an hour today Not a fan.

At least I can visit this board at work...not so much the Apr DDC LOL.

Save
Save
Save
September 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah, she started in grade one at her old school. There's an option here to start them in SK, but not many people do so grade one it is.

Your school board runs FI really differently from ours. A friend of mine has her DD in grade 2 in FI there and it's a night and day difference. Personally I like the way our board runs it better. Either that or she's telling me its FI and its really not.

September 3rd, 2013, 07:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls, I haven't been on JM much in months, this seems to be the only board thats still alive...

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search