New-ish here

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
I've been lurking around the Canadian Mommies board for a couple of weeks now. I'm in the July 2013 playroom but it's been pretty dead lately, I think because a lot of the mommies created a FB group (I prefer to keep FB for contacts I know in real life).

Anyway, it seems that everyone on this board is pretty familiar with one another but I don't know anything about any of you, so I thought I'd formally introduce myself and ask everyone to tell me a little bit about themselves.

My name is Jessica, I'm 30 years old and I live in Toronto but am originally from Northern Ontario (way, way North!). On July 17th I gave birth to a beautiful son named Marcos Daniel, and he is our first child. We would like to have a 2nd child but because I had a c-section we will likely wait two years before TTC. When not on mat leave, I work in travel insurance. I'm French-Canadian and DH is from Cuba, so we speak 3 different languages in our household and are hoping that Marcos will grow up learning all three.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know all of you!
September 30th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
welcome!!! im from barrie now, but i grew up in north western ontario. Jump right in, i cant wait to get to know you better

September 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
and

Little boys are awesome!!!! Jump right in!!!! We tend to spend a lot of time in the chat thread...I'll be posting the October one shortly No need to keep up with it and read back through everything each time though

I'm Jess, in Southwestern Ontario. Mommy to a little man born August 2012, and we are expecting again in April 2014...I also had a section with Cam and just barely made it for the rules for the midwives in my area for attempting a vbac (they prefer 18 months, these two will be 20 months apart). So if you have any questions when you get to TTCing again after a section, feel free to ask!

Glad to have you around!!!!

PS I've noticed that tends to be the trend with July...I know Aug 2012 absorbed July members long before our official merge...I think it was similar with 2011 too.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Super Mommy
I had a midwife for this pregnancy and will do it again for the 2nd one. I will likely fit the criteria for VBAC since my c-section was considered elective. Didn't really feel "elective" to me cause the odds were definitely not in my favour. I was 42 weeks pregnant, only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Ironically, I started having contractions 12 minutes apart the night before my induction, then 12hours later they were 10 minutes apart. Had to see an OBGYN who basically told me that he could go ahead with an induction but A) Given my lack of progress, even with an induction he predicted a very long labour which would likely result in c-section; and B) Baby was measuring possibly 9-10lbs and I had a narrow pelvis that could probably only pass a baby of no more than 8-8.5lbs. At that point, I decided I was fed up and wanted to go ahead and just schedule a c-section for that day. The doctor who did the c-section, commented that after seeing the size of my pelvis and the size of the baby, she didn't think he would have passed (he was 8lbs 13oz). Seems like I made the right choice. But yes, definitely want to do a VBAC next time... and hopefully not go up to 42 weeks because it is not fun at all. And fingers crossed for a 6-7lb baby next time.
September 30th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Awww, not fun! Mine was after labour and pushing and being a 10 for a while. Seriously not fun. Search the facebook group VBAC Facts Community when you get to that point, or even now....I'm learning TONS in there.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! I'm Chantelle, mommy to Alyssa (6), Rylan (4), Sophia (2) and Hannah (1). We;re from NB

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search