*~*October Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Ryker is alright, probably not something id use myself though, I like Ryder too

October 5th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I don't love Ryder as much...decisions decisions! Good thing I have till April! But Ryker is definitely near the top of the list.

I hope you got a good night's sleep last night Caroline. I did not...but that's par for the course around here. He'll have a few good nights and then a bad night. Hoping those bad nights phase out.

Since when did Old Navy maternity get expensive???? They had $39.95 tops!!!! I picked up $16 tights, 20% off.

The whole store is 20% off till Oct 10, instore and online, just in case anyone didn't know!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Seriously. My friend was dropping off some Epicure I ordered, and I said specifically in my text that Cam would be napping so shhhh.

She rang the doorbell. literally as I posted my previous post. And then was getting Bama all riled up as I was coming to the front door, and DH was behind me, and she was like "congratulations!" to him at like the top of her voice. We live in a backsplit so of course Cam woke up. Screaming. For like almost half an hour. Awesome. And we're supposed to be meeting friends shortly after 2 to go to a fair. He's finally back asleep, but we'll be late to go to the fair! Or he'll be a bear.

Awesome....he just started screaming again.

It would be one thing if she didn't know, but I specifically told her!

Jess
October 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
We're having friends over this evening and Marcos barely napped this morning and afternoon (not for lack of us trying), so now he is super cranky. *sigh* Well, maybe he will go to bed for the night earlier than usual...

...or not!
October 5th, 2013, 03:04 PM
It never works out that way!

He never really went back down. He was SOOOO tired all afternoon. Most of the height minimums were 36 inches, and Cam is only about 31 and our friend's daughter maybe 33 or 34. So we went to the park instead. We weren't even out of the parking lot before he was asleep. He had a 20 minute cat nap, and woke up for dinner and went right back down.

Oh and at the park, a newsguy came up to us! I guess the bathrooms at the park are sinking because this used to be a landfill. The bathrooms are closed for safety reasons as a result, and he was wondering who used the splash pad and found it annoying that there were no change rooms. We always brought Cam in his swim diaper and either changed him in the truck, or put a plastic bag down, only because its a giant fight to change him on public ones that I like to avoid. So it wasn't an issue for us. So thank goodness they didn't ask us to be on camera, I would have said no lol.

Jess
October 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleep? What's sleep? Who needs sleep anyways? Seriously, my parents took the girls for a sleepover, DH was at work and DS was down. I thought I was going to get a good night sleep. Then at 3am a storm started, like make me jump out of my skin the thunder was so close type of storm. I broke a nail trying to close the windows without turning on lights, then ended up having to go to the basement to set up the dehumidifier and make sure the sump pump was working. I finally thought I was going to get to go back to sleep and DS woke up sick. He was coughing so hard he couldn't catch his breath. Tonight there's a wedding or party of some kind in the community center across the street with really loud music. Most of the time I only hear music across the road if my windows are open, this one I can hear right through the closed windows.

On a side note, WOW! I can't believe Old Navy's Mat clothes are that much! They used to be the cheap place to shop!

October 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Super Mommy
Our guests just left. Marcos was happy and quiet the entire time they were here. At 8pm I gave him his bath, fed him, and rocked him. Even with all the music playing and the loud chatter, he fell asleep right away and I was able to put him down for the night. So proud of my well-behaved baby!
mccaroline likes this.
October 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Can he teach mine some manners?

Hope your DS is getting better Caroline, Cam is still trying to kick his cough, its not pleasant at 4am

Such a productive day!!! Groceries, went and tried to see my sisters at the Colour Me Rad 5K run (couldn't find them), 6 batches of muffins (most I froze), and two salads (quinoa greek salad and edamame, corn and pepper salad) to eat during the week, and now I'm making a mulling spice drink...it reminds me of October

Now I'm finally relaxing. ON a side note...one of my batches of muffins was Cinnamon Toast Crunch from a package...they actually make it!!! They're pretty good too!

Jess
October 7th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mondays suck. I was in the Tim Hortons drive thru before I realized I forgot my purse at home.

Jess
October 7th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Super Mommy
Awwww I hate when i do things like that. I once got all my things at the grocery store once got to the checkout and realized my cash was on my dresser at home. Lol i was so ashamed i drove to the other side of town to go to the other sobeys lol
October 7th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Super Mommy
Off topic, but in light of Thanksgiving I thought I'd tell you Canadian mamas a little story that would make you laugh.

I work for a travel insurance company and often have to call U.S. hospitals. Once, in November, I called a hospital in NYC and asked to speak to the medical records department. The hospital operator proceeded to tell me that the department was closed because it was Thanksgiving. I said "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about that. I'm calling from Canada. Our Thanksgiving was actually last month". The operator paused for a moment and tentatively said: "Oh... So it is already December over there?"

TRUE STORY!!!
mccaroline likes this.
October 7th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Hahahahaha that is awesome! I really wonder sometimes whether people think before opening their mouths.

Ugh, 12 hour work day...awesome. Yay for overtime though! But I got to see Cam for half an hour in the morning and that was it...makes me a bit sad

Jess
October 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM
You're in accounting, right Jess? The long hours are exactly why I quit working when I had kids, I really missed seeing them and working 12-14 hour days really sucked I felt like I was missing out on so much, especially around tax season.

So, the things we do for our kids. You moms with older kids will understand, those with babies, just wait! DD1 is very into her ringette, she has dreamed of playing in the Olympics since she was 6. If she wants to make that dream come true this will be her last year of Regional play and she has to try out for Provincial Competitive in April. Knowing this, I am taking the actual manager's course this year so I can be a certified manager recognized at a Provincial level and I'm now our League Rep for our Region. I figure if she's going to play at the higher levels I might as well jump in with both feet and get involved. This mainly involves going to a lot of long meetings, but it's also getting my daughter's name known in the league. It's working too, last night at our 3 hour long meeting, 3 Provincial coaches knew who I was because of DD1 and one asked if she was trying out for Provincials next year and told me she has a shot. Small proud mommy moment there! It helps that she's been practicing once a week with 2 of the Provincial coaches too.

October 8th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Super Mommy
I used to play ringette in high school. Our team was terrible - I think we lost every single game we played. We were just a bunch of girls from a dinky little town who wanted something fun to do. Most of the girls in my team were used to figure skates and had never worn hockey skates before, so they were falling all over the place. hahaha
October 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
LOL! That's awesome! It's getting more known, this year our city has one of the 5 largest leagues in Ontario. I have to admit that until my DD started playing I knew nothing about it and had only worn figure skates myself. My first time on hockey skates was comical! DD1 however took to it like a duck to water. I can't say she's the best player on the team, but she is one of the top players on the team and was the top scorer last season.

October 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
That's awesome!

I have a similar thing going on right now with my oldest DD and her dance classes, her teacher is recommending switching her from recreational to competitive classes. She only issue is that we would have to drive over an hour each way for those classes! We're considering it for next year though. It really does make you proud when they're recognized for something
October 8th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Super Mommy
We want to sign up DS for dance classes when he gets older. More specifically, Latin dance, so that he can stay in touch with his roots. Plus it's super cute to see little kids dancing salsa and I'm sure a lot of places don't have a whole lot of boys to partner with. In DH's country, all the men can dance and they are not shy about it. When he arrived to Canada, he thought it was so weird when we'd go to a bar and there were all these women dancing and the guys just standing around watching. LOL
October 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I left public accounting because of the unpredictable hours. Now I work in finance at a multinational insurance company and I know what days I'll be late (business days 5-7 of the month) and I can plan for it so its not so bad. Just tiring right now!

Sorry for not being around much! Cam has a cold, I have a cold, work is busy, sleep isn't going so well again. I swear I'll be around again soon!

Hope everyone is keeping well!

Yay for recognized in sports!!!! Both of you!!!!

Jess
October 10th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Guess what time I worked till last night....11:30!!!! And so between midnight and 6am Cam woke up twice. And I was back at work before 8am. Its going to be a great day! *yawn*

Jess
October 10th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Yuck! I remember working hours like that. I used to tease that I kept a sleeping bag under my desk and just lived at work.

We got our game schedule this morning. Last year since we played regional, we stayed in the area, we drove no more than 45 min in any direction for a game. This year, some of our games are 90 min away or more! They're also on weeknights! We're still playing regionals so I don't know what gives. It's good practice for Provincials next year I guess, but I was looking forward to having one more year close to home!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search