*~*October Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Holy crap! Its October!!

Who's ready for the cooler weather???

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Super Mommy
I'm dreading it. DS is only 10 weeks old and we don't have a car. At some point, it's going to be very difficult to bundle him up properly for the cold weather and push his stroller around in the snow. The carrier is no better because I'll be paranoid about slipping on some ice or tripping on a pile of snow. I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time indoors.

Thankfully I'll be spending 1 month in Cuba this winter, probably in January, so I'll get to skip through part of the nasty winter.
September 30th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Ohhh, fun! I've never been to Cuba....that must be a great time of year to go!

I found putting him in a sleeper, wrapping a blanket around him, and then having the carseat cover on and then we wouldn't stay out more than an hour or so. But it was more annoying that people didn't shovel their sidewalks properly.

I'm nervous putting C in the car in the snow while I'll have a huge belly! Especially as this is supposed to be a bad long winter.

Jess
September 30th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Ohhh, fun! I've never been to Cuba....that must be a great time of year to go!
It should be. We are not staying in resorts or anything of that nature so we want to wait until he's at least 6 months old. If we were going just for "fun" I would wait until he's even older, but we are bringing him to meet DH's parents for the first time. DH being an only child, our kids are the only grandkids my in-laws will ever have, so we want to give them the opportunity to spend time with DS while he is still a baby. It's really hard for them right now to only be able to see him through pictures.
October 1st, 2013, 04:43 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i actually am very ready for it! Its been very warm here lately and more like summer than fall, and fall is my fave season too

October 1st, 2013, 05:55 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I seriously hate cold weather, I was not meant to live in this country. So I'll start hibernating now and counting down until spring.

October 1st, 2013, 07:13 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love fall weather, but I don't like once the snow hits! lol

I'm ready to get back on my feet and get out for walks with my new little man!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
I seriously love the warm weather we have forecasted here this week.

I also looooove the colours, can't wait to go take some pictures in the woods!

Jess
October 1st, 2013, 07:53 AM
i have been on hold with walmart,com for like 45mins, this is crazy! one of my items is back ordered i just want to cancel it, this is way more work than it needs to be!

October 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Boo! I've never ordered online from Walmart...there's so many so close to me that I just drive to them lol. I'm funny like that.

I am so ready for a nap...Cam slept ok last night, but I had pasta for lunch....big mistake! lol

Jess
October 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM
i dont usually but they had an ipad case that isnt available in stores (which is super weird btw) so i bought it online and a few other things

October 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Just got off the phone with black and decker, seriously, best customer service experience ever! My food processer broke, they were polite, just asked me a couple of questions about it and that was it, they are sending me a new piece for it. However they did explain that it was on back order so may take 4 weeks to get here, but at least they were nice enough to tell me that ahead of time. I've only ever had one other company so nice to deal with when needing a warranty part.

FYI, the other company is Schlage Locks, just in case you ever are in the market for a new door lock.

October 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM
yay! love hearing about companies with good service like that!!

October 1st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Yay for awesome customer service! Makes me happy when there's so many places out there with crappy customer service.

I got a new kindle (Cameron grabbed my other one too many times, and the port to charge it was starting to go), and I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to transfer all my books to my new one and I got an email right after I registered it with instructions. I thought that was pretty fantastic lol.

Taking suggestions for where to get maternity clothes...I love Thyme, but its really not in my budget right now...the old one in town used to have an awesome sale rack, but they moved to a much nicer place and they don't have the sale rack anymore I lost more than I gained with Cam (I also gained before getting pregnant with him from quitting smoking), so my maternity clothes are all wayyyyyyy too big...as in, unless I gain like 50lbs, I may not even fit into them at all...

Jess
October 1st, 2013, 07:46 PM
What about Old Navy? I know it's not the best quality sometimes but you only need it for 9 months right?

October 1st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
What about Old Navy? I know it's not the best quality sometimes but you only need it for 9 months right?
I bought a lot of my maternity clothes at Old Navy and most of them are still in very good shape (I'm actually still wearing some of the jeans I bought there because I don't fit in my pre-pregnancy pants yet).

I also got some stuff from the second hand store. I hated Goodwill because their maternity clothes were always mixed in with their regular women's clothes, but the Salvation Army store near my house actually had a section specifically for maternity clothes, which made it a lot easier.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
i had some old navy mat shirts and i wore them all 3 pregnancies, they were still in decent shape when i donated them after Finn was born. Do you have a once upon a child? or a value village? they might have some good deals if you dont mind used

October 2nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
I checked Once Upon a Child and they don't have a maternity section here I may hop over to Cambridge since its a bigger store. My mom is keeping an eye out at Value Village for me.

I WISH Old Navy would fit...for some reason, they just don't fit my body type nice, I think its because I have a big booty? Their pants just are NOT comfortable at all. Their shirts are ok though, I'll definitely be heading there if my shirts don't fit when I need them to.

Why does this have to be so hard!!!! And its really only fior 6-7 months at this point

On a side note, all my other maternity clothes were large and extra-large....and now some mediums are too big Seriously makes me feel really good about the last year. Now need to get back into the swing of things as I've barely been even going for walks. Last night I gave Kenny a blast of you know....he will sometimes smoke in the garage and I don't want the stroller in there if he is, so he put it in the back of his truck, and never took it out! So I couldn't take Cam for a walk since he was still at work! Well, I could have but I don't feel like chasing Cam in traffic. But I digress...

Jess
October 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't weighed myself since my last appointment with my midwife (6 weeks post-partum), which was about 10 weeks ago. From what I can recall, I still had about 13lbs left in order to return to my pre-pregnancy weight. I have no idea how much I have left now. I'll have to take out my old jeans out again and see if this time I'm at least able to do up the zipper (I couldn't last time!) I try to take Marcos out for a 30-60min walk every afternoon, depending on the weather.
October 2nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
I got into the habit of weighing myself weekly after Cam was born, and then when starting MFP, daily (but only recording weekly). I barely do weekly now, and even then, its just for the fitness board on JM lol.

Chocolate milk is one of the most delicious substances on earth. It has currently replaced coffee for me (*gasp* ) due my coffee aversion while preggo.

I loved taking Cam for walks in the fall last year....my sister and I used to walk to the Starbucks and the first few times, I went so slowly it took over half an hour. Now it takes maybe 15-20 minutes, or I can jog there in less than 10.

How's jumping back into ringette going Caroline?

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search