Monday Moans and Groans

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Share with us!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, but only because you asked for it.

It's Monday, the one day that DH is home with me. We were going to do some Christmas shopping together and some other running around. Just before I was about to make lunch the hydro goes out, call Ontario Hydro, not expected to be back on until 3. Thanks to all the rain we've had the past 3 days my sump pump has been running constantly, because there's no hydro it immediately fills up and starts filling the basement. DH gets up since he was working all night and starts helping me bail water out of he basement.

Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out something to make for lunch now that doesn't need anything out of the fridge or freezer and doesn't require cooking. Crackers and raisons anyone?

Finally we decide that I'll drive into the city and pick up what we need, DH will stay home and keep bailing water. No sooner did I walk into the first store than my phone beeps, we have hydro. I guess I should have waited and went with DH.

I get home only to find out that DH is taking the kids and going to his sister's to have a Chinese food dinner and I can't go because I have to go to some 2 hour long, boring ringette meeting.

I'm bummed, I spent the whole afternoon by myself and now I don't even get to see my DH or kids for the 2 hours I did have before having to go to this meeting.

October 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Super Mommy
There are Cubans who moved in the apartment above ours last month and they are noisy as hell. DH is Cuban, and even he'll be the first to admit that in his country, they have no concept of respecting their neighbour's right to any sort of peace and quiet. They blast their music as loud as they want, they yell back and forth from the balcony down to the parking lot below, they slam doors instead of just shutting them, etc... A few weeks ago, it was about 5pm on a weekday and there were at least 3 women, if not more, blasting Spanish 80s ballads and singing (actually, it wouldn't have been a problem if they were singing - they were screaming the lyrics like they were in some sort of cheap karaoke bar). Today, I can hear at least 5-6 voices of both men and women talking and shrieking with laughter, stomping their feet on the ground and they laugh, moving chairs around... It's driving me crazy.

ADDED: Oh, and even though they've been home all day long, it seems that the perfect time to be hammering nails is 8:30pm, right when I put Marcos down in his crib.

Last edited by Jessifer; October 7th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search