~*~November Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2013, 11:16 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't complain to my own mom, I get the "you had all these children, you have to take care of them, so suck it up" speech. She's great with helping me out with the kids when I need something, but I'm not allowed to complain or whine to her.

My kids are all now eating, a little late, and watching a movie. That's the extent of my energy for now.

November 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
thats a pretty normal feeling caroline. Id worry if someone told me they never felt like they needed a break from parenting ((hugs)) i hope you get some sleep soon

November 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Oh Bree, thank you for saying that. I have so many "super-mom" friends who make me feel terrible when I simply can't keep up. Especially my SIL who has 4 boys who all play sports, a spotless house and home cooked meals every night. She makes me sick!

November 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM
i dont like when people pretend that being a mom is all rainbows all the time. People often only show their best moments to the world, im sure those super moms have days where they feel overwhelmed too.

Youre a good mom, you have happy kids, thats all that really matters

November 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Awe Bree, when I'm having just a down and off day, your kind words are just like your reached through the computer and hugged me. Thank you.

We made it to bedtime. Everyone managed to get fed, showered and tucked in. Is 8:30 too early for me to go to bed too?

November 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
Oh Bree, thank you for saying that. I have so many "super-mom" friends who make me feel terrible when I simply can't keep up. Especially my SIL who has 4 boys who all play sports, a spotless house and home cooked meals every night. She makes me sick!
I know the feeling. I have a friend constantly writing about stuff like making "pinwheel" cards from found materials for her daughter's birthday, creating sock puppets from scratch, making all-organic gluten-free meals every single night AND posting all these articles talking about how letting my child cry for 5 minutes means I'm not responding to his needs and he's going to end up totally messed up. It seriously makes me want to vomit.
November 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
Awe Bree, when I'm having just a down and off day, your kind words are just like your reached through the computer and hugged me. Thank you.

We made it to bedtime. Everyone managed to get fed, showered and tucked in. Is 8:30 too early for me to go to bed too?
aww <3 i hope tomorrow is better and no 830 is never too early for bed lol

November 16th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Awww, Caroline, I'm glad you made it through the day! Bree, you're awesome!

Oh and Caroline, after an all-night guiding event occurring after a field trip...I'd say you need a break! You're a trooper!

Jessifer, I love that idea, I'll definitely have to try it next time.

We put our Christmas lights up outside today!!!! And tomorrow hopefully getting Cam's picture for our Christmas cards

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 17th, 2013, 05:37 AM
i took our card pictures the other day, when there was snow on the ground, i was thinking about waiting a bit longer but im glad i didnt - all the snow is gone now!

November 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Thanks ladies, I went and had a bath with a good book once I was sure all the kids were asleep then curled up in bed. I'm feeling much better this morning.

I'm taking the 3 kids grocery shopping today which should result in some dirty looks from other shoppers as at least one will have a dirty face, one with whine about wanting everything and one will be wearing two shirts with odd coloured pants and mismatched socks. We're going to buy non-organic, pre-packaged, full of sodium frozen meals in a box, a package of preservative packed lunch meats and very few vegetables and I'm not above bribing all my kids with treats for good behaviour. LOL! Yep, this is my life. At least I'm organized enough to have a list this week and not be aimlessly walking through the store.

We're getting our Christmas pictures taken next Monday night at a studio. I finally have all the kid's outfits put together and I'm looking forward to it.

November 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
LOL, I love your description of your cart! I always start at the fruit and veggies, and end at the cereal, and snacks and such. So my cart always looks bad since all the good stuff is hidden on the bottom LOL. I got to go without Cam this morning, but I actually kind of missed the company!

We never got enough snow to make it worthwhile. If we had, I totally would have to! And I'm not ready to put up our tree, so my mom is coming over and we're decorating around my fireplace and that's it lol.

Jess
November 17th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Glad I could give you a giggle! I start with the fruits and veggies too. Not that I get many, peppers, celery, tomatoes and cucumbers are the extent of what I generally buy.

It was quite the trip, DS screamed through part of it and slept through the rest. We managed to destroy a display of Special K cereal, DD2 took off and got lost in the crowd, then insisted on riding on the side of the cart and kept leaning her head back to whack it on things as we passed, DD1 who didn't want to come just dragged her feet and got in my way. It was so much fun! It reminded me why I grocery shop while the girls are at school.

I hope our Ontario ladies are tied down tight tonight! The wind is nuts out there!

November 18th, 2013, 06:12 AM
the wind was so strong over night, i was up with the baby and i could hear it, it was so loud!

November 18th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Lol, Caroline, too funny! Your veggies are similar to mine too, hence why they get hidden by everything else sometimes.

The wind was CRAZY! I seriously was wandering my house at 1am sure that a window was open it was so loud! At least we didn't lose power this time though, there's lots of areas around here without power.

So pictures yesterday didn't go great. Either the antlers we put on Bama's head were blocking Cam's face, or he had weird expressions on his face or his mouth full of cookie. So round 2 today after dinner. Hopefully :/

Jess
November 18th, 2013, 02:28 PM
i couldnt imagine trying to get more than one person/thing to co operate, i take a pic of each of my kids because i know there is NO WAY im gonna get a good one of all 3 LOL I hope your photo shoot goes better tonight

November 18th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Oh man! You're trying to get a dog and a baby in the same picture at the same time? You are a brave woman!

The wind is crazy, it's still windy today! Last night I could feel the whole house shaking while I was trying to sleep, not a fun feeling!

November 18th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Cam didn't nap well. Going to ahve to wait till next weekend. Gah! Cutting it close! I wanted to send them out this weekend.

DH felt the baby from the outside today, I totally would not have thought it possible if I didn't feel the laundry basket I was holding be pushed out. I instantly grabbed DH's hand and he felt it!!!!! SOOOOO cool!

Jess
November 18th, 2013, 08:06 PM
That's so exciting Jess!! That's the only part of being pregnant that I miss. I loved feeling my babies.

I found a Highland outfit for DD2, I'm going to see it tomorrow morning. I need a job!

November 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM
i feel like a zombie, Finn slept terribly last night, like worse than newborn sleep

yay for feeling baby move thats got to be my fave part!

November 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM
That's exciting Caroline, those outfits are so beautiful! And expensive I'm guessing you found a used one again?

Cam had a night like that a few nights ago from his cold Bree. Hope it was just a one off for you!

Cam only woke up twice last night. I was rejoicing! lol.

This little one does not like being cramped at all...if I even start to hunch forward while sitting, I get kicked/punched. Should be good for my posture On the brightside, he/she has definitely changed position, I'm thinking transvers, so when I go to McMaster, hopefully its easy to get the shots they need and they show no issues...assuming he/she doesn't pop back down there again that day.

It was snowing this morning. Like not even half a cm stays on the ground and everyone forgets how to drive.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search