~*~November Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we got a bit of snow here too, lame, i m over winter already

November 19th, 2013, 10:08 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, it's a used one Jess! I can't afford a new one. I can barely afford a used one, my mom actually bought this one for us. It's such a cute little outfit.

Last night I sent a link to the ad to my DD's dance teacher and get this, she offered to come with us to check it out! Seriously, this teacher is awesome, I don't know many who would do this for one of their students. So my mom and I picked up the teacher and we all went to look at the outfit. The kilt and hose are in amazing condition, the vest has a couple of marks that just look like they are from storage that our teacher thinks will all come out with dry cleaning. She's also a little concerned that the vest may be too short, but said she has a vest in a similar colour at the studio and we could swap vests if need be to make sure DD has a well fitting outfit. The kilt has "growth pleats" (I don't even know what those are) and a wide hem so it can be let out and according to our teacher it should fit DD for a few years. I'm so excited, she has her first dance outfit!! I'll post pictures after I get her to try it on tonight.

November 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Super Mommy
So after dealing with some breastfeeding issues last week and then having him wanting to feed almost every single hour in the afternoon (despite being 4 months now), I finally talked to my doctor about starting him on solids and he agreed that he was probably ready for it. I started giving him a tablespoon of rice cereal in 8oz of breastmilk before going to bed and he's been doing great, no tummy aches nor constipation. I also have not had any more problems with him crying for a bottle throughout the morning or afternoon, likely because now he's not hungry 24/7. Tomorrow, I am going to try to spoon feed him his first solids, maybe some sweet potatoes or bananas, not sure yet. We'll see how that goes.
November 19th, 2013, 03:51 PM
aww i cant wait to see her in her new outfit! i bet its just darling on her

I hope he does well with his first foods jessifer, babies first real food meal is my hubbys fave thing ever, hes always so excited to feed them

November 19th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Can't wait to see Carolyn!

Hope the food is fun! Cam spent a lot of squishing avocado and banana in his hands before anything made it to his mouth

Less than 24 hours and I will be seeing a pre-screening of Hunger Games Catching Fire I'm super excited!!! I'm taking a half day at work and doing some Christmas shopping, and then having an early sushi dinner with my sister and a few friends before the movie...tomorrow is going to be a fantastic day!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I'll make a new thread to post her pictures, she's so cute! I'm a little biased, but still.

My bad news tonight is that there was a house fire in our neighbourhood tonight, the house belonged to the parents of a family who I have been life long friends with. These are multi generational friends of ours, as in my mom is friends with the kids her age, I'm friends with the next generation down and my kids are friends with the youngest generation of the family. It was the home of the family who would be my grandparent's age. The Dad got out but the Mom didn't make it. The news took horrible pictures of our friends, mainly of the lady my mom's age. My mom was there because her friend, the one who the media is posting everywhere, called her screaming and crying since she couldn't reach her brother or sister. Mom said it was horrible, they couldn't get into the house, the fire spread too fast, the floors quickly became too unstable for fire fighters and they didn't even have a chance to rescue the mom. It just seems so surreal, I feel so bad for them. I can't even imagine watching my family home burn down knowing my mom was inside and there was nothing I could do about it.

November 20th, 2013, 05:30 AM
oh my gosh caroline that is just so awful im so sorry I will keep their family in my thoughts

November 20th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear that. Our family went through the same thing a couple of years ago when an elderly aunt died in a fire that broke out in her nursing home. It was horrible because when it happened, it was in the middle of the day and there was only ONE staff there to help about 30 seniors get out of the building. It never should have happened.
November 20th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I guess I didn't describe my relationship with the family very well last night, I was in shock and my thoughts were all running together. Its my best friend, we've been friends since we were infants, my mom has been friends with her mom since they were in kindergarten and my friends kids and my kids are all friends, it was my friend's grandparent's house, she lost her grandma.

It's horrible, it's all over the news, it's all over FB, it's on the radio, there's no escaping it. There are pictures of my parents and mom's friend all over the place. Police are treating it as a crime scene. The grandfather has ended up in the hospital. It's just an awful situation all around.

November 20th, 2013, 07:04 AM
i cant imagine

I truly hate seeing pictures of family members grieving right after something like that happens on the news, fb ect. I get that its news worthy but i wish reporters wouldnt take pictures of people when they are hurting like that it just seems like a violation to me

Do they know what caused the fire?

November 20th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Oh my goodness Caroline. That is AWFUL. And right before Christmas too, its the worst time of year.

Why are they treating it as suspicious? That just makes things that much worse.

I hope you're doing ok! I'm sure you are being a great support to your friend. I'll be keeping them in my thoughts.

About 5 years ago, right before Christmas, my dad swore he could smell burning. So he called the non-emergency line and requested someone come out and look. Turns out there was a slow burning fire in the chimney. The gas fireplace was about 20 years old and there was a wire that was deteriorating. Because of the amount of insulation in the walls, it hadn't yet caught fire but would have likely before morning. The chimney runs right behind where my parents bed was and that was probably why he could smell it. We had a lucky close call. Fires scare me so much.

Jess
November 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
They are investigating the fire as of right now. The family is pretty sure they know what happened, but the police are investigating anyways. They were able to get the body out today but because of the investigation the funeral won't be before Monday.

The grandfather is in complete denial, he wanted his daughter to take him shopping for a washer, dryer, fridge and stove so he could move back home today.

My head hurts.

November 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM
And my day gets worse. A different friend of my mom's, who I've known my whole life passed away today. She's been battling cancer since the summer, so we knew it was coming but it's not making it any easier right now. My poor mom is a mess.

November 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry Caroline Everything always seems to happen at once. I hope you're doing ok.

Hunger Games Catching Fire was AMAZING. If you read and enjoyed the book, you will likely enjoy the movie as it stayed true to the book. I highly recommend it!

Jess
November 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Thank goodness its Thursday. I spent like 3 hours doing a task at work on Tuesday and apparently it didn't save. SO frustrating!

Jess
November 21st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Oh no! I always hated when that happened at work Jess.

I can't believe it's Thursday already. I have to pack! I've been so preoccupied with everything else going on that I have nothing ready to go for tomorrow. It's not like I have time tonight until late either, both girls have their activities tonight.

November 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Hope you don't miss out on sleep to pack!

How is the time they get home from school working out? I remember you were concerned about that at the beginning of September.

I can't wait to go to sleep tonight, but off to have coffee with a friend first!

Jess
November 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Super Mommy
So we gave Marcos some bananas yesterday and again today and he seems to be handling it pretty well. The first day, he kept trying to suck on the spoon but today he was actually opening his mouth and leaning in to take some bites. He did get a pretty bad diaper rash last night, which is rare for him, but I think it might have been a coincidence rather than a reaction to the food because it cleared right up and he was fine today... well, except he's been pooping a LOT, but I guess that's his bowels adapting to the changes. At least he's not constipated!

Someone gave me a Baby Bullet for my baby shower and I've been playing around with it a bit. They show you how to mill and cook your own brown rice powder and turn it into a puree. I think I will try to do that and ditch the boxed stuff I've been using. I'm actually kind of excited about making homemade meals for him.
November 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM
Home from all activities. DD1 was mentioned in the local paper today with her hat trick from last week! Our dance teacher was impressed with the alterations we did on DD2's outfit and showed us how to make the kilt fit properly. And I'm almost finished packing.

As far as pick up goes, ever Thursday night we drive to the school and pick up the kids. It's a bit of a pain but it's the only way to get them each to their activities on time.

I'm glad Marcos is doing well on solids!

November 22nd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
I think I might have spoken a bit too fast! Marcos woke up like 3 times last night, which is unusual because for the past month he's been waking up only once a night (and sometimes not at all). He's been crying all morning because he's gassy. I think giving him bananas 2x yesterday (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) was too much. I'll see how he does later on but maybe I will just give him some rice cereal today to give his tummy a little break.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search