~*~November Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe, poor little buddy. Bananas can really bind up a little tummy.

I'm supposed to leave early this afternoon for my Guiding trip. The trunk on the van breaks, the water heater springs a leak and we catch my cat peeing on a pile of laundry I had sitting by the basement door to go down to the washer. DH is in a mood and DD2 went crying to school because she doesn't want me to leave. Seriously this is why I never go anywhere or do anything for myself.

November 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
sorry you had such a wrotten morning!!! i hope your day gets better

November 22nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
It will get better! It has to. I'm heading to Toronto for the weekend where my meals will be cooked and served to me, activities planned, a work out room and heated pool, and my room cleaned and bed made. Ahh, 3 days, I almost wish it was a week.
Jessimaaka likes this.

November 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
sounds heavenly! I hope you have a fantastic time!!

November 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Awww. Cam never really took to bananas. My sister picked him up for me earlier this week because I was stuck at work and she texted me asking if he could have a banana and I said she can try as long as she was willing to eat it since he probably wouldn't. Of course he ate like the whole thing! And then I tried banana yesterday and he was having none of it lol.

Caroline that sounds heavenly! I hope you have a wonderful time! And yay for DD1 being in the paper! That's crazy! And that the outfit is going well for DD2.

Its Friday! Not a whole lot planned, just cleaning and organizing and such.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Super Mommy
Kids are funny that way, cause they won't eat something at home, but bring them to someone else's house and they'll do it.

When my sister was little, whenever we'd go to someone's house my sister would always ask them for something to eat, even it we had just eaten prior to going. People thought it was cute cause she would always ask so sheepishly and she had a little lisp on top of that, but my mom was totally mortified cause she thought it looked like she didn't feed her kids properly! Whenever we'd go somewhere, my sister would always get a warning "Now listen here, you already had your snack 2 minutes ago so I don't want to hear nothing about wanting something to eat over there!"
November 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
my kids do that too, eat something no problem for one person and then look at me like ive got 3 heads when i try to feed them the same thing!

When i was a kid, i HAD to have a snack anytime i went to visit someone too, it didnt matter if we just ate either, other people always had yummier tasting food

November 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Lol, he always makes me look like a liar already lol.

We got AMAZING pictures for our Christmas card. The one that we are using is:

Jess
November 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
OMG thats an awesome picture!!!

November 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
thanks, it was a total fluke!

Jess
November 24th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Super Mommy
That's a great pic!

We took a family picture with Santa yesterday. I regretted after the fact not having gotten a picture of just Marcos alone with Santa, because having all 4 of us on the wallet-size pics looks really tiny.

Oh well! We'll know for next year.
November 24th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah, we did us and our dog with Cam last year. So I don't have one of him just with Santa. We plan to do Cam and the dog again this year, but not us lol. But I just found out that another mall does FREE pictures. They don't print them there, but you get them emailed to you and you can print the file anywhere (eg 29 cents at Shoppers!) but they don't have a pet night. So now not sure what to do since the other place is like $16 or something outrageous.

FLIPPING COLD TODAY! Who got lots of snow this weekend?!?!?! We barely got a dusting after the wind lol.

Jess
November 24th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Such good picture! We get ours done tomorrow night.

I couldn't get on JM on my ipod, so here's a quick recap of my weekend:
We arrived Friday night, had an opening and went to our first session. Mine was Outdoors, Toadstools and Pixie Dust, we learned some games to play outside, made crafts and went on a virtual hike. Then we had what was on the schedule as "hospitality" which I found out was food and lots of it. An impromptu campfire broke out in one of the meeting rooms that went on until the small hours of the morning.

Saturday morning we woke up to lots more food, bacon and sausage and eggs and pastries and oatmeal and the list goes on. After that a speaker from Disney took over our morning until lunch time which sounds long but it didn't seem that way, she had a great presentation and we stopped half way through for morning snack. Then was lunch, tons more food and we were off to our afternoon sessions. I had crafts followed by STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) That was followed by supper and even more food than ever before. We had one final session in the evening which for me was Arts, Drama and Songs. That was followed by another "Hospitality" session which consisted of an ice cream sundae bar and chocolate fountains (yes, plural!) and after that we had a large organized campfire. Picture 200+ women all singing together. It was amazing!

Finally this morning we had breakfast again, and a final presentation by Disney. As we were leaving they gave us large take out boxes and a bag so we could pack our own lunches from a huge range of salads, sandwiches, desserts, etc that we could eat on the bus.

It was an amazing weekend, my room mate didn't show up so I had a whole room to myself, and when I say lots of food, picture 6-8 large buffet tables full of food that just keeps getting refilled. All our materials for the weekend were preloaded on a USB drive that's built into a bracelet for us to take home and use, and we got to bring home all our crafts and such to use as examples in our units.

November 24th, 2013, 04:52 PM
In Toronto, we got no snow at all, well just a dusting on the trees. However it was a completely different story when I got home, as in 2-3 feet of the stuff, more in drifts. It's nuts!

November 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM
glad you had a great time! sounds like it was lots of fun

November 25th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Super Mommy
So last night was pretty fun. I have a friend from university who does drag as a side job, doing shows at bars and bachelorette parties and stuff. He's not a transvestite in the sense that he does not identify himself as a woman or anything like that, it's just something he does for fun. So last night there was an annual drag queen pageant at a local bar and my friends and I from university decided to go there and cheer him on. Neither of us had even seen him dressed as a woman, so we were curious to see what he looked like (he's already 6"2 so with 6 inch heels, he's gigantic!!!). We had no idea these shows were so elaborate - they had these crazy costumes and props, backup dancers, etc... We had a great time!
November 25th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Wow Caroline! That sounds like an amazing weekend!!!! And to not have to share a room must have been like the cherry on top! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I saw pictures from a friend down your way...they just got back from the Dominican. You guys got buried!!!! And another friend up towards Kincardine was coming back from a cruise and she dealt with blizzard-like conditions coming home from the airport.

Jessifer, sounds like an interesting night!

Today was super busy at work, I didn't get to pop in here at all...especially as my boss and I went Christmas shopping at lunch lol. And now I'm curled up and not moving because its super cold and windy out still!

Getting super nervous about Friday, hoping its just a precaution. But apparently i have to call 24 hours in advance to confirm my appointment, but DH took the call and didn't write down the number I have to call So I need to track that down tomorrow.

Jess
November 25th, 2013, 06:07 PM
And we're getting more tonight! Make it stop! Someone, please!!

We took the kids to get their Christmas pictures done tonight. Seriously I thought it was going to be a disaster, just getting the kids out the door with their dress clothes on was a job in a half. Once we got there however the kids did great. We got 6 good poses and DS did a great job right to the end when he stood up looked right at us and said, "All done pictures, all done cheese, all done, all done, all done!" and walked towards the door. Even the photographer started laughing and said, "All right, I guess we're done now."

November 26th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Hahahaha, so cute!!! At least he knows what he wants lol.

Longest length of sleep last night was about an hour and a half. I hate molars coming in! I've heard eye teeth are worse!

At least the wind has let up here today. And the snow storm that's coming through Ontario is missing us completely!

Jess
November 26th, 2013, 07:03 AM
im over winter already! i have a terrible sinus thing going on right now, i feel fine other than the awful sinus pain, it sucks!

Super cute about ds at the picture place, thats something i could see mine trying to pull!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search