~*~November Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sinus pain is the worst! I had a sinus headache on the weekend, I'm not a fan! I hope it passes quickly!

Taking recommendations on boots. We got Cam some from Joe Fresh and they are still so hard to get on and off. He dreads it when I grab the boots now he hates them so much

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 26th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
stonz!!! best boots for toddlers/babies ever. We have 2 pair, Ross wore them up until last winter, but they dont fit this year, so Will and Finn wear them now, we have the larges (which is like 1-2 years i think)

sorry, the larges are 1-2.5 years old

November 26th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Aren't they super expensive? Where can I find them? I was just on Amazon and couldn't find any.

Jess
November 27th, 2013, 05:38 AM
they are kinda pricey, but they are worth it IMO, i got mine from once upon a child, but snuggle bugz sells them too i think

Stonz Wear Inc - Shop by Brand - Canada's Baby Store

the boots are at the bottom and on the 2nd page

we have the boots and liners, so i guess thats like 65 dollars which is pretty pricey for kids boots, but i really love them, they seem really well made and will last through lots of winters/kids - thats how i justified it anyways, Cam will wear them this year and maybe next year too, then baby #2 (and any future kids you have) can wear them too

Last edited by Irish_Wristwatch; November 27th, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
November 27th, 2013, 05:50 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never bought expensive boots for any of my kids, I bought the cheap ones at Walmart, the one with zippers on both sides so that I could open them right down to the foot and just slip the foot in.

November 27th, 2013, 07:10 AM
ive never in my life seen those! neat idea Ross has cheap walmart boots now that he can get his feet in properly

November 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cam has fat chunky feet, I think that's why the Joe Fresh ones don't work well. They are velcro but they open up pretty far. And he HATES them. I'm not sure if zippers will even make a difference...they all seem to be the same that I can find. I will keep looking!

I doubt I'll find them at a Once Upon A Child around here...all the good stuff gets scooped the moment the store person walks away from putting it on the shelf, and they tend to do that when I'm not there lol.

Jess
November 28th, 2013, 05:20 AM
our once upon a child sells them new, so they always have lots here since they are retail prices. The good used stuff always gets snatched up right away here too

November 28th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Oh yeah, no new stuff like that at the one in Kitchener...I found a store that sells them not far from me...I may go check them out this weekend.

Tomorrow is my appointment at McMaster so wish me luck!!!

Jess
November 28th, 2013, 05:35 PM
It's going to go great Jess. They're going to take one look at you and wonder why you were sent there.

I'm so ticked off tonight its not even funny. I'm trying to keep my cool, but I hate being lied to and I just want to go scream at this lady I don't even know. I told you all about the really cool gift card fundraiser at my DD's dance school, well it's the most unorganized poorly run fundraiser I've ever had the displeasure of participating in and after this month I'll never order again.

November 29th, 2013, 04:34 AM
good luck at your appointment, im sure it will go well, I will be anxiously waiting for your update

November 29th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Oh no Caroline! I'm sorry its not going well I bet it would go great if you ran it

So, my appointment went well. The cysts are gone, and no abnormalities. But one of the numbers on the blood test was borderline on the low range and so they want to make sure there will be no growth issues (since the one number can indicate a placenta issue), I have to go back in 6 weeks just so they can check on the growth pattern (considering my EDD based on LMP was April 11, and then based on the 11 week ultrasound was moved to April 5, and then based on the one 2 weeks ago was April 2...). But they were really good, I got into the ultrasound 10 minutes early, and into the meeting with the genetic counselor about 10 minutes early as well. The genetic counselor was actually really nice, so it was a good chat, nothing scary (I spoke to a friend of mine, her daughter has a chromosome abnormality and they actually suggested to her she may want to consider terminating future pregnancies...she went on to have a perfectly normal little boy after her daughter).

The only thing that drives me nuts was that baby was not cooperating again so I had to go pee and walk around to get him/her to flip, and then the tech still had to go ask for help...exactly like at the first one...and the person that came to help was the SAME person from home...she works at both places and remembered me from the first one, and was the one that made the recommendation that I be referred. Kinda frustrating. But she was looking and she was like "this looks so much better than 2 weeks ago". So all that risk is gone. Best case scenario! Just have to go back Jan 17 for this other one. I wish I could just go to the regular one, but my appointment is at 7:30am, meeting to discuss the results at 8:30, so be out of there heading home by 9. I am super busy at work around that time so I'll just have to head into work most likely. DH will take the day off again and have a daddy/son day with Cam. Fun times all around!

Jess
November 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Super Mommy
YAY! Hope that all this good news keeps on coming!
November 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
I'm so happy you got good results today!!! I hope the news in January is just as good!

Rant warning:
My DH is annoying the crap out of me tonight. I seriously just want to smack him. Sometimes he really needs to stop and think before he opens his mouth. I've spent most of tonight arguing with him and his arguments are so unrealistic they don't even make sense. DD1 doesn't want to do a project. I'm trying to help her get started, so she's talking out ideas and I'm writing down jot notes for her to help her organize her thoughts. So we get that done and DD1 is done, she doesn't want to write out the project tonight. I get it, she's been at school all day, she's tired and she has a good start so I'm ok with her quitting for the night. DH starts in on how she's going to fail and we'll have to transfer her to a different school at Christmas and she'll have to start over in grade 3, etc, etc, etc. Now I get the don't under mind your spouse in front of your kids thing, but this wasn't flying with me. The kid is tired, she wants a break, just because she doesn't want to finish tonight doesn't mean she'll fail, and why on earth would we have to transfer her to a different school and umm, she already passed grade 3 with good grades, no way would she be starting that over again. He seriously argued with me for over 2 bloody hours because I stood up for our daughter against his nonsense.
/rant

November 30th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, I don't blame you. You don't want to destroy her confidence when it comes to her schooling. Plus, I think all kids need to feel that even if they fail or don't do well (a project, test, or something like that), that it's not the end of the world - there are other opportunities to do better.

I skipped ahead a year when I was young and I was always 1st in my class. When I got to university and I actually flunked a course for the first time, I was crushed because I had never ever dealt with "failing" before, and it was very hard for me to accept it and move on. In retrospect, it was a lesson I needed to learn, even though I learned it rather late.
November 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
The kid's confidence is already crushed. She's not doing well this year at her new school at all. She is just barely passing any of her tests and is really struggling with the work. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to help her where I can, like writing things out while she talks, and making sure she's not constantly doing work. She struggles with it so much she could quite literally start her homework when she gets home from school and still be working on it at bedtime.

November 30th, 2013, 07:25 PM
That's not very nice of your hubby Caroline. I hope he was in a better mood today, did he get up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday?!?!

Hope your DD is doing better, you catch more bees with honey than vinegar, keep doing what you're doing

Our tree is up! Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

So I need creative ideas. We were going to do Cam's handprint on ball ornaments for the tree ornaments to give to grandparents etc. But its not going well. He's not floppy enough like a baby and not coordinated enough like a big boy. We need to rethink this. Taking suggestions appropriate for a 15 month old to "make" with my help! I'm debating using fingerprints to make a snowman instead of his whole hand. Would that look silly?

Jess
November 30th, 2013, 07:47 PM
DH was in a much better mood today. He must have just had a bad day at work yesterday, I don't know but he was miserable!

DD got some of her project done today. I'm finding that getting her to do 20-30 minutes at a time with a promise of doing something she really wants to do after she works on it, it goes much better.

Jess what about getting his hand prints on a canvas? It's a bigger surface to work with. I did that with the kids when they were younger, the hand prints were a Christmas tree, 3 across the bottom, 2 in the middle 1 on top, and then used their finger prints as the decorations on the tree. Like this one, it's just one I found, not mine, http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...bcdb60acad.jpg

November 30th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Oh and my excitement for the night. I got a new camera! My Daddy used his Shoppers points for me today and got me one. I love my old camera and it's not even a year old, but I lost the charger for it when we moved, I haven't had a camera since March when we started packing, I thought I just accidently packed it, but we're pretty much all unpacked now and I still can't find it. I can buy a new charger at Best Buy, but it's almost as expensive as a new camera. Anyways, with the bonus points thing that Shoppers has on this weekend I almost had enough points, but not quiet. So I offered to transfer my points to my Dad and then use some of his to get a new one, well he had enough without my points and offered to just get the camera for me! Anyways I'm very excited and can't wait to use it at my daughter's game tomorrow.

December 1st, 2013, 06:07 AM
you could use his thumb print to make christmas lights, then you can fill in the details, like the string ect or do thumb prints alternating red and white into a candy cane

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search