*~*December Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 07:16 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're doing nothing. There's a big party across the street that will likely keep us up, but we're staying home with the kids and will likely be in bed before 11.

December 31st, 2013, 07:36 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i hate when people have big house parties! im such a party pooper since ive had kids, i have such a low tolerance for people like that

December 31st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
All my friends with kids under about 4 are staying home. So I don't feel left out lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 31st, 2013, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
After last week's ordeal and all the changes Marcos will be going through next week, we just want to relax, drink some wine, and watch a few movies.
December 31st, 2013, 12:03 PM
We live across the road from a community center, so it won't be a house party but a big community party. If we didn't have kids we'd go over too. We're just going to watch movies, the girls are going to play with their new wii games and we're going to munch on finger foods.

December 31st, 2013, 04:44 PM
Well, happy (early) new year!!!!!

I hope 2014 is an even better year for everyone

Jess
December 31st, 2013, 08:22 PM
Not making it until midnight, although DD1 is determined that she's staying up to see the ball drop, so Happy New Year's everyone!

January 1st, 2014, 05:35 AM
happy new year! I only made it to 10pm LOL

January 1st, 2014, 04:42 PM
I was in bed at 11pm. But then Cameron was up from 12:30-3:30...NOT COOL! Not the way I wanted to start the new year at all. So I'm headed to bed soon lol since I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Had a good first day of the year though, breakfast with some friends, and then dinner at my parents. I can't wait to go to bed though lol.

Jess
January 1st, 2014, 05:43 PM
DS has 2 brand new habits for the new year and I'm not impressed.

First - His newest say "No, No, No, Anew do it all by himself!" Yeah, that's a fun one especially for things that he can't actually do on his own.

Second - His newest game "Put me back to bed" we've been playing it over and over and over for the past few nights. I put him to bed, he waits a few minutes and comes sneaking downstairs, I put back to bed, and repeat.

January 2nd, 2014, 05:02 AM
sounds frustrating caroline!!!

I hope cam slept better last night Jess!

January 2nd, 2014, 07:07 AM
I can't wait for this phase to be over. I don't remember the girls going through the independent stage and the I'm not going to bed stage at the same time.

I need to sleep, I can't even blame my kids because once I get them to bed they are great sleepers. I on the other hand am up tossing and turning until sometime between midnight and 1am every night then wake up 2 or 3 times a night for a hour or more at a time just to be up for the day by 7am. I'm actually thinking about calling my doctor, but it seems silly to make an appointment just to say I can't sleep.

January 2nd, 2014, 07:35 AM
that sounds terrible! my kids are still to blame for my bad sleep (well actually just the baby, the other 2 sleep all night)

have you ever tried taking anything to help you sleep?

January 2nd, 2014, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
I can't complain because for the last few days, Marcos has been such a little angel! He's taking his naps without too much fussing and he's only waking once a night for a feeding.

At my sister's house during Christmas week, it was a complete nightmare cause his naps were only 30-60min tops and at night he would sometimes wake every two hours. Part of it was that he was having trouble adapting to a new house, sleeping in the pack 'n play, and dealing with a noisy house (we were a lot of people there). The other part, I blame my mother and grandmother for coddling him too much over the Holidays. Every little whimper and snivel, they would go running over to pick him up. Sometimes I'd put my foot down but other times I wouldn't even notice what they were doing. Marcos would be in bed, I'd be playing cards with my family, and next thing I knew my mom or grandmother was carrying him downstairs in her arms to join us!!! After only day 1, Marcos pretty much had this all figured out. These are the same two people who were pestering me for MONTHS about how I should let him "cry it out"! In the span of a week, they pretty much undid all of his' sleep training. I was super pissed.

I'm a bit concerned about Cuba because I don't want the same thing happening over there. He'll be in a new environment, different climate, sleeping in his pack 'n play, so everything will be unfamiliar. Plus, I don't know how my MIL is going to be with him. Oh well, I guess I don't have much of a choice.
January 2nd, 2014, 09:17 AM
There's not much over the counter I can take because of the rx I'm on for my migraines.

Ugg, I hate when family does that. It really messes with the nice schedule you get going. Hopefully you'll enjoy Cuba and his sleep won't be too messed up.

January 2nd, 2014, 09:24 AM
So excited that Cam still only knows "yeah" and not "no", everything is "yeah" lol.

Hope your trip goes well!!!! I'm sure he'll adjust after a few days!

Hope your migrane goes away Any word from any of your interviews yet?

Jess
January 2nd, 2014, 01:20 PM
I don't have a migraine currently, but I get them frequently enough that I take a daily rx to prevent them, then I have an "emergency" rx that I take when I do get one. It's the daily preventative rx that makes it so I can't take many over the counter things.

No work back from either place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search