*~*December Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
gosh, thats ridiculous! i dont think id participate in the future

December 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oh my Caroline!!! That's awful I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I'd be stepping back from in the future too.

We got our Christmas cards! I wasn't around last night because I was addressing them and such. OMG. So stinking cute!!!!

For those interested, Winners carries Aden and Anais stuff....they have dream blankets on for $29 I keep missing out because they are selling so fast!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 5th, 2013, 10:32 AM
great deal!

December 5th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I really won't pay full price for one, and everyone seems to swear by them.

There's a bake sale at work today. Its donation based. I am over indulging but its oh so good! And I am bringing a sugar cookie home for Cam.

Yay for it being Thurs. I just want the weekend to be here!

Jess
December 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I'm definitely not participating in this fundraiser again. I've had enough.

December 5th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry it hasn't been a good experience At least you know for next time.

Met with my friend for coffee...haven't seen her in a while so it was nice

Jess
December 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just dropping in...barely any time to sit down and post lately!! lol Hope you are all doing well!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

December 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
hey there! your little guy is so cute, love the pic in your siggy <3

December 6th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Pity Party for the night:
I am never going to be ready for Christmas. Everything just seems to be going wrong. I just want to sit and cry. I'm trying to be strong for the kids but I don't know how much longer that's going to last. I just want to catch a break, even a little one.

December 7th, 2013, 05:43 AM
((hugs))

December 7th, 2013, 07:01 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Wristwatch View Post
hey there! your little guy is so cute, love the pic in your siggy <3
Aww thanks!

Caroline!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

December 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys. I'm just having a rough time right now. I feel so little like Christmas that until today we didn't even have the tree up. We've been putting off buying the last few gifts and stocking stuffers waiting for this week's pay, only to find out that it was significantly less than we were expecting. I'm trying to make each girl a skirt for Christmas and every single time I go to work on them something goes wrong. Yesterday I even got a sitter for DS for the afternoon so I could sew with no distractions and I wasn't even an hour in and I broke my last needle. And to top it off DH is on my case about not having a job yet.

It was all in all a bad day yesterday, a good cry and some sleep did wonders. My mom also helped us out by dropping by with a gift card for some groceries so I can spend what I would have needed for groceries on the last few gifts I need to buy.

December 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Huge hugs Caroline! I hope things pick up for you soon. Everything always happens all at once

I baby sat my friend's 4 month old tonight. He was such a sweetie! Makes me super happy only 17 more weeks till my own

Jess
December 8th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Super Mommy
Marcos was up several times last night, the last time being a 3:30am where he just would not go back to sleep. Kept on alternative between "talking" to himself and whining. I thought he was being fickle but then he made the biggest poop I have ever seen, had to run him a bath to clean him off. He finally went back to sleep at 6am until 8am, so I crawled back into bed too and tried to recharge my batteries.

I gave him squash for the first time yesterday, so I think he must have had trouble digesting it, which would explain the frequent wake-ups, the whining, and the massive poop! Guess I will put off the squash for now. So far he has done well with carrots and pears, but he had trouble digesting bananas. Any suggestions on what I can try next? I'm thinking maybe apples?
December 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I'd try sweet potatoes or apples. I know not all kids are the same, but those two went over well with all three of my kids.

My thermostat/furnace is wonky. At 4am I woke up sweating and the thermostat was up to 70 even though it was set for 60. I reset it and went back to bed, now it won't go above 60 even though it's set for 72. I'm not happy, I really didn't need anything else to go wrong right now.

December 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM
avacodo or sweet potatoes are good first foods, pretty easy on the tummy too

December 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Super Mommy
I gave him sweet potatoes but he didn't like the taste of it. I tried a few days in a row and he didn't want to open his mouth. I'm allergic to birch tree pollen so I'm supposed to stay away from pretty much ALL fruits that grow in Canada, with the exception of melon and grapes (the worst for me are peaches, cherries, apples, and strawberries). It doesn't cause a full-blown reaction, just eczema and facial/tongue tingling. It's usually not too bad if they're cooked, though. I was concerned that Marcos might have a reaction to it but seems he did well after eating pears for 4 days in a row, so maybe he'll be okay. I made an apple puree this evening and will try it out tomorrow. It tasted a bit acidic to me but then again I haven't had apples in a long time. Hopefully he will like it and will be able to tolerate it.
December 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Also steamed carrots? Like super steamed so they are mushy lol. But avocado went over ok here. He preferred things with more taste though. We did BLW though.

We're just waiting for our furnace to go Caroline. It is original to our house and our house was built in 1989...our friend that is a furnace and air conditioner guy told us we'd be lucky to get through last winter...so its a hope and a prayer at this point! not a fan of having to replace it while I'm on mat leave :/ Hope its just a one off thing for you.

DH's truck was hit in the mall parking lot today. Like needs new bumper, rear fender, paint job, etc. etc. etc....at least $2,000 in parts before labour...stupid Dodge trucks! There was no way the person didn't realize they hit it...it had to have been another truck since it was level with his bumper. And he was like 20 feet away from security cameras so they are unable to assist. Merry freakin Christmas to us. We're going to have to wait to fix it.

Jess
December 8th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Oh no Jess, that's terrible! At least you guys weren't in it at the time!

I don't know what's going on with our furnace, one minute it works and the next it's cutting out below the temperature we have it set for. If it's still not working tomorrow we'll have to call someone. Like I have the money for that.

December 9th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Why does everything break before Christmas?!?!

All my movies for Cam that I ordered from Amazon, including the one that they estimated wouldn't come till after Christmas. YAY! Super excited. I wanted to open them and watch tonight lol...I think they're more for me than him haha. Especially as he doesn't watch TV lol.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search