*~*December Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
what movies did you get? he will probably be more interested in them in a year or so, Ross didnt really get into movies until he was 2-2.5

December 9th, 2013, 06:04 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grumpy snarky husband free to any home but here! Seriously I love this man, but he's driving me crazy tonight.

On the up side, our thermostat seems to be working today. Knock wood.

I love when things arrive earlier than expected!

December 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM
glad your thermostat is working right today! boo on the snarky husband, i swear sometimes Dh does stuff just to try and make me super crazy!!!

December 9th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
He got....How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original animated one), Charlie Brown's Christmas, The Land Before Time (original one), Planes, and Monsters University. I went a little crazy...but they were all such crazy deals I couldn't resist! The first 3 remind me of my childhood so very nostalgic lol.

Yay for your thermostat! Hope it continues to behave!

Boo to snarky hubbys....I can't complain today...DH had some kind of stomach bug start up yesterday afternoon, so he stayed home from work today...in the afternoon he was feeling better and swept the main level, shovelled the snow, and vacuumed the area rugs. He is pretty awesome. Although he did manage to leave all his dishes from thoughout the day beside the sink...but I really can't say anything! Too happy lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 10th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Bree, I agree. Sometimes I think he just does and says things to see if he can make me mad. It drives me nuts!

I'm heading out to my Mom's today. I'm so far behind on my sewing projects for the kids and she has agreed to help me. So I'm taking my sewing machine and all my stuff and we're going to see how much we can get done with 2 of us working on it. Dad is going to entertain DS for us.

December 10th, 2013, 06:39 AM
have fun sewing! i hope you can get a good chunk done today!!

December 10th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
I have to admit that I'm the snarky one in the relationship. LOL Whenever I get annoyed, I already resort to sarcasm. It's terrible!
December 10th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Hope you get lots of work done and that DS enjoys his playtime!

So I decided I'm going to get the most beautiful double jogging stroller...if I can raise $500 by selling crap we don't need anymore. I've got almost $350 in less than 2 weeks! I've posted things on kijiji, FB buy/sell groups, and our internal buy/sell board at work. The stroller, including the adaptor for my infant seat, is $800 before tax brand new but I can find them on kijiji for $500. I settled with the one I got with Cam and I regret it now so this is going to be my major purchase for #2, and it benefits Cam so I don't feel so bad. The only other items we *need* are diapers, wipes and clothes so its not too bad.

And we've decided not to fix DH's truck for a bit. He talked to a car-guy friend of his who gave him some wax type spray thing that will keep it from rusting over the winter. So we'll revisit fixing it when we get our tax refunds (they better be refunds lol).

I rarely get to snarky myself, I bottle it up which is just as bad in a way.

Jess
December 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
what stroller are you looking at?

December 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Super Mommy
When I was looking for my stroller, I came really close to buying a City Select. I really loved the versatility of how you can arrange two seats on it (or use it as a single stroller). If I have a second child and need a double stroller, I might very well trade in my current stroller for that one.
December 10th, 2013, 12:05 PM
we have a phil and teds double stroller, i really like it, we also considered the city select but decided on the phil and teds because of the big inflatable wheels, we get snow and i dont think the city select would make it through it

December 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
LOL! My stroller is a walmart special, actually any stroller I've used has been. I guess I don't use strollers enough for it to make a huge difference to me. I wore my babies more than I strollered them when they were really little.

I guess my snarky husband felt bad about last night, he brought home Jeff Dunham's Christmas special for me on DVD so I don't have to keep trying to find it on cable. I love Jeff Dunham, so it was pretty sweet.

I didn't get as much sewing done as I thought I would. I still got a lot done but I was hoping to have at least once skirt finished. We're going back at it again tomorrow. DS had a great time with his Papa.

December 10th, 2013, 07:53 PM
A bob!

BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller, Orange: Amazon.ca: Baby

I actually do run, and since I didn't get a jogging stroller with Cam, I was restricted to exercising when DH was home, and usually I was really tired by then. I also used my stroller a lot...after about 4 months he hated to be worn. So since we'll be heading into spring and summer this time, we will spend lots of time outside and such...so if this one won't be worn, I need a back up. And I want to be able to do my jogging in the morning rather than the evening once I start back up again. And I can't jog wearing him/her lol. But yeah, its my splurge purchase. And I think its a good way to clear out stuff we really don't need in the meantime.

My friend has a Phil and Ted's and she loves it. But I don't think its a jogging one? Its got the big wheels, but the Bob is rated for like trails and such which is where I prefer to jog. And right now I just have a Graco travel system which can't be converted to a double so no matter what I need something new.

I'm actually pretty excited about actually being able to enjoy the coming summer this year again.

Jess
December 10th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Super Mommy
I don't have a car so my stroller is my car. If I had a car I'd probably carry him more, cause then I'd drive to the store, strap him into the carrier while I do my shopping and then put all my purchases in the car once I'm done. With my current situation, if I go to the grocery store with him in a carrier, that means I'd be walking all the way home carrying him AND all my groceries. I'd ruin my back. I'm already have back problems due to the fact that DS is so heavy and wants to be held all the time.
December 10th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Definitely need a good stroller if you don't have a vehicle. And yeah, I don't run. If you see me running you better be running too because there's trouble behind me!
Jessimaaka likes this.

December 11th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
Same here. Half my friends from high school I made because we were the girls in PE who would walk really fast instead of jogging. haha
mccaroline likes this.
December 11th, 2013, 05:44 AM
ya i dont run either, ive seen those BOB strollers though, they are really nice, if i ran id want something like that for sure! But im with caroline, if you see me running you best start running too cause something real bad is coming up behind me
mccaroline likes this.

December 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Hahaha, you guys kill me!

I actually didn't start running till after I had Cam. And I love it and miss it! I can't wait to start up again. I'm up to $350 of my $500 goal so its totally doable, especially once I add in some Christmas money.

So we got a bunch of snow today...like not tons but the most we've had so far. And people are like "OMG! I've never seen snow!" Took me over half an hour to get to my midwife appointment and normally takes me 10 minutes. Appointment went well, all is good. Then we had Cam's 15 month checkup (even though he's 16 months tomorrow), and it was supposed to be at 11:20....we didn't get in till 12:30! He was in meltdown mode...he is normally napping by then...I'm glad I fed him before the appt! He is all good, 24lbs 13.5oz. Doing good for all milestones etc. But I reamed at them...who wants to sit with a toddler in a dr's office waiting for an hour and a half (because of course I'm always early) that has no toys!!!! Please call me and tell me you are significantly behind and we will adjust. The nurses said that people were late because of the weather. The dr. said it was because she had a suicide attempt come in. Um, get your stories straight and work with your patients. I was livid. I was late back to work and late for a meeting. Which could have been avoided if I could have made arrangements instead of chasing Cam around.

Anyways, frustrating day. But glad good appointments overall. Oh and my feet were wet, the seals on my boots finally gave out so I got new ones tonight, thank goodness.

Jess
December 11th, 2013, 08:48 PM
One skirt done!! One skirt messed up. And I forgot to buy the lace for the dress when I was in the city tonight.

Sorry about your appointment Jess, that always ticks me off too. I'm glad Cam is right where he's supposed to be though!

December 12th, 2013, 05:54 AM
i hate lateness! our docs office is ALWAYS late, we could have the first appointment of the AM and wed still be late getting it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search