*~*December Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay for getting stuff done Caroline! I hope its helped reduce some of your stress.

This place is normally pretty good about running somewhat on time...of course its the ONE time that I'm crunched for time that something happens. And I'm hormonal and pregnant so everything is 50 times worse lol. That said, I got the first appt in the morning for his next one...7:50! So hopefully no issues!

I slept on my arm funny last night...my whole left hand his tingly, mianly on my palm. And I've been up for over 2 hours and it still hasn't gone away....cold water feels nice on it, hot water not so much.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 12th, 2013, 07:36 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My little girl has a "boyfriend"!! They hold hands at recess, he kissed her at school and last night he called her, twice! They talked for over half an hour on the phone. I'm in so much trouble!!

December 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yikes! grade 4 and a boyfriend already, lock that young lady up!

December 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Oh I wouldn't be half as shocked if it was my big girl! Oh no, I'm talking my little girl, she's in grade 1!! The boy is super cute and was very polite on the phone, but they are 6 years old! Someone help me!

December 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Oh dear! I thought I had at least a decade before having to worry about this!!!!

But that IS super cute. Do they pass notes in class? I remember those notes: "Do you like me? check yes or no or maybe"

You are so in trouble! I think I'll stick with boys....lol

Jess
December 12th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Super Mommy
There was a boy in my elementary school that had a crush on me from grade 1 all the way to grade 6. Of course, I thought at that age that boys were really gross and was not interested at all. Everyone in my class knew it and would tease me about it, like if he wrote my name on his binder with a heart around it and stuff like that. I remember once at the skating rink he gave me a hot lips candy and everyone was talking about it and I was so embarrassed. I flushed it down the toilet and then his friends told him and he cried. Oh dear!
December 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Super Mommy
So I had an "interesting" morning. I had to see my chiropractor at 10. Usually DH is available to babysit but not today. Getting there is quite a hassle because normally I would take the streetcar and then the subway, but there are stairs to get onto the streetcar so it's really hard to get the stroller in there. Using a carrier is not really a good option either because since he can't sit on his own yet, I need somewhere I can put him while the doctor is doing the adjustment. I don't really like the idea of putting him on the floor, cause people are walking in there with their shoes carrying salt, snow, mud, etc... So really, for me to go with my stroller, I have to take two different bus routes which is a huge pain the you-know-what.

Going there wasn't too bad, but coming back Marcos was starting to fuss because at that point we had been out and about for roughly 2 1/2hrs and he was fed up. I got to my first transfer point and there is "supposed" to be a bus passing every 5 minutes or so (it's one of the main streets in Toronto), but instead it took about 20 minutes. By that time, Marcos was having a full-fledged tantrum and screaming and crying in his stroller while I was waiting, so I took him out so he'd calm down. Finally I got on the bus and he sat quiet on my lap the whole ride, but when my stop was coming up the bus was too wobbly for me to get a steady footing and place him back in his stroller. So I had to carry him and drag the stroller out of the bus with one hand, which I struggled with until someone finally helped me. If that weren't enough, the bus driver made some snarky comment about how next time, I should consider putting the baby IN the stroller.

OH REALLY?? Yeah, cause I hadn't thought of that! Do you want you and everyone else on this bus to listen to my kid wail uncontrollably for the next 15 minutes, or do you want to wait an extra 10 seconds for me to try to get off the bus? You pick!

Last edited by Jessifer; December 12th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
December 12th, 2013, 12:40 PM
haha oh gosh 6 years old! thats super sweet <3

oh man that sounds like an awful morning! we only have one car so i know all about trying to get places on the bus with kids, it can be such a pain!!! Sorry someone was rude to you, i cant believe people werent jumping to help you out

December 12th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Super Mommy
I don't want to perpetuate the stereotype that people in Toronto are rude, because I've been living here for 7 years now and there are some amazing, wonderful people here. But every once in a while you just run into a big group of jerks. Problem in this city is that absolutely everyone is in a rush and think that wherever they have to get to is more important than where others have to get to. I have to cross a 3-way stop close to my house and I've been telling DH for years that one day someone is going to get killed there. The drivers are so obsessed with making their turn that they expect YOU, the pedestrian, to yield to them before you cross the street. It's not right.
December 12th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Being from a small town, Toronto is scary! Sorry you had such a bad morning.

Yes, they pass notes, he gave her one this morning that says he loves her and wants to marry her. I seriously didn't think I'd be dealing with boys yet!

December 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM
im not sure if id like living in toronto or not, maybe i could do it

December 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I know I could never live in TO. Its a nice place to visit but I feel relief on my way home lol.

That really sucks that people are so rude. I'm sure you're not the first person with a baby that didn't want to sit in a stroller. Cam is fine when its moving...if not, its game over. Same in the car. If we get stuck at a red light, he starts to freak. I hope you had a good appointment though!

Still need to pick up a few things for Christmas, but almost done!!!!

Jess
December 12th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Super Mommy
My appointment went well! For the past month, after seeing my chiropractor twice a week and a massage therapist every other week, my back feels much better. I'll get a pretty decent break soon because my family will want to take care of him quite a bit during the Holidays, and then in January we'll be with my in-laws for a month and they'll want to take care of him too.
December 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
its always nice to get a little break when the grandparents are around, and its so great for the kids to spend time with their grandparents

December 14th, 2013, 06:58 AM
10 days till Christmas! Just throwing that out there

Watching the Grinch this morning...the cartoon one

Waiting for the dumping of snow we're supposed to get....5cm today, 5cm tonight, and 2-5cm tomorrow...yay for a white Christmas!

So now we are going to church at 5pm on the 24th instead of 8pm since my sister switched her shift. Yay because Cameron will likely be much better behaved, but now DH is in a stink because that means we have to leave his aunt's earlier. Ya know what? They totally ignore Cam anyways, so I'm over it. Not that I think everyone should be watching what my child does...he just seems like something that needs to be kept quiet over there...and he's not so loud to begin with.

Jess
December 14th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
My dad's side of the family is like that. My paternal grandparents pretty much ignored us and had the attitude that children were meant to be seen, not heard. If my cousins and I tried to play, they'd always nit-pick at us for some thing or another. Either we were playing in the wrong area of the house, or we were laughing too loud, or we didn't use a coaster for our juice - there was always something we were doing wrong. It was like walking on eggshells and we hated going there.

My maternal grandparents were the total opposite. They had a closet full of toys and vintage clothes we could play dress-up with, they had a big drawer full of candies and treats, my grandparents would show us how to play different card games and stuff or they'd bring us out on the lake with their boat. They actually enjoyed having us there instead of just "tolerating" us.
December 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Ugg, 10 days until Christmas. I still don't even know when we're celebrating. This year is so messed up. DH was supposed to have the Sunday before off, but that just got changed and now he has to work, we're supposed to be celebrating with half his family that day. Christmas Day is fine he still has that off, but then we're supposed to celebrate with my family on Boxing Day and he now has to work that too. We could celebrate with my family on Christmas Eve but that means missing out on going to his sister's house and church like we usually do that evening.

The girls are off school in 4 days, I have nothing wrapped, gifts not finished, and I still have things to buy. I have to make things for school parties too. I need 3 of me at this point!

December 14th, 2013, 04:53 PM
So I did nothing all day. My big girl is sick, my little girl has a headache, I'm still getting over being sick and DS has been up since 6am and refused to nap. I quite seriously haven't even gotten out of my PJs. We all curled up on the couch and watched Christmas movies all day.

December 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hope you get everything done that you want to Caroline, wish I could come help!

Well, we got dumped on yesterday and today. And its going to continue the rest of the day and overnight too. Its pretty awesome to know that we'll have a white Christmas

Cam has croup Going to make a separate post about it so I can refer back to it next time

Jess
December 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM
poor cam! we got a bunch of snow here, though not as much as some areas, my ILs got about a foot, we only got 3-4 inches

i hope you can get everything done caroline! the holidays are so overwhelming!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search