*~*December Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Annnnnd...go!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ha Ha! I totally missed it was December when I posted in the November thread. For anyone who wants to see it, one of our Christmas pictures of the kids is posted there. We had 6 poses done and over 90 shots, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. The outtakes are good too, I'm having fun tonight laughing at some of them.

December 2nd, 2013, 05:47 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
super cute pic caroline! its awesome when they all smile at the same time LOL mine never do that!

December 2nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Its my fault, I wasn't on till later on at night so didn't get it posted in time

Post the picture again here! It was so cute!

I CANNOT believe its already December. Four months and I'll have a little squish!!!! I just hope he/she doesn't come April 1 lol. I kinda want to make a fake post on FB LOL.

Jess
December 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Since Jess requested it, here's the picture again. All smiling is a fluke, you should see some of the outtakes. I have tongues sticking out, teeth being bared, kissy faces, some are really funny.

Jessimaaka likes this.

December 2nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
So cute! And again, I love their outfits. Coordinated without being matchy matchy.

STOMP is coming to Kitchener, London and Hamilton. I want to go SOOOO bad but only one date in London works because I am SUPER busy with work in January...but I don't really want to drive all the way to London. Decisions decisions! Tickets are $57 so very reasonable!

Jess
December 3rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
stomp sounds like so much fun!

December 3rd, 2013, 10:04 AM
I really want to go! And my mom emailed me asking to babysit so Kenny and I can have a night out soon. Now just to decide if I want to drive all the way to London or not to see it. I really prefer the Kitchener venue but the dates don't work out. We have a performance of theirs on DVD and it is SO cool.

Its going to be so mild here tomorrow, +7!

Jess
December 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
London's not so bad, it's a pretty easy drive. Take the back roads it's a lot nicer and you'll drive right through my village on your way.

It's supposed to be mild here for the next couple of days too.

I lost a gift, and I just bought the darned thing. I need to get it in the mail and I have no flipping idea where it is!

December 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Super Mommy
It's funny cause my father is from the London area and every summer we'd go on vacation and my dad would get all stressed out about the "traffic" and driving over there, and he'd end up taking all these backroads that would take forever cause you can't go faster than 80km on some of them.

But now that I live in Toronto, my parents come for a visit and drive all over the city and it's not a big deal anymore.
December 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
its going to be really mild here for the next few days too, im hoping it will melt the snow, im over winter already!

I hope you find the present caroline!!!

December 3rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Yes, the back roads are all 80km, but most of the time it's still faster than the 401, especially during rush hour, and it's only about 1.5 hours to Kitchener and 2 hours to Toronto.

I found the present and got it to the post office with minutes to spare.

December 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
glad it turned up!

December 3rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Is Budweidser Gardens an arena? The acoustics in there could be pretty cool for the kind of show STOMP is. The Centre in the Square is just so nice and cushiony for a preggo lady to sit in though lol.

DH prefers backroads anyways....and the show we'd go see there is Saturday evening which is good, and we'd probably go for dinner somewhere there. I used to travel all the time to London for work...its such a boring stretch of the 401...its typically not quite as busy as it is closer to TO which is good.

Jessifer, you could never pay me enough to live in TO!!! My mom lived there in her early 20s before she met my dad and loved it though. And a ton of friends I went to university with live/work there. Its just not for me. I "talk" to other vehicles around me far too much as it is LOL. I'd have high blood pressure etc. all the time!

Jess
December 3rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah, Budweiser Gardens is an arena. It's quite large, they do all the good shows there. The London Knights (hockey) and London Lightning (basketball) play there in between shows and concerts. Get lower bowl though, the upper bowl is so steep it's almost scary.

You couldn't pay me to live in TO either, cripes I had to get out of London because it was too big of a city for me!

My Brownie unit this year is going to drive me crazy! They are so loud and I can't get them to pay attention for more than a few minutes at a time and the bathroom breaks, seriously I spend more time waiting for someone to get back than I do anything else!

December 4th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I'm worried about seating...we'll see though!

Its going to be +7 here today and forecasted to be +11 tomorrow and of course drop down cold for the weekend. Cam is getting his 2nd haircut this weekend.

Jess
December 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM
they say it will get to 5 today here, and 9 tomorrow and rain all night, i hope i wake up to no more snow! we dont have much right now but id still like it all gone

December 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM
The snow is pretty much gone here, it's just one big muddy mess now.

This fundraiser thing through our dance school is just becoming one big mess. I still don't have anything to give people and all the cheques have been cashed. One person who ordered through me is threatening to call the police and report fraud. I just want to cry. It's giving me an anxiety attack just thinking about it and how I got people into it.

December 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM
gosh that is a mess! i hope it gets sorted out soon, whats the dance studio saying about it?

December 4th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Well I finally got answers about the gift cards and what happened to them. I'm just sorry it took me getting a threatening email for me to get a response from someone. If they had just told me upfront that they were going to be a few weeks late I could have let people know and no one would have been this upset. Oh and to top it off, the person doing the gift cards took it as me threatening her. I'm at the point of never wanting to be involved in this fundraiser again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search