Boxing Day!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Anyone venture out? Shop online? Stay buried and never want to look at a flyer again?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't even look at a flyer. We were still celebrating Christmas today, we had gifts and dinner at my parent's house today. Mom did tell me that the chicken I like is on sale at M&M's though so sometime this week I need to take a drive into the city.

December 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing is open here on boxing day lol but I did order the lens I wanted for my Canon Rebel online
Jessimaaka likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

December 27th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I got my new laptop! From the comfort of online shopping and delivered today

Jess
December 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we took the kids to toys r us, they had gift cards, but honestly the selection was poop, Ross picked out a spiderman toy but i ended up using the rest to buy stuff online, much nicer than shopping in stores LOL

December 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Online shopping is so much better! I just shopped Snugglebugz online sale...got the accessories for my new double jogging stroller...since the accessories were 20% off but not the stroller itself. So I will be keeping an eye out in the next 3 months but if by mid-March, I don't find it on sale, I'll just cave and buy it full price.

Jess
December 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I'm trying to get my hands on some game pieces for the Disney Infinity game. I want to just buy them online, DH on the other hand actually wants to go in the store. Since they are on sale at Walmart this week, he has the choice of bringing them home with him tomorrow morning or I'm ordering and just having them delivered.

December 28th, 2013, 05:15 AM
i saw snuggle bugz had a big sale, i had to use all my power to resit buying a bunch of stuff i didnt need!

I dont know why he wouldnt just want to order them, i do almost all my shopping online now, i love it so much more, plus i really like getting mail, its so exciting for me LOL

December 28th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Well he came home sick at 4am, he has the horrible bug that's been going around so he didn't have a chance to get any at the store. His comment is because he works there he would just bring the home with him.

I ordered them online this morning, they are selling out fast since they are half price and I wanted to get a couple. Delivery was free and they'll get delivered right to my door, can't get any better than that.

December 28th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I used to be so nervous about ordering online but its just so much more convenient, and the thresholds for free shipping are typically very reasonable that I rarely have to pay for it. And things are very secure from a payment perspective. I will be using it more and more.

Local Brick customers angry after company says it won’t honour online pricing glitch | Globalnews.ca

On a related note...anyone else see this???? Everywhere else honours online glitches once discovered...this looks so bad for them!

Jess
December 29th, 2013, 04:10 AM
yikes! i get that its a big hit for a company, but the brick is a pretty big company, not some little shop that a discount like that could ruin. Stuff like this happens on amazon all the time and they rarely honour it there too, which kinda bugs me. They would be a lot more likely to get my business in the future if they came out and said "hey this was a mistake but we will honour what you paid for your stuff"

December 29th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Well, that's what I mean....its like brand suicide! Walmart had something like this recently in the US and they honoured what was ordered before it was caught...I believe it was a hacker in that case though? Regardless, it was the Brick's fault and they aren't going to go under because of it. And they own Leons (or the other way around?) so its not like they'll disappear or anything. DH worked there for 7 years (he started part time when he was in high school!), and it was not a nice company to work for. We typically don't shop there to begin with but still.

Jess
December 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah, that looks really bad on them. They would have been better off to honour the prices.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search