*~*2014 Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope everything is going well Caroline!!! Nice to see you!!!!

Well, its Saturday and I've been at work for over 2 hours already. Not cool!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Super Mommy
I almost wish I were working. We were optimistic last night because Marcos didn't want to sleep until 8:30pm so we thought for sure he'd be sleeping until 7am at least, but lo and behold he was up again at 4:30am. He took a nap in the morning but refused any afternoon nap. Gave him some baby tylenol for him and his teething, and some adult tylenol for myself for the headache I have from listening to him whine and cry all day. Good lord, I am exhausted.

ADDED: To add to the above, DH just announced that given the choice between going through another day like today and being punched in the face, he'd choose being punched in the face.

Last edited by Jessifer; February 22nd, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
February 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Babies are so much fun! lol

Did anyone watch the gold medal game yesterday?

Jess
February 25th, 2014, 05:42 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We watched the game!!

Don't get me started on babies not sleeping well! Oh myy, I feel like I'm soon going to die from no sleep!! Since about 4 months old Christian stopped his 8 hour a night straight sleeping and now wakes like 100+ times a night. I'm soooo tired, wondering when this will end, been a month now!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 25th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Awww! I know that feeling!!!! I got so sick of hearing "this too shall pass". But you can do this!!!!

Cam slept 7-6 last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't have to go in at all!!! First time in a while (the night before I went in 3 times and DH went in twice). I however got up like 8 times to pee, but fell right back asleep. So successful night!

Jess
February 25th, 2014, 06:46 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Checking back in. The tournament went well despite the early morning start. The girls played the best they have every played. They were so on top of the game it was amazing! We came in forth in the tournament by winning 1, loosing 1, and tying 1.
This weekend is another early morning with DD2 having her first dance competition also in another city over a hour away.

February 25th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
Tired today....

For a week now, my appetite is gone.
Food doesn't look appealing anymore.. I open the fridge and walk away empty handed.... So not like me so far.

Dr says there's nothing to worry about... Just going through the motions.

On a plus... No nausea... Winning!

30 half till lunch here at work.. Save me. I'm starving,
February 25th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Yay Caroline! I hope the competition goes well. How are you finding all the extra running around? And how is your job going?

Oh dear Jenn...I've hit the point where I could eat us out of house and home if I could...but I don't have the room Small frequent meals. Lots of snack food. I wish I had no appetite sometimes...like after stepping on the scale this morning.

Jess
February 25th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I'm having a love hate relationship with all the running around. I love it when I get there, but I dread the prep work and the early mornings.

I wish I had more hours with my job. This is my second week in a row with no hours at all. I knew it was a part time job but I wish it was a little more time!

You two are reminding me of the reasons why I'm happy I won't be pregnant again!

February 26th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah mccaroline, the job market is pretty crappy right now. DH works part-time and he only got 3 shifts last week and 2 this week. He has to do a business placement in order to get his diploma so he's been applying for that - we don't even care if it's a paid or unpaid internship, so long as he completes his required hours, gets his credentials, and gets some experience in his field. It seems that is the way of things for young people since 2008.

Marcos is entering that stage where he is starting to make strange, even with DH. Seems that he only wants me now. Sometimes when he is with DH, he will start throwing a fit and flailing his arms towards me and he'll stop the moment he's with me. I hope he grows out of it pretty quickly because his daycare will likely start in July or August.

Last edited by Jessifer; February 26th, 2014 at 07:12 AM.
February 26th, 2014, 07:51 AM
That's frustrating its not consistent hours. At least its something to put on a resume and can lead to something better.

Ugh, I'm almost waddling...be happy you never have to do this again!!!!

Aww, Cam makes strange sometimes still. Its not a bad thing Hopefully he outgrow it with at least your DH quickly.

Enough with the snow already! I am SO ready for spring!

Jess
February 26th, 2014, 08:39 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also in the super happy I will never be pregnant again club!! LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 26th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I'm happy I'll never be pregnant again because I was sick from conception till birth with all three and three sections has been quite hard on my body, but I still want another baby, so that part really sucks!

My DS still wants only mommy. I wouldn't say he's playing strange because he's 2.5, but he still screams at other people and calms down only for me. He's even going through a stage right now where only I can put him to bed which is odd because my Dh has put him to be since the day he was born.

February 27th, 2014, 12:54 PM
We haven;t decided yet if 2 is it for us. We'll see what happens

Cam is ALL about Daddy right now. But he goes through phases with both of us.

Gah. I am trying to cancel our mortgage insurance because I believe we're over insured for it and there are much better products out there to cover that at a better rate. Apparently they need to talk to BOTH me and DH. I contacted them 2 weeks ago. And they keep calling back our house at like 2pm. Um, we both work. And I have said multiple times in emails to use our cell phones and even provided the numbers. And they keep calling the house. The next payment is supposed to come out Monday so now I'm going to the bank tomorrow to put a hold on the payment. My portion is apparently cancelled but not DH's....because he has to talk to them himself, I cannot cancel on his behalf. He drives for a living. He can't be on the phone. He's tried calling on his lunch or break but can't get through. I am SO glad to be done with this company soon. Rant over lol.

Jess
February 28th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Mortgage insurance is such a pain and so expensive. Actually mortgages in general are a pain.

On a side note. I swear I found the best dance teacher ever for my DD2. I'm going to need to find a way to thank her before the end of the season. We have the competition on Sunday, last night she cancelled classes because of the weather but offered to do some general group classes Saturday for those going to the competition. Then she emailed me and told me that if I could get DD2 there since it was her first competition and she might need a little more attention and encouragement that she'd give her a private at no extra charge. We got there and she gave my DD2 a 1.5 hour private lesson! This is after she gave her a semi private last week outside of her group lesson and didn't charge me anything extra! Her comment, There's something special about your daughter and I want to help her. How sweet is that? And she genuinely cares, she even sent me a message to make sure I got home alright last night after we left her place.

February 28th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Awwww, how sweet! I love good teachers, they make all the difference!

Woohoo! Its Friday! So happy!!!!! I worked so much this week it will be nice to see Cameron all weekend. Today will be the first day I'll see him after work all week. The overtime is nice right before mat leave but sucks at the same time.

Jess
March 1st, 2014, 05:11 PM
5cm more tonight. Winter can F off right about now!

Jess
March 2nd, 2014, 06:50 AM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
I hate snow.

Does it ever end? I really loved the years where we barely got snow...
March 2nd, 2014, 10:13 AM
2 years ago, we had DH's birthday in the backyard with a campfire and I was in a t-shirt!

I'm so done with this weather!

Jess
March 2nd, 2014, 01:29 PM
Mommy brag ahead:

My DD2 won a 5th place medal and a 7th place medal in her dances today! She forgot part of the fling so she didn't place in that. This was her very first competition and there were 14 dancers in her division. I'm a very proud and happy mommy this afternoon.

On a side note if any of you are near Cambridge there are some amazing deals at the outlet stores on Hespler Rd right now.
Jessimaaka likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search