*~*2014 Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2014, 07:00 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, I laughed! Yeah, that's pretty typical of a toddler, still not acceptable at daycare, but typical. He was standing up for himself!

Well, I didn't get the science job I was hoping for. I got an email this evening thanking me for my time. Back to the drawing board I guess.

January 4th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Super Mommy
Don't get discouraged, it's a tough job market out there. A couple of years ago, I spent about 6 months doing tests and interviews for one of 35 federal government positions that had opened up. I had to miss a couple days work just to be able to do some of these tests and interviews, only to be told after 6 months of silence that they decided to cancel all the positions! Talk about a waste of time! Those are your tax dollars hard at work... HR people with massive salaries and pensions to deal with applicants for jobs that don't exist!
January 4th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
sorry Caroline i hope you find something soon

January 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sorry Caroline. At least they didn't leave you hanging. Would you be looking for an office position in an accounting office again? I can get the inside track on a couple near where I think you might be close to. Although I totally understand if you want to stay away from those LOL.

Oh, I wasn't upset about his time out. Darn emotions over the internet I thought it was kind of funny. But at the same I guess its good that she's on it? We're having a play date with 2 other 2012 babies this afternoon so we'll see how things go today lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks ladies. I know it's a tough market out there, especially for part time days. I'd look to get back into accounting if I wanted full time, but I don't know many places that hire part time.

January 4th, 2014, 05:58 PM
We had part timers at Deloitte especially in Report Services (ie those that print and put together the final reports and financial statements and tax returns etc. that clients receive), but there was the expectation of some extra time during busy season. I think they would be looking now for people. I can at least ask if they are looking for any part-time ones.

The play date went amazing. I feel so bad for the one little girl though, she's 6 weeks older than Cam (so 18 months old). She is so far behind him from a gross motor skill, fine motor skill, and even language perspective. While Cam is pretty advanced from a gross motor skill perspective, this little girl's mother smoked the entire pregnancy, and not just cigarettes, and I think its had an impact on her in all 3 areas. I haven't seen her since she was like 9-10 weeks old so I had no idea. My friend that is due 10 days ahead of me said she thought she might be behind, but as she is pregnant with her first, she had no idea what the milestones might be. I just brushed it off thinking she was exaggerating. It was actually quite upsetting. The other little girl was fantastic though, she's 8 months older than Cam so obviously much more advanced than him, but it was SOOOOOO cute when they were leaving and we said "Cam give Leah a hug" and they both leaned their heads on each others' shoulders so cute! We see them much more often though. Overall a good day to see some friends.

Bearing down for our 20cm tomorrow! Anyone else expecting lots of snow?

Jess
January 5th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
Well, leaving for the airport in an hour and a half. Our flight is departing at 4:20pm so looks like we will be able to squeak by before this evening's storm comes in (knock on wood!) My in-laws are so excited to see Marcos that they didn't get any sleep last night, and now they're being further tortured by having to wait for us all day long (we're arriving at 8pm)

I'll see you all in February!
January 5th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Have a fantastic holiday!!!!

Well, now they've downgraded things to 10cm, but added in wind, freezing rain...and a few other things, I've lost track lol. Awesome!

Cam started swimming lessons again this morning...we haven't gone since like June I think? He needed to be at least 1 to move onto the next level so couldn't register for the summer session, and then I missed fall registration. The last day is the last Sunday in March...I'll be 39 weeks...hoping I make it to the end LOL. He looooooooved being in the pool again. It was so much fun! But not so much after getting out and bundling up to get in the car etc. His poor hair, it was wet going under his hat...and now it's just all over lol. Good thing its bath night!

Jess
January 6th, 2014, 07:40 AM
If you know of anyone in the London/St Marys/Dorchester area let me know Jess, that would be great.

How is everyone fairing with the storms? Our hydro wasn't sure if it wanted to be on or off last night, it was horrible. The transformer right outside our house was giving off fireworks according to our neighbour, I didn't go look out the window until this morning. We got enough snow that they are using bulldozers instead of snowplows to dig us out. In the city they are saying city bus routes won't be clear until sometime tomorrow and every school in our district is closed.

January 6th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I'll send a message out

We're doing ok with the storms, I'm at work right now but we're watching, and if the blowing gets worse, my boss i sending us home. Cam was the only one to go to daycare today...whoops lol. I hope to leave early to grab him.

We got so much snow, I couldn't open the back door to the deck to let the dog out this morning lol. You guys are both more in the snow belt than I am...how are you guys doing?!?!

I'm worried about the temp drop coming...last week I had issues starting my car and it wasn't quite as cold as what they are calling for tomorrow.

My DH is amazing though, he leaves about 2 hours before me, and he cleaned off my car, and shovelled a path from the door to my driver's side, and to my passengers side (since Cam sits on that side). He is so sweet sometimes!

Jess
January 6th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Well, it's almost 1:00, but we are finally dug out. I was so born in the wrong part of the world.

January 6th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
I'm not a mommy per say just yet...

But I'm 8w3d along,..

I live just north of Newmarket and we got buried!
On a good note.. My dogs are loving it
Jessimaaka likes this.
January 6th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Welcome Im in barrie and we got quite a bit too, i was thinking about going to shovel so Dh doesnt have to when he gets home but there is so much i did a few feet and quit.....

and now its snowing again

January 6th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Welcome and congrats!!!!!!!!!

Took DH almost an hour to dig out our driveway tonight. And he's frozen...the wind is crazy and kept blowing the snow back at him no matter which way he threw it. And its just going to get worse before it gets better!

Bama is LOVING it too...she gets upset when DH makes her come back in the house to get warm (she's got short hair so she gets cold quickly).

So I was relaxing when I heard Cam laughing and playing with the dog. Didn't realize things went silent. And went to the kitchen to find Bama's water dumped on the ground and Cam rolling in it...he thought it was hilarious! Me not so much.

Jess
January 8th, 2014, 06:48 AM
We survived the deep freeze!!!! How is everyone else doing?

They are now calling for rain and 9C on Saturday...Mother Nature clearly can't make up her mind LOL.

Suggestions on helping with eye teeth? Pretty sure that is what is bugging Cam right now.

Jess
January 8th, 2014, 09:07 AM
doing alright here, we survived too its suposed to be warm and rainy here this weekend too, quite a change in one week, -40 to 9+, crazy weather!!

Im super tired today, Finn had a rough night last night, derek has a dentist appointment after work so he probably wont be home before the kids go to bed, im praying for early bedtime all around here!

January 8th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Boo, dentist appointments suck...when DH has one, he misses Cam completely too.

Its only Wednesday! Ugh...and lots of overtime at work this week. Not cool.

Jess
January 8th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I want the kids to go back to school! A 20 day Christmas break is too much! They are driving me crazy! Even the girls are ready to go back, they want to see their friends again, and one of DD1's friends from her old school is supposed to have moved over the break and be going to her new school now, so DD1 wants to go back and meet up with her again.

January 9th, 2014, 04:57 AM
are they still snowed out in your area? the schools went back yesterday here, so only 2 extra days. 20 days is a long break, especially when your kiddos want to be back at school

January 9th, 2014, 05:12 AM
That is a CRAZY long break! Are you guys still closed?? They didn't even close the schools or cancel the in-town busses on Monday but apparently most parents kept their kids home. Tuesday everything was closed.

So I was stuck late at work last night. My sister picked Cam up from daycare since we never know when DH will be done. She brought him to our house when DH got done. Cam launched himself into the house when he got there so excited....and tripped over his feet and bounced his face off this decorative rock we have near the front door (wedding gift with our names and the year on it). He has a gouge almost from his eye to his lip on his one cheek Poor little guy! He doesn't even notice its there! But it looks painful.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search