*~*2014 Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
poor cam! that sounds painful

January 9th, 2014, 08:19 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! Poor Cam!

The girls are back at school!!!!! Yes, we were closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Their last day was Dec 19, they go to school 2 days this week and then there's a PA day next week so it's only a 4 day week.

January 9th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Holy cow, you need a break Caroline! lol They seem to have lucked out this year!

I was talking to my friend at Deloitte, and they have not seen ANYTHING about hiring at the moment. She'll keep her ears open for me though.

His poor face. Doesn't seem to bug him at all but it hurts me to look at it! I really hope it doesn't scar :/

Gah, I forgot how achey you get in the 3rd trimester, I swear I hit 27 weeks and BAM...everything starts to fall apart.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 9th, 2014, 09:41 AM
i cant believe youre in your 3rd trimester already!!! other peoples pregnancies fly by

January 9th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks for checking for me Jess.

Yeah the girls are getting a good deal with school this year.

January 9th, 2014, 06:04 PM
My big girl got hurt tonight. She slammed into the boards at top speed and hit face first! Her neck is stiff and sore. I don't know what to do, I'm pretty sure it's not a concussion since she hit her face not her head, but I am worried about her neck. I'm waiting until morning and if it's still bothering her then I'm going to take her in but part of me thinks I should have taken her in tonight.

January 9th, 2014, 06:52 PM
We'll always second guess ourselves no matter what decision we make. As long as you keep an eye on her, I'm sure she'll be fine. I didn't realize it was violent at that age! I don't know if they could even do anything right away for her? Its better to wait and see if it ends up being anything. Either way, I hope its nothing!

This pregnancy is FLYING by. That's what happens when chasing after a toddler

Ugh, work last night till 8, tonight was 9...tomorrow is looking to be at least the same. But yay for overtime I guess, we can always use an extra little boost after Christmas.

Jess
January 9th, 2014, 08:18 PM
No, it's not violent at all, it's actually a very hands off sport. She was racing for the ring, missed it, tripped and slammed herself into the boards. No one else even touched her.

The thing that gets me is the Fowler clinic will only see you within 72 hours of your injury, but they close Thursday night at 5 and don't open again until 8 Monday morning. So anyone getting injured Thursday night is screwed!

I remember those late nights in accounting. I don't miss them!

January 10th, 2014, 05:25 AM
how id DD feeling this morning caroline? that must have been so scary

January 10th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Awww, poor girl! How is she today? Do you have any other clinics or anything to get her looked at if you want? Like an Urgent Care?

I wish they had nap time at work...

Jess
January 10th, 2014, 10:31 AM
She seemed fine this morning, said she was a little stiff but that was to be expected. She got up and started chasing her brother and causing WWIII with her sister, so she wasn't that sore. I sent her to school and they haven't called so I'm assuming all is good.

DD1's birthday is on Monday, she really wants a sewing machine and to learn to sew so my parents are going in with us on her gift. Mom and I went out today she's getting sewing machine, a cool purple cover for it, a supply box, thread, needles, pins, scissors, the works. Then we were at Fabricland and they had a big surprise bag of material on for $5, a big bin of these bags, we grabbed the largest one and were going to give that to her so she has some material to play with. I have no idea what she will get in the surprise bag since we can't see in it to even see colours and it isn't labeled with types of material, but hopefully she'll get something fun.

January 10th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Glad she seems fine!

Wow, what an awesome gift! We were never allowed to touch my mom's sewing machine, and she only let me sew by hand. Not quite as fun, and I wasn't that good at it lol.

Phew, long week! So glad its over! What's everyone up to this weekend?

Jess
January 10th, 2014, 07:27 PM
I won't let her touch my sewing machine either! And I don't use my mom's and neither one of us can use Grandma's machine. I swear sewing machines are the most personal machines ever! They just will not work for anyone other than their intended owner. She does pretty well with her hand sewing. I think she's going to be excited, DH thinks we're crazy.

In November DD2 was asked to join the competitive dance team, I got her a dance outfit and signed all the papers and the rights to my bank account (I'm joking, sort of) and she started training last night for competitions. We have our competition schedule and she's very excited. Tonight I got a message from her teacher that they are doing shows for Robbie Burns Day and that they would be great experience for my daughter. It looks like I could be watching my baby on stage as early as this month! I must finish altering her kilt!!

January 11th, 2014, 04:27 PM
That's amazing!!!!! The dance is happening so fast for her! She must be so excited!!!!!! How does the competition schedule line up with your other daughter's schedule?

Its raining. And windy. I was literally watching snow banks disappear!

And I went to Babies r us this morning to get gifts for my friend's baby shower in 2 weeks. Scored her way more than I would have if they didn't have the sale on!

Jess
January 11th, 2014, 05:00 PM
YAY for a sale!! I wish I had a baby to shop for.

Yeah, it's all lining up so that we have to be in two places at once every single time! I don't have exact dates yet, I'm hoping to get them soon, I know there will be two in March, one in April, possibly one in May, one in June and if she learns her sword dance then one in July. The only one I'm really worried about is the second one in March. DD1 has a big tournament out of town at the end of March and I'm really hoping it's not the same weekend. Otherwise we'll have to be in Kitchener and Guelph at the same time and we'll each miss something. Good thing those two cities are close!

January 12th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Hello Everyone, I am new here, so not sure if I am posting in the right spot just yet... I am a 27 year old mom in Kitchener, of a 9 year old girl... and Adopting a newborn with the due date of January 24 2014! Wondering if there are any moms from Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge ??
Jessimaaka likes this.
January 12th, 2014, 07:58 AM
welcome congrats on your adoption, its so close!! how exciting do you know if your new baby is a boy or a girl?

You sound like one busy mom caroline! i hope the girls activities dont end up being the same weekend!!!

January 12th, 2014, 04:45 PM
We had so many conflicts between hockey and dance. At least the drive between Guelph and Kitchener isn't too bad on weekends...hopefully it will be good weather if you do have to do some travel.

Welcome TaviaNSavannah! I am in the KW area Congratulations on your upcoming adoption! That must be so exciting!!!!!!

Jess
January 14th, 2014, 05:30 AM
So much black ice everywhere this morning. And we're supposed to get 2-4cm this afternoon...not looking foward to the drive home at all!

Friday I go back to McMaster...DH wasn't able to get the day off since he forgot so luckily my sister is able to come. My appointment is at 7:30 and I can't drop Cam off at daycare so we're bringing him, which is why I needed someone to come with me. I'm a little peeved that he forgot to request it off.

Jess
January 14th, 2014, 07:15 AM
boo on dh for forgetting!!! im glad your sister can come!

everything is soo icy here too, im glad it was warm and stuff melted but gosh i wish it would just stay warm, now i feel like im skating to get to my car

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search