*~*2014 Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yeah, I almost slid on the driveway carrying Cam to the car. DH would have had a heartattack if he saw lol. The sun is shining, it totally doesn't look like its going to snow.

And now my sister and I are going to make a day of it...maybe stop at Snugglebugz in Burlington, or head to Vaughn Mills (yes , I know, totally NOT on the way home hahahaha) but basically have an awesome day. I'm excited she can come instead of DH...that's so bad lol. And that she and Cam will be able to come in and see the baby!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 14th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
its nice here again too, i got some of the ice up off the walk way, so atleast thats safe now, the driveway is still pretty bad though

i hope you have a great day, i always spend way to much money at snugglebugz! I stop there pretty much everytime we visit the IL's

January 14th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Luckily we don't head that way often and I don't buy online unless I have to. If I lived closer, it would drain me lol.

Yeah minimal snow now. And my stroller is in the back of DH's truck still so we can't go for a walk unless he gets home at a decent time. So frustrating!

Jess
January 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM
i love online shopping! i think i love it more than normal shipping because i can do it in my jammies and no one will judge me

January 14th, 2014, 06:31 PM
I like to be able to see and touch lol. That said, I've checked things out instore, and then debated, and waited etc. and end up ordering online because I'm too lazy to go back out lol.

Like tonight. We have a Graco Snugride 30 from a Stylus Travel System. BRU does not carry that base anymore!!!!!! (I guess Graco changed the Click Connect system in 2013?) I brought my carseat in so I could try all the bases they have. And no go. So now I've contacted Graco directly as we want a 2nd base. SO frustrating! I can see it on Amazon.com for $49.99 but I don't think its compatible in Canada since we can't buy US carseats and bring them here to begin with. Not sure. Hoping I get some answers from them though!

Jess
January 15th, 2014, 04:47 AM
thats frustrating!! I dont think you are suposed to buy us seats and use them in canada, that being said the only difference is that it wont have the canada safety sticker thing on it, so it technically would work for your seat.

Hopefully graco will be able to sell you one directly, i hate when they change stuff over like that.

January 15th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Yeah, they didn't even have it as an option on their website...not cool! My friend has the same system, so I might see if I can borrow a base for 6 months (I know no accidents etc. and its just the base, not the seat) if things don't work out.

SUPER windy today...I could hear it whistling in my kitchen! DH and I have sore throats, and I think Cam does too...he got up at 5am this morning...but slept from 7pm-5am straight so I guess I can't complain too much. He whined in his crib from 5-6:45....I went in several times and tried bringing him in with me but none of it worked (he kept getting off the bed and running around our bedroom!). He's going to be one tired little boy today.

Jess
January 15th, 2014, 06:13 AM
hopefully your friend can lend it to you if you cant buy it.

windy here too! can it be spring now please

January 15th, 2014, 07:59 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This weather is giving me headaches something terrible. I am so ready for spring too.

My house has turned into meltdown central. I'm ready to give all my kids away to the lowest bidder. They are all driving me nuts and of course it's a PA day on Friday so I have them all home for a long weekend. This should be fun. I'm hoping a few attitudes change before then.

January 15th, 2014, 06:24 PM
ProudMommy2014's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone. I am new to the boards, nice to see some fellow Canadians I have two boys, ages 8 and 6, married for 9 years and we are on PEI
January 16th, 2014, 04:13 AM
i hope today is better caroline! i hate days like that!!

welcome

January 16th, 2014, 04:59 AM
It's our busy day with dance and ringette, they have no time to misbehave today. By the time we all get home it's bedtime and they are tired. Sometimes though I think they do things just to see if they can tick me off. They're good at it too!

Welcome ProudMommy! I love PEI, it's so beautiful out there!

January 16th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Welcome! I have family in PEI but I have never been there

Caroline, those are always the worst days...hope it goes as smoothly as possible!

Ugh. Sore throat still, at least the pressure headache is gone today. Its like Friday to me! I'm off to Hamilton for a follow up appointment tomorrow so have the day off

Cam's throat is bugging him too, we hung out for an hour at 1am last night. Good thing I went to bed before 9! I'll be doing the same thing tonight since we have to leave shortly after 6am to get there for my 7:30 appointment!

Jess
January 16th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Anyone have a money tree I can borrow? When I signed up for this dance thing I was told competitions were $20-$25 each, doesn't sound bad right? Until I realized that all the dues for memberships and all the competition fees are due all at once! The sad thing is I would have had the money for it all but our van broke down last week and our extra cash went to that. I really hate that money is such a big stress in my life.

January 16th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome ladies, as yes PEI is a beautiful place..we have been living here for almost 7 years now.

Caroline - If I had a money tree you could borrow it. That is a lot of money to pay up front.
January 16th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks ProudMommy. This is my younger daughter's first year of dance (she's 6) and we were planning on keeping it recreational until her teacher convinced me in November to put her in some competitions this spring. I also have a 10 year old daughter who plays ringette and wants to try out for the Provincial team this spring. My youngest is a 2 year old boy, thankfully he doesn't want anything expensive, yet. I'm currently a SAHM, but I'm in the process of looking to go back to work part time just to pay for the girl's activities.

As a side note, DD1 is going to Guide camp for a full week on March break with her unit. I'm all for it, DH is flipping out that she'll be away for that long.

January 16th, 2014, 11:55 AM
aww that is great. I am sure she will love being gone to camp and will have a great time.
January 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM
i bet she will have so much fun caroline! im the over protective one at our house, so im sure id freak like your hubby!

i wish i had a money tree, id totally share it

January 16th, 2014, 05:05 PM
How is everyone doing this evening
January 16th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Caroline, they should have some kind of payment plan thing...we did at our old studio because it can be a burden. You should ask. I was the competition team's accountant for one year and I dealt with that, it shouldn't be an issue.

I started going to GG camp at 6, it was 2 nights and 3 days. I think we switched to 5 nights and 6 days around 9 years old? I bet she will love it! Your DH is such a worrywart!!!!

The dog got excited and knocked Cam down the stairs today Luckily he was only 2 from the bottom but it scared the crap out of him and he just wanted to cuddle for 10 minutes....poor guy.

Almost bedtime here! Have to get up SO early tomorrow! I packed a diaper bag for Cam including clothes for tomorrow since I plan to just wake him up, change his bum, and leave him in his PJs and plop him in the car and hope he sleeps! And I made breakfast and snacks, which my sister will feed him while I'm in the appointment. So much planning. But we're stopping at Ikea on the way home...I haven't been there in FOREVER, I am super excited!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search