*~*2014 Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
good luck caroline!!!!

January 22nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
How's everyone's kids doing being cooped up again in this deep freeze weather?

I have no idea what I'm going to do all day next winter with Cam and a 9 month old. Pinterest and lots of planning!!!! lol

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 22nd, 2014, 03:33 PM
we go out still, most days, just bundled up really warm. We would all loose our minds if we didnt leave the house

January 22nd, 2014, 06:08 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I normally hibernate when it gets this cold, but it's supposed to stay super cold right until the beginning of February so I guess I'm going to have to give in and just bundle up and go out.

I'm both excited and nervous for my interview tomorrow. I impressed her the first time, I'm hoping I can impress her again.

January 23rd, 2014, 06:32 AM
Thinking of you this morning Caroline!

I'd be somewhat ok with it if Cam would be ok with mitts. He fights to get them off or screams when he can't. I'd be neglectful if I let him have no mitts Maybe next year when he's a bit older it will be better.

Jess
January 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
I got it!!! I have paperwork and online training to do and I have to go get my employment police check. I go back on Tuesday to take all the paperwork in and as long as the police check is in process, which it will be, I sign the contract and will start work!

So excited!! Slightly scared.
Jessimaaka likes this.

January 23rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
congrats caroline!!! that is so awesome

January 23rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
That's amazing Caroline! I'm so glad you found something!!!!!

What will you be doing with your DS while you're at work? So exciting for you guys!!!!!!

Jess
January 23rd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Since it's just part time my parents have offered to keep him, at least for now. If it turns into more full time then I'll have to find a sitter. I really can't wait to start this new chapter of my life.

January 24th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I'm so excited for you. Do you work half days? A few days a week? And he gets to spend time with his grandparents, that's awesome!

I enjoyed coming back to work after mat leave in that I was guaranteed adult conversation daily lol. I would love to do part time but with my background, there's not really any part-time positions on offer which sucks.

Drum roll please......last night was the 2nd consecutive night Cam slept 7-7 This is crazy, the 4th time in his life I think, and 2 nights in a row!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to feel better too and it might be because I'm getting more sleep. I am so happy today! And its Friday. Yay!!!!! Now if the weather would cooperate, it would be perfect!

Jess
January 24th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Awesome you got some sleep!!!

Is it super windy there too? We're getting really strong 80km/h winds and we're supposed to get a blast of snow overnight. I already don't like the wind and I'm not looking forward to the snow. I have to go grocery shopping in this mess, I've beiten putting it off all week and I can't put it off much longer.

My hours will depend on what the clients needs are. I may see one client each day or I may see 2 clients in one day and none on the next. Right now I'll be filling in for a lady going on holidays, then I'll start getting my own clients.

January 24th, 2014, 03:48 PM
yay for sleep Jess!!!

its so windy and cold here too, im beyond done with winter... less than 2 months till spring

January 24th, 2014, 05:42 PM
8 weeks today, not that I'm counting or anything. I'm really hoping spring comes early this year.

I did the paperwork for the police check today and have the receipt that it's in process, now I just have to do the training and the paperwork. I seriously feel like I'm back at school.

January 24th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Eeee! So exciting Caroline!

The wind is INSANE here. My poor little jeep was being blown all over the place! I was supposed to have a surprise baby shower in Woodstock tomorrow but 6 of the 9 ladies cancelled saying they wouldn't drive there in the weather we are expecting. So we have to reschedule. Which sucks. At least it was supposed to be a surprise so the girl doesn't know we had to cancel. We've decided to combine with the shower her mom is throwing in March instead. So now I have a giant baby bath and baby towels etc. sitting in my front room lol. For the next 6 weeks.

Jess
January 24th, 2014, 08:01 PM
We're supposed to be going to Tillsonburg for ringette and then to Woodstock for dance tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see if we're able to get either of those two places.

January 25th, 2014, 07:58 AM
its really awful here! If youre traveling today caroline, i hope you have safe travels, its not nice at all out there!!!

January 25th, 2014, 08:13 AM
The Stratford dance already got cancelled before this storm, and I got a call early this morning that our Tillsonburg game is cancelled. We're still playing the wait and see game for Woodstock tonight. It's supposed to clear up this afternoon and hopefully the snowplows will be out so we can get there. It was really nasty earlier, we live 20 minutes from DHs work and it took him almost an hour to get home this morning.

On a side note, my DS who I thought was getting better spent from 3am - 5am throwing up every half hour and now he has the runs. Don't get me wrong, he hasn't pooped in 3 days so I'm happy he's not backed up anymore, but this is a bit excessive. Oh and now he's mad at me because I told him he was too sick to go outside and play in the snow with his sisters.

January 25th, 2014, 11:16 AM
It wasn't nice this morning, its not as bad now, hope you get to go the Woodstock one!

And hope your DS feels better soon! Hope he's just getting it out of his system now.

Cam slept through again last night!!!!! 3 for 3!!!!! But he had a big poop in the middle of his nap this afternoon so I don't think he will today since the rest of the week he napped 2-2.5 hours...today was 45 minutes. It was too good to be true!

Jess
January 25th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Well we got to Woodstock and back. DD2 did awesome! I was so worried she was going to get stage fright, but she got up there and just danced her little heart out! She did 3 dances and had so much fun. I'm a proud mommy tonight.

January 26th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Awwww, yay!!!!! So glad she did so well, it can be SO nerve wracking!!!!! You deserve to be a proud mama

So today, for the first time ever, I price matched at Real Canadian Superstore. HOLY COW! I am going to do that every time now!!!!! I seriously saved like $30ish this week on stuff I always buy. If you can take the time to plan for it, DO it! That adds up over the year! I'm kind of a nerd, I'm telling everyone to hahaha.

And then this afternoon, we went on a search for bedding for DS. I had found some at Target a couple weeks ago, but wanted to see what else was out there. Not much apparently!!! So we went back to Target and the sheet set was on clearance for 6.89!!!!! Down from $23. Amazing. He has two beds in his room (will be bunk beds when he gets older), so I had to buy two. I get to the front, and they're actually an additional 50% off!!!! So $3.44 for a twin sheet set (fitted, regular and 1 pillowcase). And then the comforters were $30 each and not on sale but that's ok. I am amazed! His room is finally coming together, we just need a dresser now

On that note, he fell asleep on DH last night, so we just moved him to his big boy bed, which just had comforters on it, no sheets lol. But he slept there till 4am!!!! He woke up confused as to where he was, but DH crawled in with him and he went right back to sleep. No fighting which has been our issue with the crib lately, so I think it is his time to be moved, so now I don't feel so bad

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search