*~*2014 Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my babies keep getting bigger, my oldest was 6.3, my middle 7.14 and my youngest 8.8, that being said i went about a week longer each time (38+6, 40+1 and 41 weeks) so had they all been born at the same gestation (give or take a few days) i think they would have been similar in size

February 11th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Yeah the nb stage with Cam was such a blur for me last time.
I just got out of the nb stage not that long ago and am still totally exhausted by it!

But now at almost 7 months, Marcos is entering that stage where his little hands are everywhere and wanting to touch everything he's not supposed to. He could have 10 toys around him but what he really wants is my purse strap, the tv remote, the nearby electrical cord, etc... It used to be that we'd move it away and he'd just forget about it within 2 seconds but in the last 2 weeks he's gotten very persistent about getting his way. I feel like I need an extra pair of eyes and ears, and he's not even crawling or walking yet!
February 12th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I found more baby proofing at that stage than when he started crawling or walking lol. We already kept lots off the floor and out of the way because of our puppy though lol.

Cam is 18 months today, where has the time gone!!!!

Poor guy, I thought DH was going to cut his nails last night. But he didn't. And Cam woke up with 2 more scratches on his face...whoops, poor guy!

-39 this morning. Awesome. Hope this the end of the deep freeze. I cannot get over this winter!
sweety_pie likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
awww 18 months already!!! happy half birthday cam

i was just checking to forecast and it looks like its supposed to warm up from monday - the end of the month, not spring warm but highs of 0 to -5 warm, which i will take!!

February 13th, 2014, 06:40 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got a couple of steady shifts! They don't start until the first week of March, but I'm very excited. At least it's 2 days a week, that's a start.

I can't wait for warmer weather! I know we don't have it as cold as some, but waking up to -25 is not my idea of fun.

February 13th, 2014, 09:24 AM
thats great caroline!!!

February 13th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
So I went to "Baby Time" at my local library branch with Marcos today. They do little songs and read stories with puppets and stuff, Marcos was the smallest one there but he seemed pretty engaged.

It was interesting seeing the type of people there. I am middle-class but I live literally one street away from Forest Hill, which is one of the richest neighbourhoods in Canada. Nelly Furtado, Dion Phaneuf, Kurt Browning, Drake, Margaret Atwood, etc... apparently they all own homes in that area.

So at baby time, there were all these moms accompanied by their Phillipino nannies (yes, they have nannies even though they are SAHM). One of them was offering a baby music program at her house, which is great, but it's awkward explaining that $13 per 40/min session is out of my budget. I'm sure it's peanuts to them. So I just mumbled something about Marcos being a bit too young, which is even more awkward because then she was like "Oh, they're never too young for that!" I suppose it's better than saying "Well, you see, I live the OTHER side of the street..."
February 13th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Yay Caroline!!!!! I can't wait to hear how things go for you

We do babytime at our library as well, its free here I've made some friends from ours and recommend it to all my friends on mat leave.

My lower back is in SO much pain. Baby is definitely posterior and putting pressure on my spine. I'm getting pretty frequent BH, and that just intensifies the pain. I left work early today to go home and lay down. It was actually making me dizzy and a bit nauseous. It wasn't too bad after eating and having a nap but its starting up again. I can't imagine 7 more weeks of this. I'm going to be doing lots of spinning babies to get him/her to shift. But I have an anterior placenta so guessing he/she will just flip back.

Jess
February 14th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Happy Valentines day ladies! Anyone have any fun plans for the evening

February 14th, 2014, 07:12 PM
DH is working night shift. I just washed a whole bunch of green and yellow nb and 0-3 clothes! And rolled over our tax file and entered in the info we already have for 2013. Such an amazing night LOL.

Anyone have any plans for Family Day (for those that have it this coming Monday)? I am thinking of getting standing room tickets for the local OHL game (mainly because I know Cam won't sit still so no point in getting actual seats LOL).

Jess
February 15th, 2014, 12:14 PM
no plans here, i totally forgot it was even a holiday until today.... i will probably just clean and do laundry.. so boring LOL but Dh will be home to entertain the kids so i can actually get stuff done instead of having to clean things in 5-10 minute shifts all day

February 15th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Both DH and I have the day off. So exciting He wasn't sure until yesterday if he'd be off.

Its so weird that like 5ish years ago, we didn't even have this holiday in Ontario Its good timing because everyone's so sick of winter and a long weekend is just what is needed to break the monotony.

Jess
February 17th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
On Friday, my sister and BIL came down from Ottawa and my parents from Sudbury. Unfortunately my BIL started feeling sick so they left on Saturday evening. I'm hoping that we don't catch whatever it is that they had.

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom and got a few articles of clothing for when I go back to work in July. I had needed new clothes for a long time but had delayed it because I was trying to get pregnant and knew I'd end up needing maternity clothes instead. Plus I didn't know if I'd be back to my original size after the pregnancy.

Then after that my parents babysat Marcos while DH and I went on our first "proper" date since June!!! We went all out and had surf & turf at The Keg, it was pretty awesome.

My parents left this morning so it's just going to be a day of cleaning up and doing chores. We are not going anywhere today. One time on family day we made the mistake of going to the Ontario Science Museum and we could not believe the amount of kids running around. It was impossible to enjoy.

Oh, and we TRIED to go to the new Ripley's Aquarium near the CN Tower... ladies, do NOT go there with your kids on a weekend unless you plan on standing in line for about an hour or more. It was mayhem and we ended up turning around and going back home cause the line started outside (it was freezing out) and there was no way I was waiting that long with Marcos in the stroller. I've heard that even people from out of town buying tickets in advance were having problems getting inside in a timely manner because the place is usually at full capacity. You'd think they'd give priority to those who purchased tickets in advance but apparently that's not the case and there have been many complaints.
February 19th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
It's been quiet here these last few days. I guess everyone is busy?

I've been dealing with a cranky baby since yesterday. I think Marcos' first teeth are finally piercing through the gums and he is not a happy camper. The only time he's not whining is when I let him chew on a cold washcloth (he likes it more than the teething rings).
February 20th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone

Expecting some heavy rain today... Anything is better than snow!!!

I'm 15w5d and been feeling small flutters for about two weeks.... Definitely makes it all feel real

On another note... Me and insomnia are great friends..
February 20th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Sorry I haven't been around. A sickie little non-sleeping boy was keeping me away. I was working half days and my sister was helping watch him and then he was up every 45 min or so all night. Awesome at 33 weeks pregnant!

But he's finally better so I'm at work and had a chance to pop on!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Yay for teeth! Hope they give him some relief soon!

And yay for flutters! I never really felt them either time, that's so cool!

Jess
February 21st, 2014, 08:45 AM
Worst night ever. Up every half hour with Cam. Not cool.

Anyone else pumped for the hockey game starting soon???

Jess
February 21st, 2014, 09:18 AM
And bonus....a bump pic!

Jess
February 21st, 2014, 10:20 AM
Super Mommy
I hear ya, Jess. I also had a terrible night. Marcos woke up at 4:30am and wouldn't go back to sleep. It's now 1:15pm and I'm totally exhausted.
February 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi guys. It's a tournament weekend for us. Game Thursday evening at 6:30, game this morning at 8:30 and this afternoon at 2:30 then again tomorrow afternoon. Oh and they are all in a town a little over an hour away. Dh has been working so I'm doing it on my own. I'm so tired. Not like you guys who have babies keeping you awake, but just from driving and running around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search