Do you support the war in Afghanistan?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you support the war in Afghanistan?
yes 7 20.59%
no 20 58.82%
other 7 20.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
mrobinson
Canada divided as losses Mount

Now that we've had a second major incident of the US bombing and killing our troops, do you still think it's worth it? The article I listed talked more about the politicians views but I was wondering what you think?

~~~~~~~

(I support us being there, despite the friendly fire attacks... )
September 7th, 2006, 06:49 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
I voted other.....my DH knew one of the men killed in the "friendly" fire bombing.
September 7th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
Because we committed to it long before Harper was in, I believe we should continue to be there...I would love to see a more peace keeping role rather than a combat role, but it doesn't always work that way....

Its a horribly complicated situation...

If I'm not here, find me on that other website
September 7th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
I voted other.

1) I do not support this war.
2) I DO support our troops
3) I too also lost a friend in the friendly fire accident
4) Even though I support our troops and do not support this war - I do not believe we should just quit and leave, its too late for that. It will make Canada look like a failure and the taliban will feel like they "won" against us.

My DH is in the Canadian Forces, and this topic is big in between us Military spouses

September 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM
mrobinson
Bumpty, bump, bump!
September 14th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I don't support the war. I won't debate it though, I get too emotional I BAWLED when Bush got re-elected, everyone knew what was going to happen.

</div>
September 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
I BAWLED when Bush got re-elected, everyone knew what was going to happen.[/b]
I cried too.. Really. I was naive thinking there is no way this will happen again.. I was upset about it all and still don't completely understand it.
September 14th, 2006, 09:30 PM
mrobinson
Can I ask you girls.. do you think the lack of support for the Afghan war is because it's spearheaded by the US and because of their Iraq/WMD fisaco, Canadians want to distance themselves away from the US on a global basis?

(I ask because I was wishing for a reason to disband the Taliban before 9/11.)
September 15th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love if we were trying to distance ourself from the US, but I don't know if that would ever happen. My US friends keep joking about us becoming the 51st state, and I'm afraid someday that might be true.

</div>
September 30th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
it's funny I was just about to make a post about this.

and I do not support this war, nor any war at all. I believe Canada has no buisness in this, what did the Iraqians ever do to us??

September 30th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
We aren't involved in Iraq If you mean Afghanistan - don't forget that they killed a bunch of Canadians too. We are fighting to give more freedom in that country. Have you seen the living conditions (not physical) that the women and children have to live through? I think if anyone where in those shoe's they would be hoping that someone would come to help.

I was in a cab not long ago, and the cab driver was from Afghanistan. He noticed I was a military wife. And he thanked me over, and over again for the sacrifices our spouses do, and for making a huge difference in his country, and for him and his children and family. That meant so much!

As well, we are allies with the US. If we ever needed them for anything - they would be the first people to help us out.

Anyways, Im not trying to debate anything

October 1st, 2006, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
not the war but i support the troops.
I come from a military family.
we've got the magnet on our cars.
I knew one of the guys killed his name was Myles Mansell.

October 2nd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Quote:
We aren't involved in Iraq If you mean Afghanistan - don't forget that they killed a bunch of Canadians too. We are fighting to give more freedom in that country. Have you seen the living conditions (not physical) that the women and children have to live through? I think if anyone where in those shoe's they would be hoping that someone would come to help.

I was in a cab not long ago, and the cab driver was from Afghanistan. He noticed I was a military wife. And he thanked me over, and over again for the sacrifices our spouses do, and for making a huge difference in his country, and for him and his children and family. That meant so much!

As well, we are allies with the US. If we ever needed them for anything - they would be the first people to help us out.

Anyways, Im not trying to debate anything [/b]
oops my mind was on something else while I was writing ... sorry

October 3rd, 2006, 07:27 PM
mrobinson
Quote:

Anyways, Im not trying to debate anything [/b]

October 11th, 2006, 11:44 AM
mrobinson
Trembling in fear behind the burka

((Just to anyone against the war...))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search