Update on my gramma

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2006, 07:21 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well She has been moved to her own private room in the hospital. They are trying to find her a nursing home cause shes stubborn and doesnt want help doing anything, but she needs it. her strenght is still just not the same anymore...
She was being rude... this is a portion of the email from my grandpa
"Grandma’s private room move is also a good move because her topic of conversation was very, very uncomfortable for us. She wanted to tell us about the other three patients in her ward as well as talk about their visitors. And you know her focus – age, weight, wrinkles and any other flaws that she perceives. It was not going over too well with people as everything Grandma said could be heard throughout the room. And I haven’t even touched on her comments about color, race, culture, nationality, or gender of the staff. I’ve spoken to her several times about the inappropriateness of this but to no avail."

So... thats that so far!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
October 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM
mrobinson
I'm glad to hear that she has moved if it's better.. It's hard on a person to have to be dependant.. You know how independant you are now, imagine losing all that? It's a really tough adjustment. I hope the whole family has some patience.. Good luck.
October 18th, 2006, 08:09 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah she hasbeen refusing a wheelchair for years now althought shes broken her hips three times and it takes her like 30 minutes to walk to the front door from the car... so she will need to be placed in one now we think. depends what the doc says

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search