Calling all Canadian Mommies!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That debate is really fun. The women on this board have posted some really good questions and responses.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
October 24th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's sad that debate got closed. It was really interesting.
Also - Jodi, mind if I ask what area you were talking about when you said it was clean? I'm curious. I don't find this city very clean at all.

October 25th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I use to live in Sudbury (1989-2000 - Heritage and LU grad) and you are right its not that clean. The occasional strong odour of sulfur when they over do it at the smelter doesn't make for very clean or fresh air either. Though in comparison to the American cities I visited Sudbury is pretty clean, and there is so much more greenery and fresh water lakes too.

That's my two cents worth.

October 25th, 2006, 07:14 AM
mrobinson
I think Calgary can have some pretty nasty smells too. (Thank goodness we have a place to chat about this!)
October 25th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's too bad the thread was closed, I think people were getting more comfortable asking questions.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
October 25th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No I'm not a Minnow Lake girl. While in Sudbury I lived in a few different areas; while in highschool I lived just west of downtown (last set of lights before heading to Chemmy and Azilda) and then we moved to the area near the four corners, while in University I lived at UofS mostly and was off campus in the Moonglo subdivision near the former Four Points hotel. My mom lived in Copper Cliff for awhile and that is where I smelled the sulfur the worst.

The reason I went to l'Heritage is that I wanted to attend a French catholic school and Notre Dame was packed full and since I wasn't originally from Sudbury they kind of looked down their noses at me. Those nuns I tell you. Now l'Heritage doesn't exist its now Sacre Coeur and is located on Notre Dame Ave. instead of Second Avenue. The new school was built where the annexe use to stand.

There are a few people in the Valley that I still know and keep in contact with. People from the valley tended to be far mellower in my experience and they all knew how to party.

October 25th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It would be funny if we knew some of the same people. Actually one couple is coming to Gatineau this weekend for our Halloween party. Okay they don't live right in the Valley, they are living in Capreol...but I guess its all part of the amalgamated Greater Sudbury anyway right.

You are so right, Sudbury is very different depending on what part of town you are in.

Its all good if you aren't mellow, if everyone was then not much would get done now would it.

October 25th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess when I said I didn't find it very clean I wasn't really thinking about the Valley. I lived there for a few years and I found it so much better than right in town.
What I'm thinking about when I say it's not very clean is the condition of the downtown area, and of the majority of parks and playgrounds (not just the downtown ones). I'm having a lot of trouble finding a decent one to bring Jas to. Between the broken glass, dog...umm...droppings and the fact that the stray cats use the sand as one big litterbox. It's pretty disgusting to me.
I do know that it is clean compared to some of the bigger cities but it could be a lot better. I can live with the sulfur smell but I'd like to be able to let Jas run around without worrying about the things I mentioned.

October 25th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That I totally understand. I wasn't frequenting parks much when I lived there as I had no children and only visited my mom and half brother on rare occasions (my university took precedence). I think the amalgamation hasn't worked to the benefit of parks and recreation, nor is it working for the outlying areas...the Valley, Chemmy, Azilda, Wanapitae, etc. as the services (snow removal, etc) has really suffered from what I've heard from relatives and friends.

October 29th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Mommy3X's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol My husband is Canadian and you know when he met me he thought I would have all of these stereo types of Canadians in my head and actually I had never heard any of them before...maybe cause I live in WA and we share a border?? Maybe cause as a kid I traveled to BC frequently?? Who knows...I think most Canadians just think American's have this set idea about Canadians from what the Molson Commercials portray lol In fact my hubby was shocked that I am not loud, opinionated and abrasive!

November 1st, 2006, 11:43 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Dang, sucks that it was closed, I just found the thread and would have loved to added to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search