Remembrance Day

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did anyone go to any ceremonies for Remembrance Day?

We went to Armstrong BC to the centopaph (sp?) to show our respect. Our nephew is in Cadets as well, and that's where he was supposed to be (a town about 10 mins away), so we went to where he was.. The weather was beautiful, and there was a nice turn-out for it.

I always get so teary eyed when I'm at those, looking at the faces of those old war veterans. We have no idea what kind of horror they saw, the things that sooo many of them lived through, and how many friends and family they lost. I feel a deep sense of awe when I see them, because their life at my age, is so different than the one we live today.

We are so fortunate...

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
November 11th, 2006, 06:22 PM
mrobinson
That's a beautiful post Deena.. That's how I feel too. I was a sea cadet as a teen.. Today was the first ceremonies I've missed in 15 years.. (I was at the doctor's confirming I'm pregnant.) I felt humbled to be able to have the luxeries I had today because of them... ((tears))
November 12th, 2006, 08:29 AM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
I also went to a ceremony as we do each year. I think it is important to teach our children about the importance of this day and the reasons behind it.
My son is in Scouts (cubs) and they are a part of the parade each year.
November 12th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
DH was supposed to be at the parade here in Nova Scotia (hes in the military) but we all came down with Norwalk in this house this week so the military doctors dont want him doing anything. If it werent for Norwalk we would have done - its so important to teach our children

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search