Advice please, I'm perplexed

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2006, 07:52 AM
tim_horton's Avatar Veteran
Any input would be appreciated. I am perplexed!

I am supposedly 21 weeks along.

Both times that I saw my midwife she said that my womb is very big. (I am hardly showing, but the top of my womb is about 3 inches higher on my belly than it should be). She thinks that either I'm a month ahead (actually 25 weeks instead of 21) or maybe it's twins.

Neither of those possibilities seem realistic to me.

I doubt that I'm a month ahead because:

1. My last period was normal, and I remember the exact day it came.
2. I was in Europe for 3 weeks, and then I got my period as soon as I got back. (my man was not in Europe with me).
3. When I had my ultrasound at 16 weeks, the technician said the baby looked a little on the small side.

However, I did start feeling regular movement at 12 weeks, which is really early.

Also, I doubt that it's twins because:

1. I hardly even look pregnant
2. They only saw one baby in the 16 week ultrasound
3. We only hear one fetal heartbeat
4. Usually I only feel movement in one place. (sometimes I feel a kick up high and a kick down low, but I figure he's just stretching out and spinning around).

Things just aren't adding up. Anyone had any idea what could be going on here? Could I just have a super-sized placenta??
November 17th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Could be, or your placenta could be at the front which is why I was always measuring 2-3 weeks ahead

November 17th, 2006, 10:01 AM
mrobinson
I don't have much advice so I'm sorry I can't add much..

I do want to say and you have the coolest username!
November 17th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My placenta is stretched all the way across the front of my abdomen, but I haven't had any comments about an irregular-sized womb or a small baby. I agree with your take on the twins suggestion, if you had an ultrasound at 16 weeks, they should have been able to tell you for sure whether or not it was twins because they should have been able to see 2 fetal poles, if not 2 heartbeats.

Click here to read something that might give you a little more information. It's a medical question and answer site where a woman asked if having a large womb would affect her next pregnancy.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
November 26th, 2006, 10:24 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am measuring a full month ahead, have been measuring consistently ahead for quite some time, but the early U/S was right and my EDD has remained the same. My MW says I simply have an "ample" womb, LOL.
November 27th, 2006, 09:19 AM
nat81
I always measured 2 weeks ahead with DD and I am measuring bigger with this pregnancy as well... For me it's big babies ! My DH is 6'2 and his brother is 6'6! I'm only 5'4 though...
DD ended up being 8lbs 2oz and pretty long as well
November 29th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I have my ultrasound tomorrow and that should give us a more definitive sense of what's going on.

I am so excited to see my little guy (or girl).
December 3rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
chlodoll
I think traveling can throw your body out of wack. Its possible you were pregnant before hand. I hope you got some answers!
December 7th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Update:

My midwife received my ultrasound and looked it over. Our dates were right on, and there's only one little cutie in there.

I guess I just have a high womb - nothing more.

Thanks everyone
December 7th, 2006, 08:45 AM
mrobinson
Great update girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search