Help

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2005, 06:53 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're that far along the doctors will know for sure. I would trust when they say you are due. Since this is your first baby you will be very small for awhile,, and with the breasts leaking it depends on the person, yes they can leak this early,, but for other people they never leak.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

July 19th, 2005, 06:55 PM
MrsSandraB's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by Pheonix@Jul 19 2005, 08:47 PM
Okay so I read somewere and also posted somewere but cant find it. By week 22 your breast are sappose to be leaking? I dont get it.. I have been showing no signs of being so far along.. I'm tiny and my boobs dont leak. I can hardly feel the baby move. Could the docs be wrong? Any responses please. I think it might help me out a bit..
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Not at all - I'm 38 weeks and I've never had leaky boobs. Some people do and some don't. I also understand this has no bearing on your ability to breastfeed. Don't worry - I have small boobs too and they haven't grown much during the whole pregnancy. Nothing to worry about.
July 19th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I don't know, I just think you should trust your doctor on this one,, my friend who just had a baby 7 weeks ago didn't even look pregnant until she was 7 months pregnant and even at the end of her pregnancy she looked like an average person would be at like 5 or 6 months. Her baby was still well over 8lbs though

July 19th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pheonix@Jul 19 2005, 09:07 PM
Nah my boobs are huge. If I dont sit up straigh they touch my tummy. I hate my boobs being this big. Anyways I talked to my boyfriends mom and she said that he boys were huge when she was prego. With her first boy they were like two months off because he grew so fast in her tummy. But on the outside of her tummy she was still tiny.. But I would show you how tiny I am and then you guys would understand.. I'll try to find a picture of some one else that looks about the same size as me.. Its just wierd how tiny I am... Even his mom thinks so
[/quote]

Oh - you meant your belly is tiny? LOL Sorry I misunderstood. My girlfriend had a very very tiny belly and didn't gain weight until her last trimester. I thought it was very strange and wondered if something might be wrong but it was the way she carried the baby - all tucked in and she gained 23lbs the last part of it. I on the other hand gained 30lbs all in the beginning and levelled off for the last part. Totally opposite. She just had a very healthy boy last week! I think it's normal too - some ladies are tiny and some are HUGE.
July 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pheonix@Jul 19 2005, 09:29 PM
Okay that makes sense then.. I feel a little better. Well I think the baby is tucked away pretty good then. But it might be a small one as well. I've only gained about 15 pounds and I keep losing weight. I think this week I lost 5 pounds. But I could just be losing the weight off my butt
[/quote]

I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't mind if I sent you the link to her "Belly Button" site - look at how SMALL she is and then just grows at the end:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~cassis/BELLY%20BUTTONS.htm

(this should make you feel better) LOL
July 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Mine did not leak last time although they are a bit this time. Just goes to show that every pregnancy is different! And I carry very LARGE lol people are always asking me if I am sure there is only one baby in there By the time I hit 9 mos I am roughly the size of a house, a big house LOL

July 19th, 2005, 08:34 PM
lol to the house. . .
I have noticed stuff but I don't know if it is me leaking,, its more like a thicker goo,, lol that sounds gross

July 19th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Christa--> Also, I have always thought that Elle was older,, but shes the same age as Raeya,, she has pretty long hair by the looks of it!! or maybe Raeya's just seems shorter because its all curls!

July 19th, 2005, 08:45 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
You don't always have leaking breasts, I am about 24 weeks and I haven't leaked yet.

As for belly size, some women never appear pregnant and have good sized baby, it has no bearing on size or healthiness of the babe.

I assume you have your dates by ultrasound, then I would trust that as accurate.

And one more thing, if you say 6 months pregnant, you have to realize you have another 16 weeks left (you are due a few days after me), so you have 4 more months. You are just over halfway and a lot of women don't show at this point.

July 19th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
belly size doesnt mean much..
not a word of a lie i know a woman who was so tiny even at fullterm she could wear a fanny pack and it would cover her bump.

July 19th, 2005, 08:52 PM
yeah I would like to be showing some,,, so people didn't think I was making it up lol

July 21st, 2005, 04:04 PM
Super Mommy
I get absolutely enormous when prego - not that I am a teeny little peanut to start with!! I am just over 14 weeks and already have a pretty good sized belly.

My sister on the other hand is 35 weeks and has just recently gotten to the point where people are no longer wondering if she has just put on chubb or is pregnant.

I never leaked before I had my daughter. Once my milk came in though, there was no stopping it. I couldn't go anywhere without breast pads, had to sleep on a towel at night, squirted when babies cried.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search