Question

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2005, 06:30 AM
MrsSandraB's Avatar Veteran
So, i'm getting induced this Tuesday morning...I'm nervous that it's going to be very intense.

Can those who have been induced share your stories with me so I know what to expect please?

I hear alot of things about pains sooo close together that you have no time to breathe between them, being restricted to the bed for the whole time, that a nurse has to sit next to your bed at all times (where is the privacy?).....tearing due to the intensity.....so many other things. Is this typical of all who are induced?

Stories please and thank you.

Appreciate it.
July 23rd, 2005, 07:39 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an easier time being induced than with my other pregnancies and going into labour naturally..I didn't find the contractions as bad..they ARE regular and most women do say they are intense but honestly my contractions hurt more when I went into labour on my own..When your are in labour ..just try and relax when you are having contractions cause if you tense they do hurt more..just keep your breathing calm and it really helps if when you are contracting to focus on something..I was mentally picturing a burger..I guess the gestational diabtetes and not having eaten in so long made me think of things I hadn't eaten in soo long

When I went in I was 3 cm 50% effaced ..this was 100pm ..They started the antibotics for the group b strep .. and i was contracting and losing my plug before they started the pitocin at 330..(70% effaced) 630 my ob broke my water gave me the ohther round of antibotics(100% effaced) 1000 pm I was 5 cm and decided I wanted the epi..had it within 5 mins(for me getting the epi was far worse than labour) and by 1056 pm Isaac was born w/1 push..( he was 35 weeks gestation so he tiny..)

I hope you don't have a hard time with the induction..for me it wasn't that bad at all..Good luck..

July 23rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
I got induced with my son. They first gave me the gel, it can take a few hours for it to work. They put it in me at noon, and by 5pm I was having contractions that felt like period cramps. They would only come on though, when I was walking. So DH and I walked the hallways a lot, so labor would hurry up.
Then at 8pm I was in bed, and went to re-arrange my pillow's and my water broke. From there on end, the contractions were more painful, but tolerable. It remained that way for a few hours, the contractions hurt, but I was fine once they were over. As long as I kept on moving, and having back rubs, and going into the shower at the hospital, it helped. Then once I hit around 7or 8cm's they became a lot more painful, during contractions Id cry, and make noises Ive never heard. I kept telling everyone I wanted medicine, but then once the contraction was over, I changed my mind retelling myself over and over again, "Its best for the baby's health not to". To me, they felt like the worst period cramps ever with really sharp pains. But DH kept reminding myself it wouldnt be long, that doing this naturally was best for the baby and he would be out soon.

He was born 6 hours later, with only 3 pushes. The midwife said because I walked about 99% of the time in the room, it helps.

HTH!

July 23rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my friend was induced thursday night for the first time and her baby didnt come until Monday after 4 cervidil insert thingies..

July 23rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
I have to say my induction was awesome! I know they are not for everyone and maybe I was lucky or something but it went great. I came in and they started by breaking my water and seeing if that brought anything on....it didn't LOL So they started me on the pictocin drip and I had a moving IV so I could walk around and go the washroom, walk down the halls etc. Once the contractions started coming on strong I got Nubane by IV. It took away all the pain but I could still feel the contractions, once that wore off it got very uncomfortable as I was waiting for my epidural. So I have to say that was the worst 30 mins or so LOL but once I had my epidural it was great, I dilated faster and I was able to sleep. In no time at all I could feel the urge to push and when they checked me I was ready to go! So off I went, pushed a little over an hour and out came Elle. I required an episiotomy as Elle's head did not "cone" as most babies do Nope it was not budging. But it was only 3 stitches and I survived LOL Although everyone commented on her head when she came out saying how lovely it was I say try pushing that out LOL So I am hoping for a "coner" this time.

I was afraid of being induced as I did not know what to expect but after going through it, it went very well for me.

I am sure you will do GREAT!

July 23rd, 2005, 10:55 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Oh and btw I could hardly get a nurse in the room LOL They only came in when they had to. My sister and DH kept me company. So I had no privacy issue.

July 24th, 2005, 06:03 AM
MrsSandraB's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for your responses - I appreciate it.

Anyone else?
July 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was induced with my 3rd and my 4th.

With my 3rd I was 41 weeks and she was born 4 hours after starting the drip, and it was a little annoying in the beginning adjusting the speed of the drip, but it was no worse than my other labors and over quickly.
I induced with my 4th at 33 weeks, and that was not so much fun, but that's 2 months before the baby was done cooking, so that doesn't really surprise me.

good luck
July 24th, 2005, 08:45 PM
nat81
I was induced when I had my DD and it was not a good experience for me... My cervix was still as hard as a rock and I was not dialated at all... it was a lllllllllong process for me plus DD was "sunny side up" giving me back labor and making pushing that much more difficult. I sometimes wonder if it would have been better to wait. I was 10 days overdue when I was induced...

On a different note... my sister was induced since her water broke and she only had a 4 hour long labor and only needed to push for a half hour (unlike my 1 hour and 45 min.!!!)

Good luck to you!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search