Winter is Coming

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2005, 12:39 PM
BunnyBun's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to BunnyBun
Hi Ladies,
Just wondering if any of you have suggestions on where to get a good maternity winter coat without spending a small fortune? Toronto can get so cold in the winter! I know my current coat isn't come close to fitting in December!! Just wondering if anyone gets maternity coats? Or just plus size coats? I've been thinking of jsut keeping my eyes on the local thrift store for a nice plus size coats, sometimes you can find a real gem.

Just wondering what everyone else does?? I'm the first of my friends to have a baby, so I really lean on Just Mommies for advice! Thank goodness for JM!

</div>
August 28th, 2005, 03:54 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been wondering the same thing! It gets cold here very soon (as in October) so I'll probably need one by then. I think I'll just get a dress coat (like a pea coat) since I don't want to spend a fortune on a ski jacket.

I'd say we might have to wait a while for the maternity stores to get some more actual winter stock in, instead of just fall stuff. Let me know if you find one!
August 28th, 2005, 04:12 PM
chlodoll
The Motherhood Maternity in the Eaton Centre has some winter coats in! If they are well priced i dont know haha
August 28th, 2005, 05:22 PM
MamaBx3
Old Navy carries maternity coats!

Oh geez.. I never even thought of being pregnant in the winter.. I hope I can find something "cute"
August 28th, 2005, 07:06 PM
nat81
My mother-in-law lent me a winter coat she wore when she was a bit heavier... It worked for the months I needed it but by the end of the winter, it really started getting tight!!! I know what you mean though about not wanting to spend the $... coats are expensive wether they're maternity or not!

Good luck finding one!
August 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I always just wear a regular coat or one of Kirks. I am so hot that I dont need to zip it, just pull it closed seems to work.

August 29th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
I just used my DH's columbia sports jacket. I was due Dec 6, but our son came Nov 28th. We were in Kingston, it was quite chilly by then.

August 29th, 2005, 04:21 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
I would check Old Navy, even if they dont have a mat one they may have a plus size one and that would work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search