Patio/Christmas Lights...

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2005, 02:24 PM
mrobinson
I just put up some patio laterns, with a string of white Christmas lights because I know how soon the sun is setting, and I need to see in my backyard!

I got me thinking about an old girlfriend of mine that used to purposely put up her Christmas lights in the summer so she wouldn't have to in the winter!

Do you put your Christmas lights up before the snow?
September 16th, 2005, 03:12 PM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope

September 16th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Amandalulu's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We usually do it in Nov. before the snow falls. We used to put up icicle lights but now we do the greenery around the windows and no lights (we don't have gutters so they got full of ice). We did put a flood light in the base of our big tree but that just got cut down (dead). Oh yeah, and dh puts out our two deer so that they are secure in the ground instead of just the snow, but we don't put them on.
September 16th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Super Mommy
If we ever took them down in the first place, then I guess we would have to decide when to put them back up! LOL!!
September 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Veteran
My Fiance is such a Redneck...we have had our Christmas lights up since last christmas.

September 17th, 2005, 08:23 AM
mrobinson
LOL!! Ok then, I won't feel bad about not taking mine down!
September 20th, 2005, 06:35 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
We moved here last December, but we have lights and they will be hung in October. If you were to hang them any later in Fort McMurray people would think you are insane! It is way too cold to do any later, unless you hit a mild day, but they are rare.

September 20th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like to have my lights up by the last week of november, mostly they're up by the 10th or 15th of December.

I don't like my lights on my house all year, I want them off by March at the latest, but usually dh doesn't get around to it unill april.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search