How young were you?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2005, 09:23 AM
mrobinson
I just read on the TTC board that there are some girls trying at YOUNG ages... So I wondering when did you girls have your babies? Planned? Things you wish you had done with 20/20 vision? (I'm more asking that for myself!) Your thoughts?

I'm
September 22nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I was 2 weeks short of 22 when Sydney was born, she was a 'surprise' but very much wanted regardless.

As for what I wish I had known or done, I wish I had known I had a choice in birth, I could ask questions, I could say no. I didn't have to do what the Dr wanted, or I could have at least asked for clarification.

September 22nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
mrobinson
Thanks Brandy! I'll remember this for sure!
September 22nd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Amandalulu's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my first just before my 21st birthday, she was planned. All my kids were wanted and planned. Our birthdays run from March to July-planned that way...lol, not in order though.
September 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
nat81
I was 23 when DD was conceived and 24 when I had her... she was not planned.

I would read up more on breast feeding and on what happens when baby comes home! I did so much research on pregnancy and labor that I had forgotten about the most important thing !
September 22nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
plum's Avatar Veteran
I was 22 (and still am) when my daughter was born. 21 when she was conceived. And was not a planned pregnancy.
September 22nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
chlodoll
Mines still in my belly but I was 18 when we concieved and I am 19 now. Totally and completely unplanned but now eagerly awaited!
September 22nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
We were married in 2001 and did not start on the whole TTC until 2002. Our first was planned, but not in a way that we were actively TTC. We just stopped using birth control and waited on nature That took almost a year. I was 22 when I had Elle (turned 23 that year. This one was planned down to the month LOL I really wanted an October baby and I wanted the kids close in age since I never really had a connection with my sister's who are 5 and 7 years older. They had their own little clique already going when I arrived LOL and I was the odd "man" out all the time, so that definitely influenced my decision to have the kids closer in age in the hopes maybe there would not be such distance.

OK now for what I wish I would have considered...maybe three years apart would have been better LOL Elle seems to be at such a huge stage in her development and then there is the whole switch to the "big girl bed" and the ever so fun potty training (we are taking a break from that right now ) I am a little concerned about what it will be like when Emmett gets here. I have no second thoughts about the birth of Elle, for us the timing was perfect. I wish also with this one that I had gone back to work atleast part time as kids are so darn expensive! LOL I plan to go back once Emmett is weaned, but only 2-3 shifts a week when DH is home in the evening with the kids. None the less I am very excited to welcome our little man! He will be here in no time!

September 22nd, 2005, 12:15 PM
ZanderZone05's Avatar Veteran
i was 18 when Zander was concieved and 18 when i had him - a month and a day til i woulda been 19. he was half planned. lol. i was the one girl eager to get out of high school and start my life. i quit my high school my junior year, my dad home schooled me & i went to a community college to take general classes and other classes towards my career. my boyfriend (now fiance) really wanted to start a family - he was older - thats why i was interested. i didnt party or anything, i was ready to settle down. and the longer we stayed together i realized he was the one. we had tried for a few months and then we were like "well we should wait like another year and get a few more things figured out"... we were gonna get this tiny house to start off with and then after we hadnt tried anymore a month later i was preggo! and everything luckily fell into place. i didnt get to finish my college stuff, but my dad did get us both a job at a hog farm he managed, we both worked - i worked til my 5th month ... we got a huge house that came with the job ... all we pay for is gas! so that helped with only one income...i talked to my aunt about a job she did and i'm working at my own pace to begin doing medical transcription from my house. so it was half and half planned.

with 20/20 vision ... i'da done it all the same!! i'm ready for another one, if only we could afford it. but we're getting married in 2007, so after that ... it'll be a house full of babies!! i want a bunch ... my grandma had 6 kids, and i'm a lot like her! people tell me i'm crazy ... but my whole life has been family over career! my grandparents were 16/17 with their first ... my mom was 17 .. and on and on ... so i come from a family of young parents.
Got engaged December 2004.
We had Zander May 2005.
Then Izzie December 2006.
Tied the knot June 2007.
September 22nd, 2005, 12:36 PM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was pregnant at 17 and he was born a month and a day after i turned 18

September 22nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Originally posted by ChristaT@Sep 22 2005, 12:07 PM
I plan to go back once Emmett is weaned, but only 2-3 shifts a week when DH is home in the evening with the kids. None the less I am very excited to welcome our little man! He will be here in no time!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I think this approach is SO healthy for you and the kids!
September 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderZone05+Sep 22 2005, 12:15 PM-->
Quote:
i want a bunch ... my grandma had 6 kids, and i'm a lot like her![/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-ZanderZone05
@Sep 22 2005, 12:15 PM
people tell me i'm crazy ...
[/quote]

Whoa girl! Easy now - you're making the rest of look lazy!

Well, I hope you guys can get back to business soon! (Darcy and I had a small 5 person ceremony in our living room instead of the big white wedding. My only regret is we didn't do it in a warm, sunny place with sand between our toes!)

GREAT POSTS EVERYONE!!!
September 22nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Quote:
Originally posted by mrobinson@Sep 22 2005, 02:52 PM
* My only regret is we didn't do it in a warm, sunny place with sand between our toes!)
[/quote]

Me too! I had the big princess wedding and at the time that is what I wanted so I can't complain, however we never did get to go on our honeymoon we had just bought a new house and between that and paying for our wedding it never happened. Would have rather eloped to a resort with a white sand beach and wedding package LOL

September 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Veteran
I got pregnant @16 with my first DD, it was not planned but I wouldn't have it any other way, she made me grow up and I truly believe I am the person I am today because of her, my second DD was planned, she was born when I was 25, #3 is also planned, it's my husbands last chance to not be the only male in the house!

Kyla age 9
Brooklyn age 20 months
Our little boy due April 23, 2006!!

Christina & Dave married August 2, 2003
September 22nd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 21 when I got pg with my oldest and 22 when I had her.

Quote:
As for what I wish I had known or done, I wish I had known I had a choice in birth, I could ask questions, I could say no. I didn't have to do what the Dr wanted, or I could have at least asked for clarification.[/b]
ITA, I'd add that I didn't know I had a choice to not go with the dr I had for delivery.
September 22nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
20 when she was conceived 21 when she was born. shes a birth control baby but very loved.

September 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is still in my belly but he was pretty much planned. Conceived just after my 20th birthday so I will still be 20 when I have him.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

September 22nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
mrobinson
Great replies - anyone want to add the redo's/regrets/done differently?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search