More Gas Contraversy!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2005, 08:07 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

I am sorry but this makes me livid. My family is not considered low income even though we are absolutely strapped for cash with only one person working at our home, and I am not a senior, so I look at this as a big "screw you" to the so-called-middleclass. I often wonder why we work so hard to have the things we do as it seems pointless. After I have this baby I basically HAVE to go back to work. DH is doing the best he can but between all the bills and groceries even his paycheque can't cover it all. Why not help out all Canadians? We can't afford a higher home heating cost nor an increase at the pumps no more than any one in a low income home or a senior. Seriously just makes me want to scream, hormones aside. Sometimes I think why don't we both just sit at home on welfare

September 27th, 2005, 07:06 AM
mrobinson
Somedays I wonder why I work so hard as well. You really try to do the right thing but life keeps saying, we need more money... You screwed for working, and your screwed for not.... (((stupid government... supposed to help the people, not screw them....)))
September 27th, 2005, 09:09 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christa I feel the EXACT same way..it isn't hormones ..I am terrfied to see what our oil bill is gonna be this winter..and the NB government promised heating rebates to those who qualify..of get this a one time amount of 100-200..what the heck is that going to doto help us..IF we qualify we may get 100 ..and at the price of heating oil..that won't get you squat!!!!!!!!!

September 27th, 2005, 09:10 AM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is why I would be FOR Stephen Harper. Cut the gas tax and use your relief money to send to the municipalities. It's the same money... if they have extra for relief, they should be able to supplement the municipalities for it... everyone who buys gas should get the same break.
September 27th, 2005, 10:37 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Quote:
Originally posted by mrobinson@Sep 27 2005, 10:06 AM
(((stupid government... supposed to help the people, not screw them....)))
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
No freaking doubt! And it is so frusturating to me that there is basically nothing we can do about it. Each politician is worse than the next. Funny part is who do you think is paying their bills????? Do you know they have gas cards??? MUST BE NICE! Maybe they should not get paid so much and more of that money should be going into the system, now there is an idea!!!!

I am glad I am not alone in my thinking. The whole thing is just so frusturating.

September 27th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are any of you on budget plans for power and gas? We went on one as soon as we moved in this house. We pay the same amount each month instead of really high bills in the winter and low in the summer.

Another thing is what they deem as low income may be higher than presumed. Any time they offer rebates for low income we don't think we're going to get it and we do. It may not be as much as others but every cent counts.

If you can handle it, instead of going to work(where you'll have higher vehicle gas costs, insurance, childcare etc) take in a child or 2 to babysit. You can write off alot of your home expenses(mortgage, heating, gas, water, food, toys, cleaning supplies) and reduce your total income on your taxes(you can easily come up with business losses when doing childcare) making you more eligible for child tax and rebates.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search