Anyone famous from where you live?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2005, 11:32 AM
mrobinson
Can you think of someone from your area that became famous?

I grew up in Sylvan Lake. I think of Derek Morris! (He was one of the top draft picks, now plays on Colorado, I think. Darcy, more than me, knew his family really well because he was the ref at our local rink. I knew them too but as more acqenitance...)
October 13th, 2005, 02:40 PM
kbritt_lilgirl06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to kbritt_lilgirl06 Send a message via Yahoo to kbritt_lilgirl06
Lurking around and saw this post....Kid Rock Baby!!!!

Kelly

October 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM
nat81
I grew up in Sudbury, Ontario and Alex Trebeck (Jeoperdy) went to Lasalle High school there!
October 13th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Toban's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Remember Let's Make a Deal? Monty Hall is from here. Brett Hull spent some of his formative years here while his daddy (Bobby Hull) was busy being the golden jet. Randy Bachman, Neil Young, and The Guess Who, and Harlequin are all bands that come out of Winnipeg, too. Terry Fox also lived here for many years. Hmmmm. If I think of more, I'll edit my post!

And Chris Jericho from WWF - my cousins parked cars for all of his famous wrestling friends at his wedding a few years ago!
October 13th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Toban's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Jody@Oct 13 2005, 04:36 PM
the Trailer Park Boys, and Sydney Crosby (sp?) he went to Colharbour High whice is close to me.
Matt Mays & El Torpedo, a halifax band
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

My husband is a HUGE Trailer Park Boys fan - right from season 1.
October 13th, 2005, 06:24 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Aaron Lines and Natasha Henstridge both come from here (although Natasha was born in Newfoundland)

October 13th, 2005, 06:58 PM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
Pamela Anderson and Kim Kattrell... Not sure about Kim, but her parents live here. Pamela Anderson grew up here. Willie Mitchell (Plays hockey for the Minnesota Wild) grew up in Port McNeil which is about 2.5 hrs up the island from me. My SO lived there for years...

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
October 13th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
Fairly new to this city but I know that SUZI RAWN (canadian idol fame) is from Kamloops for sure!

If I'm not here, find me on that other website
October 14th, 2005, 06:56 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don Sweeney(hockey player--used to play for Boston Bruins)

October 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Originally posted by magilatuzzi@Oct 13 2005, 07:58 PM
Pamela Anderson and Kim Kattrell... Not sure about Kim, but her parents live here.* Pamela Anderson grew up here.* Willie Mitchell (Plays hockey for the Minnesota Wild)* grew up in Port McNeil which is about 2.5 hrs up the island from me.* My SO lived there for years...
[/quote]
When I went to camp for the summers, it was in Comox - where Pamela Anderson grew up... I wonder if her and I met by chance?
October 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM
mrobinson
Paul Brandt! (now that I'm in Calgary!)
October 14th, 2005, 12:09 PM
chlodoll
Well I am in Toronto so I am sure there are alot. My fiancee and Mike Myers went to the same highschool though (not at the same time!) and he is pretty funny so all his friends would always say you must have got Mike Myers old desk! haha Than he transfered schools and it was the school Jim Carey attended so the joke moved on to that he got Jim Careys desk!
October 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wendell Clark(Maple Leafs) is from my hometown Kelvington, SK. He's a egotistical jerk, imo. There are 6 hockey players from there, though not all made it to the NHL. Some only got to the farm teams.

In Lloyd there are a few current NHL players Dad's & Uncles in my dd's playschool. Cory Cross is the only one I can think of. His niece was in my dd's class last year.

On TSN, Darren Dutchyshen is from Porcupine Plain, SK which is 40minutes north of Kelvington and where dh is from.
October 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by brandybehr@Oct 13 2005, 07:24 PM
Aaron Lines and Natasha Henstridge both come from here (although Natasha was born in Newfoundland)
[/quote]

So is Scottie Upshall (Nashville Predators NHL). And Chris Phillips (Ottawa Sens NHL), although I think Chris moved here when he was a baby.
October 15th, 2005, 11:54 AM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
I am from the Comox Valley..... Just remembered Brett McLean is from here too.......went to school with him. (Chicago Blackhawks)

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
October 16th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
nelly furtado is the main one.. her parents still live next door to my ex boyfriend.. theyre very nice.. I like to think i was one of the first public people to know when she was pregnant.. they told us and swore us to secrecy.

October 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Originally posted by CanuckGal@Oct 14 2005, 01:04 PM
Michelle, I've heard nothing but amazing things about Sylvan Lake from my Western friends. They are still determined to get me out there to party one of these days. It sounds just like our Wasaga Beach.
[/quote]
LOL!! A hockey girl heard about SL, eh? From May long weekend to Sept long weekend it's beach volleyball and bikini's - for me hockey players from the hockey camps... partying and more partying.... There are some pretty ugly things too but if you're a tourist (terrorist) you'll just be working on your tan and having fun.. My parents still live there and my in-laws just moved out, to Red Deer (20 minutes away.) It's ok but I was glad to leave because the winters are BORING!!

Where's Wasage Beach? Let me know some details!!
Calgary - Jann Arden (anyone a fan?)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search