Are you ready...

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2005, 06:25 AM
nat81
I have Nicole's costume (she's going to be a flower ) and we're going to a pumkin poatch on Saturday to pick out our pumkin... then we still have to buy candy but I have no clue how much I should get since we are new to this neighborhood!!!
October 19th, 2005, 07:01 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the boys costumes..still need candy and to decorate

October 19th, 2005, 07:38 AM
MamaBx3
No little ones around here to buy costumes for!
However, my sister is 13 and she's going to a Halloween Party so my mom bought her Fairy wings on the weekend LOL
We've started loading up on candy - we get TONS of kids here.

We have our pumpkin, but we still have to get the indoor decorations up!
October 19th, 2005, 08:27 AM
mrobinson
We were invited to a halloween party but Darcy doesn't want to go. I don't think I will either. We've bought candy - I'm excited to in a place finally that has kids! I can't afford much so I think I'll wait for Nov 1 and get all the decorations on sale!
October 19th, 2005, 10:13 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
The kids have their costumes. I haven't bought candy yet or any pumpkins to carve, I will likely do that this weekend.

October 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Super Mommy
We have a costume for our daughter, have eaten most of the candy we bought and have put up a few decorations. We will be putting up some more decorations this weekend and likely picking up the pumpkins to carve. Oh yeah and some replacement candy....
October 22nd, 2005, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The kids have thier costumes. I haven't bought that much candy, because it ends up getting eaten ahead of time. I never really decorate for halloween. Even if I did, I don't think I would have gotten to it this year, at this stage of pregnancy I can barely keep up with the necessary stuff.
October 23rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no where close to being ready.

I make the girls costumes. tirza needs hers by Wed for Brownies and I only have it cut out. That's more than I have done for the other 2. Tirza is a witch, Asha and Nadia are princesses. It's the same pattern for all 3 and a really easy one I just need to do it. The material was bought over a month ago.

I have all the halloween candy ready to go. I buy it, then put it into halloween bags. That way I know which I can eat and which I can't.lol

I only have 2 halloween decorations. 1 I don't put up anymore becuase we usually have plastic over the windows by this time and they need to stick to the windows. The other is a witch that is up year round except for Xmas when it gets replaced by my wreath.

Pumpkins, I grow my own and am waiting for the last one to turn orange. I sell my extras at the farmers market. I did miniature pumpkins this year, but my biggest is the same size as the ones in the stores.lol

ETA, they had Alberta's 1st or 3rd largest pumpkin at the market lat week. It was 867lbs. The woman who grew it was killed in a car accident by a policeman a month ago. She also had Alberta's 1st or 3rd largest watermelon at 87lbs. One of the fruit was 1st the other was 3rd, I can't remember which was which.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search