Hi

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello. I've posted before, just not very often. My name is Evelyn. I'm mommy to Dominick born April 1st 2007.

I was wondering for the people that have found out the gender, did you have any problems? Where I live the only place to get ultrasounds is at the hospital and there are signs posted everywhere that say they will not reveal the gender of your child due to... actually I don't remember the word they used but either way they say they won't tell you. It has somthing to do with people aborting (on their own if they can't get a doctors help) if they weren't having the gender they wanted.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

February 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Julka
I've heard of hospitals not revealing the gender in both B.C and in Nova Scotia. I'm in Ontario and they do tell you here, if you request it.

What I heard though is that someone in B.C was trying to sue a hospital because they indicated baby is of a particular gender and then the baby turned out to be the opposite one. I never heard of it to do with abortions...
February 2nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Quote:
I've heard of hospitals not revealing the gender in both B.C and in Nova Scotia. I'm in Ontario and they do tell you here, if you request it.

What I heard though is that someone in B.C was trying to sue a hospital because they indicated baby is of a particular gender and then the baby turned out to be the opposite one. I never heard of it to do with abortions...[/b]
Thats what Ive heard as well..

Im not from BC so Im not 100% on that. Im from Alberta and you can find out the sexes here. But they wont give you a 100% for sure thats the sex that your going to have they can say 80% chance of a girl but I dont think that they will ever say 100%

February 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
To what the other girls said. I am from Ontario and they will tell you but it isn't a guarantee that they are right.
February 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
4boys
Here in Manitoba it is a little hit and miss. At my local hospital they absolutely will NOT tell you but that is for lawsuit reasons for if they are wrong. However in Winnipeg I think you can find out. There is also a new 3D clinic in Winnipeg that will tell you for sure but it costs money.
February 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I looked to see if there are and 3d places near me and theres a few in Vancouver so at least I know now and I can be prepared to make an appt at one of them when I get pregnant again. Thanks for all the input.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

February 2nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive had an u/s tech in Oshawa ont tell me that they dont tell genders because there are some people that will abort if its not the sex they want. How does that work??? You gotta be around 20 weeks to find out the gender, and you cant abort past 20 weeks. So that means there are actually women that carry their baby for THAT LONG then abort it???? Thats sick, no? Ok before I get TO upset.......

Its hit and miss for gender here. Only one OB in my city will tell the gender and he says he "thinks its a......". I had to see him on special request though. I really think its dumb for someone to sue cause its the wrong gender. Honestly, people looking for a free ride.

February 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
First off, welcome to the board Evelyn

I'm in Ontario and only if you ask will they tell you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search