:( grrrrrrr

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
So...I went to the gyno this morning. They called and switched my appointment on me so I had to go alone, without Steve. Oh well, he was home for lunch when I got back, so that was good.

Anyways...can you believe there is no change since last Monday? I was so mad I could cry! Oh well. He said a little bit more than 50% now, but not quite 75%. He said that the cramps and contractions I am having could speed up the process so maybe baby this week! But until then, he decided to go with my first and original due date which is October 28th. That means that if I go longer than that, we will talk about an induction at my next appointment on Halloween. He said they usually wait 7-10 days to induce... but since he is going to be away for a week starting on the 4th, which is a week from the due date, then he will most likely induce earlier in the week, as in the 1st or 2nd.

Bottom line: I think this new mommy will be sharing her birthday after all!

October 24th, 2005, 10:53 AM
mrobinson
October 24th, 2005, 11:05 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

October 25th, 2005, 06:17 AM
nat81
I know exactly how you feel hun!!! Nicole was 10 days late and I had to be induced... Every appointment I had before then, there was never any progress. I felt like I was going to be pregnant forever!!!

She never dropped (which is rare for a first time pregnancy) and my cervix hadn't rippened at all...

Good luck hun, hang in there and it will happen (if it hasn't all ready!!!)
October 25th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Super Mommy
I can relate! Being overdue sucks!! My first was 12 days late. I was induced at day 10 but nothing really happened (not trying to discourage you!!). My cervix was not thinning at all when i went in to be induced though. She didn't drop until I was in labour too....

If your cervix is already thinning, you might want to try all the old-wives tales... castor oil (if you really wanna poop your guts out), raspberry leaf tea to thin the cervix, cammomile to start contractions, shagging, lots of walking.....

GOOD LUCK!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search