Sorry I have Been Missing

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2008, 08:27 AM
belle67's Avatar Super Mommy
I just got a pm from Jen and I realized that I haven't been by in quite some time! My apologies!
Things have been crazy since the birth of my daughter but now that we are getting into a routine, it is becoming a little easier and manageable each day!

Sydney Katharine
Born Jan. 23 at 4:57am (3 weeks early)
6lbs. 4 oz.
18 1/2 inches

I was admitted Jan. 17 to the hospital due to my high blood pressure. They monitored me and gave me medication to see if it would lower my b/p. It didn't and I was still having headaches and nausea. They decided to induce me Jan. 22 but since they were so busy, it didn't happen until 8:45pm.
They broke my water and after an hour of only a few contractions, they gave me pitocin. It worked so well and fast that they had to turn it down until I reached 10cm. They had to turn her as she was getting ready to crown as she was facing up and then I had to get an episiotomy as her heart rate dropped right near the end.
The hospital teams were awesome and DH watched everything. It was a great experience for all of us.
Everyone thought it was a boy (even DH) but when I said it was a girl and I turned to look at him, the tears in his eyes told me he was so happy. She is the spitting image of him.

She is now almost 9lbs and 22 inches and breastfeeding is going great. I am even managing to pump some extra to have on hand.
I had my 6 week checkup last week and have lost all my baby weight (23 lbs) plus 2 extra so I was thrilled to hear that!

At the hospital:

And at 6 Weeks:

March 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is gorgeous! Great job mama!!

Lucky mother to five!

March 13th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
aww so pretty!

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

March 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
She sure has a lot of hair!! Shes as cute as a button!! Thanks for sharing!!! Welcome back!!

March 13th, 2008, 06:54 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Jennifer she is just gorgeous! So glad you stopped by to say hi and tell us how it went.

I know how busy it can get with a newborn but promise you will stop in and update us on how Sydney is doing.
March 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
OMGoodness she is such a doll! I love the last pic! Thanks for the update and try to stop in more often
March 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
belle67's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I am trying to catch up with everything that has been going on.

March 14th, 2008, 09:07 AM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Awww she is so sweet!! Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search