What's your story?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2010, 06:10 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are comfortable with it, share your story about weight loss. Struggles and Triumphs!

Forever remembering your smiling face.

Last edited by 3OhioBoys; May 24th, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
June 10th, 2010, 07:06 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Oh, wow, Whitney.. it's very fortunate you didn't collapse during or after those three weeks from the strain that must have put on all your organs! Scary.

I never struggled with weight until adulthood, except that when I was 15 and still not having periods my doc told me I needed to gain about 15 pounds. I was a dress size 0 or 2, jean size 4.. when I got me license at 16 I was already my adult height (5'11") and weighed only about 115 pounds or less. I was very much into ballet, dancing three hours a night almost every night of the week, plus a couple of hours on Saturdays. I gave up ballet when a teacher told me I was too tall to be a dancer in the corps and nowhere near good enough to be a soloist.. she was absolutely right, saved me heartbreak later on.

I got pregnant with Robert when I was 18, didn't gain much weight as he was born at only 25 weeks. I had Raechel 17 months later, after gaining 70 pregnancy pounds. I dropped 50 of it. Gained 40 pounds with Daniel, lost maybe 20 of it then gained a bit.. you see where this is going. I didn't exercise, didn't eat well, would skip b'fast and binge at night... before I got pregnant with Mary I weighed 215 pounds and was a size 18. My heaviest weight with her was 250. I started hanging out at the Family Fitness board here at JM (now combined with the weight loss board) because I knew I wanted to start working out. I started easy walking when I was about 7 months pregnant with her, a couple of times a week. You know we birth at home... well, when I was in labor with her, entering transition I was really scared that I was not going to be able to hold myself in the position I needed to be in. My legs were so weak and I was so heavy... it scared the crap outta me. Of course EVERY woman goes through a brief "I can't do this" at that point in labor, but thinking about it later I realized that my weight really was putting me and my baby(ies) at risk. I started exercising when Mary was four weeks old, built up to where I was doing a mix of cardio, strength training, yoga, and pilates at least an hour a day almost every day of the week. I dropped two (almost three) sizes and lost 25 pounds over my pre-preg-with-Mary weight. It felt really good.

When I had to get a job it kinda interfered with my weight loss, so I gained some weight back... I weighed 205 in a size 14 when I got pregnant this time. I know my ratio of muscle to fat is better than it used to be. I'm still working out almost every day, gave up weight lifting only about a month ago. I've only gained about 15 pounds with this pregnancy. What I weigh right now is still less than I weighed when I first started working out. That gives me confidence that I can continue to make improvements. I need to work on my diet, though, I still eat more than I should even though my choices are usually better.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 10th, 2010, 08:14 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I never really had any issues with my weight during highschool... I sat at 160 through highschool and I was happy with that. It was more my trich that gave me a hard time during school (but that's another story). After highschool my weight jumped between 140 and 180 during two years of college and when I moved to Calgary I developed some bad habits... Because I lived in a house with 3 other girls there really wasn't enough space for the "right" foods, as we each had a set of cupboards to use. So with limited space I started buying what was convenient to make, Ramen noodles, mac n cheese, chips, poptarts, etc. But my weight still fluxed between 160 and 180...

Then I met Joe... and I moved to the US... after getting to Georgia, my weight peaked at 200... And honestly I felt gross. I had never been that heavy and it was all because of bad habits really, too much pasta, not enough veggies or fruits... my diet wasn't balanced, and I wasn't exercising... When I became pregnant with Belle I weighed 210. I gained about the average 30 pounds, delivered her via c/s and just after my 3 month mark of "no heavy or strenuous exercise" limit from my OB, I ended up having my gallbladder removed. And again the surgeon said for the next 2 months no strenuous exercise..... WELL....

I was never able to get rid of the weight well enough, and when I became pregnant with Emily I weighed 240. Before I gained any weight at all, I lost 9 pounds. And then gained only 14. So after my delivery and at my 6 week PP check up, I weight 224.....

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
June 10th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I Grew up in an average town, .. was 5'5 and 120-130 lbs through out highschool.. I graduated and went to basic training ( airforce).. I had my first son at 19.. I gained 41 lbs ( ending at 180 right before i delivered him ) I weighted 160 after delivering Gregory... Breast feeding him didnt work out so i kept some weight on for a while but the military makes you work out so i eventually got back down to 140-135... then I met my husband at A class that all airforce enlisted have to take.. I got comfortable and was 150-155 when we got pregnant with rafe .. I ended up at 214 before delivery .. I was so upset but it turned out i had pregnancy diabetes at the very end.. last 2 weeks that made me put on so much weight! After delivering Rafe, i was back at 189.. THis time , even though rafe was in the hospital ICU for the first 2 weeks of his precious life, i pumped every 3 hours to give him the best chance at life possible! he eventually came home and i made myself bF.. I was determined to lose the weight and so I finally got back down to 155 this past dec...

Well this past year we were told that rafe was cortically blind, and my stress level went through the roof! had to make the hardest phone ever and tell my husband who was deployed to Iraq the terrible news~ he came home via red cross since rafe also started having seizures.. well he came home in feb.. March rafe got admitted and then we found out we were pregnant again! i have gained alot already 10 lbs or so.. I have had the glucose test done to see if i have pregnancy diabetes early this time.. ( no phone call so i hope that is good news~)

Right now i am trying to eat good for our daughter and after that the game is on..I am determinded to bF again and loss all the weight again!

Good luck ladies and thanks if you made it this far! Feels good to share!

June 11th, 2010, 01:38 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I was never a very heavy teenager, i didnt weigh myself but i was very happy in what i wore and i felt confident in my body. Then i left secondary school (high school) and i started going out to pubs and parties (legal age for alcohol is 18 here) and i took up smoking. I also had a very active job and was in college full time, so i was always fairly trim.

then i quit smoking and started dating my now dh. he only ate at burger king or mac donalds, so whenever we went somewhere i would end up eating there with him. and when i quit smoking, instead of having a cig and a coffee i was having a biscuit and coffee.

The bad habits really kicked in when I got pregnant with my son. I was so sick at the start, but i didnt lose anything, just stayed the same for the first 18 weeks. then i felt better and couldnt stop eating. it was like i was discovering food for the first time. But i made all the wrong choices. I ate fried fatty food, very little fruit and veg. then i stopped working so i was getting no exercise at all.

After jake was born i adjusted to being a sahm. a few months after he was born i weighed myself for prob the first time ever. I was 17 stone. which is about 238 pounds. I tried to get a handle on it and lost 14 pounds. but the motivation didnt last long and i gained it back, plus more.

I am now 5 ft 7 and 245 pounds. I have lost 30 pounds in the last 6 months and i am really starting to struggle with it. I got to this weight because i didnt exercise and i made really bad food choices. and it has to stop. I'm 24 and i wear a size 20 clothes (dont know what that equals in us!) I'm sick of it. i want my body to be a healthy place for the baby i desperately want.

I cant wait to take this journey with you ladies! good luck everyone and i really hope we all meet our goals!

June 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
I was never really big growing up, but always had a little bit of a belly. I was 150 in junior high and maintained it for awhile. When I moved from NY to AZ I met my first love. Due to some bad judgement on my mom's part, she cut off my phone and internet to keep us apart. I became really depressed, and stopped eating for a few months (except a little bit of a dinner, and the occasional lunch my sister made me eat at school). I lost 30+ pounds. My senior year of high school I weighed 115 at 5'4. If you look back at the pictures I just do NOT look healthy. After high school, I gained some of the weight back. I was 145 when I got pregnant with Xander. I gained 16 pounds during my pregnancy, and have sat around 161-165 since then. I don't want to be where I was in high school, but close. I'm hoping 120, but a little more evenly disbursed than it was before. I really want to get rid of my belly. Most of my body I'm fine with aside from that.

November 30th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well...I guess it started in high school, I was always small. I'm very short and have a small build. I made friends with the popular girls but I was always the "fat friend". I stopped eating. I graduated weighing 98lbs at 16 years old. Which with my height isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. I'm 5'2". I graduated and I wasn't around them any more because I had graduated a year earlier then everybody else. I ballooned up to nearly 200lbs. I was devastated, I was HUGE. I stopped eating again. I got a job and worked as much as I could, i went out with my friends to distract myself. I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to be fat any more. It worked before. I lost 80lbs in 3 months, I went from 190 to 110lbs in 3 months. It was amazing, I loved my life and I was having so much fun. I still felt fat. I didn't REALIZE I had lost any weight, I looked the same to myself. My friends would tell me how great I looked and my pants had gone down 10 sizes. TEN! How could I still think I was fat, what was I thinking? I would drink 5 redbulls a day and a 6 inch sub every other day. sometimes a baked potato, always mall food. Anythign I didn't have to cook because I didn't want food in my house. I wouldn't go to the grocery store, if i buy food, i'll eat it.

I met my husband that year. We got married 4 months after we met. I started eating again.. there was food so I couldn't stop myself... i cant stop eating. I've gained 70 pounds in 4 years. i cannot control my eating. I'm lazy, I'm depressed, I'm a mess compared to who I used to be. I'm trying to change though...Maybe I just need some help. So, that brings me to today...and here I am. With you guys.

Thanks KELLY for my amazing siggggyyyy.
October 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Hi, I am new here. It's good to know that I am not the only one who really struggles with weight/self image issues. I never struggled with any kind of issues til after having my kids. After baby #1, I "magically" made it almost completely back down to pre-pregnancy weight/clothing, but I wasn't so lucky after the next three. And all my pregnancies were back-to-back.

I have slwoly went from a super tiny size 4/5 to what I am now, a 14. I have tried losing weight multiple times, but I always gain it back within a couple months, if not weeks. It can be so depressing and makes me just want to give up. My husband, bless his heart, always tells me I am beautiful no matter what, but I can't help but think I would be More beautiful to him if I was the way I was before we had kids.

I have recently started using something new (for me) called "It Works". With what I have used its not about losing the weight but rather the inches and I have lost 2 inches! Granted, I still have a long ways to go, but I hope really hope if I can keep with it that I will lose the inches I am wanting, and with some of their other products, maybe even lose some real weight too!

But even with this small victory, I have still been more depressed than ever. I feel like even though my husband is saying one thing, he may not mean it. And it's hard to feel like I can get there and reach my goals if I dont have support. I know he can't possibly understand what having children does to your body, but I know the other moms here can.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search