Healthy Restaurant Menu Items

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2010, 06:11 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I don't know about anyone else, but there are a few times when we go out to eat when I really wish the portion sizes were smaller, or even a little healthier!

List some of the restaurants that you've visited with great heatlhy menu items!

Restaurant Name:
Menu Item:
Price:

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
October 29th, 2010, 12:22 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I think it's hilarious that there isn't one single suggestion here yet!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
Ruby Tuesdays
7 oz Petite Sirloin w/ mashed tatas & steamed broccoli = 561 calories for meal
9 oz Top Sirloin w/ same = 651 for meal

IHOP has several options and lists their calories on the menu for those items. I usually get the egg substitute, turkey bacon, and toasts. Two of each.

Wendys - Apple Pecan salad. I usually get the half salad and a bottled water. Sometimes I get the Baja but don't use any dressing with it.

Panara Bread
Half smoked turkey sandwich on country bread with black bean soup 390 calories. I usually get the apple for the other side and take it home to eat later. They're great b/c they list the calories on the board.

Olive Garden - apracot chicken plate. I LOVE their Zupa Toscana so much but it's so bad for me If I want that, then I'll just get that for my meal.

Chic Fila - grilled chicken salad or wrap with berry vinegrette (sp?). Once in a blue moon I may get a grilled chicken and fruit cup.

Waffle House - one waffle w/o the butter and egg substitute. I eat the egg first and usually only eat half the waffle. I sometimes get the strawberry topping, tell them to go lite on it, w/o the whipped cream too. No syrup with the strawberrys.

Pizza - think crust, light on cheese, with ham and pineapple

Japanese - Sushi w/o the fish. I have two veggie rolls )or one avacado roll & one cucumber roll) because I don't like fish. I typically have a side salad with the ginger dressing on the side. Yummy! If this isn't your cup of tea, try to just sub steamed rice (brown if you can) for the fried rice. This is great with teriaki (sp?) chicken at our local place.

Traditional mexican restaurant - I normally get the chicken fajitas, hold the tortillias, no cheese or sour cream, and eat the meat with onions & peppers, the rice, and the refried beans. We typically eat here for lunch and they don't give you the salad stuff, cheese, & sour cream on the lunch fajitas so that helps.

I avoid chinese buffets, or any buffet for that matter except the Ruby Tuesday salad bar, fast food at breakfast time,and places where I can't get nutritional info for.

This is what I get most of the places that we normally go. The most important thing is to have a plan in mind before you go. I almost always try to figure out where we are going before we leave so I can go online and look up the nutritional information.

Last edited by Turtlesong; November 20th, 2010 at 02:17 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search