Robyn!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2010, 05:28 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please tell us about your meeting with the nutritionist!!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
September 24th, 2010, 08:10 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
she was amazing! at first i was really intimidated, she came out to the waiting room and she was wearing a beautiful dress and she was so slim and glamourous, i thought she was gonna be a right snooty cow! but as soon as she started talking that impression vanished. what a wonderful woman. she is so supportive, professional, friendly and most of all approachable. we really hit it off.

the plan is the best thing ever! its basically working off the food pyramid. so every day I eat 6 portions of fruit and veg, 5 portions of carbohydrate, 3 portions of dairy, 2 portions of protein, 2 portions of fat and i have 100 calories a day to spend on junk. it all adds up to 1500 calories, but its so managable. and it gives a great starting point when trying to decide what to eat.
today for example, i had 2 slices of toast and a banana, strawberry and vanilla smoothie for breakfast, lunch was a 2 egg omellette with cheese, courgette, peppers, red onion and carrots and a peach, snack of a fruit and nut granola bar, dinner will be beef&veggie curry with rice and 2 clementines and i still have 100 calorie treat in the evening! i feel like i've been eating all day!

it feels very managable and i'm so confident i can do this. the only hard part is figuring out what a portion looks like! its easy for most things, but when i just cut up a mix of veggies for my dinner its hard to know how many portions in it.

thanks so much for asking! i had a post written out and lost it due to JM maintainence and i just forgot to start again!

September 24th, 2010, 09:13 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds great!

While at my hair salon last weekend my stylist and I were talking about weight and she told me another girl there was on a strict 1200 a day diet. She has been doing it for a year and has gone from 183 to 135. Which BTW is my current weight and my goal weight .

Forever remembering your smiling face.
October 1st, 2010, 10:28 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Robyn, it's been almost a week... how's it going?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 8th, 2010, 06:18 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
sorry jennifer, just seeing this now! thanks so much for thinking of me. its going really well! i never thought it could be this easy. I found it hard to get the fruit in at first, but i seemed to have gotten used to it now and its much easier.

And the best thing is, i feel fantastic. I woke this morning before the alarm and i felt fully refreshed. I cant remember the last time i felt like that. usually i'm dragging myself out of bed. I feel more alert and i dont need to nap during the day any more. I feel happier. Should have done this years ago!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search