Practically November, check in :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2010, 09:47 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, while I'm thinking about it, I wanted to start a November thread. How are we doing? I can see that many people lurk here but we are not getting many (any) posters. Come on ladies!!!!

I am doing really bad about drinking water. I am working on making it a habit to drink a full cup many times a day. I think I may have to start setting a timer to get myself into the habit.

I added a weight loss ticker!!! My hope is that I will use that to keep better track of myself and to be held accountable. I have pretty much lost all hopes of reaching my initial goal (down to 160 by my cousins wedding) but the good news is, I will not be the fattest one there !!!

Jennifer, I see from your ticker that you were a naughty one!!! Care to fess up?

Forever remembering your smiling face.
October 27th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm gonna jump on your weight loss bandwagon in November. I lost 23 pounds early this year and then when summer rolled around I got out of a routine and lost all motivation, then I started feeling worse and worse due to my gall bladder and I've now gained a couple pounds. AF is in town right now, but when she's gone and Halloween's over (hehe) then I'm starting back on losing weight.....eating healthier, drinking only water (and lots of it) and exercising. Wish me luck
Good luck to everyone else too!!!
How do you update your ticker, Whit?

October 27th, 2010, 12:13 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners Mommie +1 View Post
How do you update your ticker, Whit?
I'm not really sure yet . I just started it but I think you can go to the site and put in a pin numer that you create in order to update your ticker.

And good luck to you! What are your goals?

Forever remembering your smiling face.
October 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
well done whitney! you are doing really well!

jen, it'll be great to have you on board! good luck with your goals!

maybe we should have a november weight loss chit chat??

I'm doing pretty well, i have lost 9lbs since my dietician appointment on the 22nd sept, so in 5 weeks. i've lost 15lbs total. i'm really pleased with myself. its tough going and some days i feel like giving up, but my husband has been terrific. only 85lbs to go!!!

October 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM
My goals as far as how much weight I want to lose? I want to lose a total of 63 pounds at least....so, I've still got a good ways to go. Good luck to all of us

October 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
glad to see you girls checking in.. can't believe it is November already! Jen, welcome aboard!

Robyn, I'm so impressed that you've been loosing so much! Three pounds a week is really impressive.

Whitney, you caught me. It really happened quite by accident- I had a soda float with DH one evening and didn't think a thing about it until HE said "I guess you'll have to get rid of that ticker thingie of yours now, right?" Ugh. So I had a "what the heck" can of pop the next day. Then I redid the ticker. LOL!

This week I'm finishing Phase I of my version of p90x. I say "my version" because I'm having to make some substitutions and modify some routines to be quicker. As is, the program takes an hour to an hour and a half a day. I just can't commit that much time every day, but I've been managing 45min to an hour daily. On Sunday I'm going to take my weight and measurements to track my progress at 30 days in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but since I've not been tracking food lately, I'm not expecting fantastic results. I think my arms look more toned, I can already curl more weight, and DH says my butt looks great so I'm happy no matter what the scale says.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
thanks jen! that 3lbs isnt totally accurate, i was up a lb the week before, but i didnt count it cos i weighed the day af came. so i think i was actually down that week but was retaining fluid, so this week it looked like i lost alot more. still, its awesome seeing it on the scale!

cant believe you are nearly thru phase 1 of p90x. its so hard, i'd prob collapse after 3 days! you are right not to think about the scales. as long as you are happy with how you look and dh is enjoying the booty view then thats a good result in my book! how is robert getting on with it?

PS, great to hear from you!!!!

October 30th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Jen, Where the heck have you been? Good to hear from you!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search