I need help.....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Healthy Mommas Club LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know why I can't start eating better again and exercising again! When I started at the beginning of the year, I did amazing and was so proud of myself for losing 23 pounds....I weighed myself last night (of course after eating so not very accurate) and I was so disappointed in myself. I said yesterday was the day I was going to start back and I wanted to lose 10 more pounds before we go to Disneyworld in 4 weeks, but I've still been eating like crap and eating lots of Halloween candy and I'm so ashamed of myself HELP

November 2nd, 2010, 12:13 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A-10 pounds in 4 weeks is not healthy! Take your time and it will be more likely to stay off!

B- Get a mental image of what you want your body to be. Go ahead and be extreme with it! Every time you reach for the candy think of the mental picture... then grab a few pieces and throw it in the trash. It's not good for you nor your kids so pitch it a little at a time. I have a hard to with candy too but I find that it's only the first week that's hard. Once you get rid of the urge and the cravings you'll do fine!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
November 2nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
totally ditto whitneys advice. the healthiest weight you can lose in 4 weeks is 8lbs. thats 2 lbs a week, which is a healthy loss.

my other advice is, take it one day at a time. have a goal in mind, but dont think of how far you have to go to get there. try and stay on track for one day. one day seems so easy. finish that day and then wake up and say, right, i can do it again today. and before you know it a week will have past and it wont be so hard anymore. it will be much easier to plan and to allow treats after that first week.

do you plan on counting calories or anything? come join me and jhmomofmany on Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com its got a facebook style front page and its absolutely brilliant for keeping track. def recommend it. its done wonders for me. 15lbs down since i started it!

good luck sweetie. saw a quote in someones siggy on myfitnesspal that said "i could be unstoppable, if i could just get started"

November 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
How is it going? Did you throw out that Halloween candy yet?

My Fitness Pal really is great- I haven't been using it lately, I need to get my butt back on there.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Didn't throw it out, but I haven't been eating it...doesn't mean I haven't eaten other crap I'm just so unhappy with myself that I don't care about what I eat and bc I dont' care about what I eat, I'm unhappy with myself....it's a neverending sickening cycle!

November 7th, 2010, 11:29 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I know what that's like... I wish I had some help for you. The good news, though, is that every moment is an opportunity to do better. One good choice tends to lead to another. What ONE good thing can you do for yourself today?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners Mommie +1 View Post
Didn't throw it out, but I haven't been eating it...doesn't mean I haven't eaten other crap I'm just so unhappy with myself that I don't care about what I eat and bc I dont' care about what I eat, I'm unhappy with myself....it's a neverending sickening cycle!
i am right there with you. i feel so rubbish about myself that i feel like "well i'm fat anyway, whats this bite of X going to do?" and because that bite of X leads to a lick of Y, i end up feeling even worse about myself, which leads to another bite of X!

But right now, i am re-committing. i am commiting to stick to my plan and really work at it. no more junk, no more off plan. the food doesnt make things better so whats the point, kwim?

sorry this has turned into my own rant, but i am right there with you sweetheart. you are a beautiful woman and you deserve to feel good. you deserve to be healthy and feel sexy. we can do it!!!

November 7th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2J View Post
i am right there with you. i feel so rubbish about myself that i feel like "well i'm fat anyway, whats this bite of X going to do?" and because that bite of X leads to a lick of Y, i end up feeling even worse about myself, which leads to another bite of X!

But right now, i am re-committing. i am commiting to stick to my plan and really work at it. no more junk, no more off plan. the food doesnt make things better so whats the point, kwim?

sorry this has turned into my own rant, but i am right there with you sweetheart. you are a beautiful woman and you deserve to feel good. you deserve to be healthy and feel sexy. we can do it!!!
That's exactly what I feel like!!!

November 22nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First, big hugs ! being healthy is so hard sometimes!! I keep lots of fruit on hand to eat when i feel the craving for something sweet .. Also i eat fruit , yogurt and granola parfait mixed together!

Also do you have a water bottle? I recently got a 30 oz water bottle and i keep that on hand with me at all times so when i am thirsty i dont grab a soda..

take it one day at a time , when you feel upset or angry just remember that we are all here with you and you are not alone!

November 23rd, 2010, 05:22 AM
Thank you Laura....I figure at this point in the year, it's pretty pointless, but right after Christmas, I'll be starting back. At least when I go to Disneyworld and eat all that delicious food, I'll be walking it off some, right? LOL

November 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yes enjoy disneyworld and yes you will be walking a lot!! hugs hun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search